Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Poke  (Read 37655 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Poke
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »

Is the "goop" from the sticky goop grenades flammable?  Could it be used to successfully put out fires?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »

Is the "goop" from the sticky goop grenades flammable?  Could it be used to successfully put out fires?

Shouldn't be very flammable, no. Putting out smallish fires should be doable, though if you're trying to subdue a massive raging inferno other options would work better.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:14 pm »

Thanks.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2016, 10:56:44 am »

yay, nothing for me to do here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2016, 11:01:03 am »

yay, nothing for me to do here.
Just gimme a couple seconds
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2016, 07:52:41 pm »

Me and syv have hit a bit of a wall on some points in regard to that self-building colony idea I told you about a while ago. Is it ok if we work out some details in here?
sure

Those organic computers from the planetoid, the very adaptable ones. Remember those? The idea is to use them to create the colony's central organizing structure due to them being so adaptable to different circumstances. Would this work? And would it work better than using a regular silicon computer controller, or one based of wetware tech? In general, what are your thoughts on the needs and options for the central controlling unit? 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2016, 07:42:08 pm »

• Would it be feasible, with ERtech™, would it be possible to create a computerized scope (like you put on weapon, or possibly as binoculars) that automatically analyze someone's general emotional state and propensity to violence using blood pressure, heart rate, breathing patterns etc.?
  • Would the above be possible to make as a software update for cameyes (though I would suggest that this is less efficient than a dedicated item)?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2016, 04:24:23 am »

Me and syv have hit a bit of a wall on some points in regard to that self-building colony idea I told you about a while ago. Is it ok if we work out some details in here?
sure

Those organic computers from the planetoid, the very adaptable ones. Remember those? The idea is to use them to create the colony's central organizing structure due to them being so adaptable to different circumstances. Would this work? And would it work better than using a regular silicon computer controller, or one based of wetware tech? In general, what are your thoughts on the needs and options for the central controlling unit? 
Hmm. Well it might.

The thing the organic computers do great is changing themselves. They're sort of swiss army knives of computers and can change and adapt.  When you say organizing structure, does that require more an ability to utilize lateral thinking, or more the ability to rapidly change the entire computational infrastructure to handle multiple platforms?

• Would it be feasible, with ERtech™, would it be possible to create a computerized scope (like you put on weapon, or possibly as binoculars) that automatically analyze someone's general emotional state and propensity to violence using blood pressure, heart rate, breathing patterns etc.?
  • Would the above be possible to make as a software update for cameyes (though I would suggest that this is less efficient than a dedicated item)?
Uh, well heart rate and blood pressure I kind of hard to gauge from a distance.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2016, 09:56:20 am »

How long does pocket dimensional matter take to break down? minutes? seconds?

how much control do we have over the size of the portal?
is it set in stone, or is there a certain range of sizes to choose from?

speaking of setting things in stone, if we embedded the portal in a large slab if rock then placed said slab on a wagon... could we make our portals mobile?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2016, 11:26:49 pm »

Uh, well heart rate and blood pressure I kind of hard to gauge from a distance.
With future-tech? If MS Kinect can claim to measure someone's heart rate with a camera, I'd think ERtech™ would be able to pull it off reliably. I'm no expert though.

Nunzillor

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2016, 01:43:31 pm »

Can inactive teammates be controlled by active players under some circumstances?  If so, under what circumstances is this permitted? 

If I recall correctly, this happened a few times with Feyri during M18, so there is some precedent for this.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:47:38 pm by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:19 pm »

Usually the player gives permission to someone else to control their character in their absence.

Nunzillor

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:53 pm »

But what if a player leaves without giving permission for anyone else to handle their character?  In M27, for example, what if all active players besides a pilot leave a shuttle, and the shuttle is left without a gunner during a crucial moment?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »

If it's a situation like that, PW will usually assume that the gunner would shoot at the incoming threat.  If an entire shuttle just went braindead, it usually fades into a shield of stasis dementia.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2016, 02:43:40 pm »

That's good to hear, that's what I was worried about.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16