Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Roleplay or Straight Gameplay?

RP
Straight gameplay

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Let's Unify Britannia: House Aberffraw (CKII)  (Read 28489 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Wales (CKII)
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »

(How the hell do you restart a poll after it expires by the way? I want to know!)

No idea, sorry.  :-\

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2016, 07:51:45 pm »

The Dubiously Competent Adventures of King Anarawd

It is 7 June, 893. Remember how I said a storm was coming for County Glamorgan last update? I lied. I was reading the dates wrong and I have another year to wait on the truce. So, I have no real plan for this update, except "wait for things to happen". So I'm just gonna leave the game on and see what does happen. In the meantime, here's a screenshot of the entire world.

Of course, it has no names on it, so it's kinda useless. Anyway, WEIRD AI SHIT THAT HAPPENED IN THIS SAVE:
Maygars pwned by Bulgars, mega Bulgaria, Hungary never existed. (I feel like that happens weirdly often to me. Does this happen to anyone else?)

Scandinavian border gore.

Karlings actually don't have a ton of border gore. The only weird thing is MegaBurgundy.

Castille broke away from Asturias.

Ulster expands into Scotland.

Independent and large Miaphysite Armenia.

The Viking hold a scarily large amount of Ireland and they won't stop conquering. This is bad.

DIPLOMACY FOR THE DIPLOMACY GOD

Mayor Dickcheese has decided he doesn't hate me. I am now indifferent towards him, and he loves me. This is weird. It's kinda nice to have someone to hate sometimes. At least I still have that traitor Duke Tewdwr.

The truce period with Glamorgan is over. I would kill them, but it's late and I need to go to bed now.

It is 26 December, 894.
Cash: 204
Prestige: 1263
Piety: 305
Ruler age: 44
Heir age: 18
Vassals: All happy except Tewdwr the Traitor (who only has -2). Everyone is in at least the teens. 3 out of 5 bishops send taxes to me, 2 send taxes to the Pope.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:42:54 am by LordBrassroast »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2016, 07:55:33 pm »

Wow, they all love you now!  Go take some land!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »

Maygars pwned by Bulgars, mega Bulgaria, Hungary never existed. (I feel like that happens weirdly often to me. Does this happen to anyone else?)

It happens alot for me too, I think it might just be the AI being incompetent at wars.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2016, 01:43:08 am »

It happens alot for me too, I think it might just be the AI being incompetent at wars.

Same. Magyars didn't even make it into Carpathia in my latest game, and their would-be realm was divided between stronk Bulgaria and Moravia. I just figured the Magyar event troops were seriously nerfed at some point. *shrug*
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »

The Dubiously Competent Adventures of King Anarawd

I'm going to start a bit more "roleplaying" or "story" in this LP. Hope that's OK with everyone. I'll have a poll for everyone to tell if you like RP or straight gameplay.

26 December, Anno Domini 894

I have been informed by my chancellor that our truce with the last independent realm in Cymru, County Glamorgan, has ended. This tiny little county is the one thing standing between me and my father Rhodri's life goal: A unified and strong Cymru.

I sent a message off, offering peaceful vassalization one last time. He refused. Violently. I need a new messenger.

Anyway, his ass is going to be dead rather soon. I send another letter, of a similarly violent nature. I make sure not to get too attached to the new messenger I just sent.

Once our army is assembled in Powys, banners snapping in the breeze, I receive reports of his force in Deheubarth, sieging castles, burning villages, stampeding women, and raping cattle. We march out immediately to deal with the problem. Violently.

In approximately ten minutes ((game time)) we smash through both flanks.

Victory was achieved handily. And violently. We march on Glamorgan to begin sieges.

EDIT STARTING

23 July, Anno Domini 895
Mihangel's wife died in childbirth, but the babe was saved. Normally, I would rejoice, but the babe is a girl. I'm not sexist, but everyone else in the realm is, and we can't hold the kingdom together with a female heir. However, there are more pressing matters. Mihangel is still young enough to have children. And my father was popping out bastards until he died.

The siege of Cardiff is going well. However, Count Owain's disorganized rabble is again storming the gates of my castle in Dyfed. To leave would be to waste all our lovely siege progress. So we'll deal with the bastards later.

And then a couple hundred Vikings showed up in Gwynedd just to ruin my day. I'll have to kill them later.

On October 28th, we march triumphantly into Cardiff. And immediately leave to go kill more people.

The Battle of Carmarthen is won easily. At this rate the war will be over by Christmas.

On April 12th, 896 we walk into Llandaff. I guess it wasn't over by Christmas.

However, it is over by Easter.

And with the end of the war, Rhodri's dream is realized: All the Welsh under one flag. Except for the Welsh in Strathclyde, of course. But they're just Welsh culture on the map, they're all secretly Scottish.

Now, Sjaelland is wracked by a massive revolt and Jorvik is at war. You guys think now would be an excellent time for Holy War for Ireland, Fun, and Profit? DEUS VULT, PAGANS!

PROGRESS TODAY: CYMRU AM BYTH! We need a new thread title.

Cash: 246
Prestige: 1397
Piety: 321
Ruler age: 46
Heir age: 20
Vassals: Tewdwr still hates me, and I just absorbed a new vassal with a county, 3 claims, and a negative 88 towards me. Plot to revoke, plot to kill. 3/5 Bishops like me more than the Pope.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:57:46 am by LordBrassroast »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2016, 09:23:36 pm »

PTW
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2016, 02:52:31 am »

Yeeeesss :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2016, 05:59:38 am »

Put a ton more stuff in the other post. I probably should have just made it its own update, but what are you gonna do.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2016, 06:33:35 am »

How have I missed this so far? PTW.

Oh, FWIW, the makers of this game have screwed some geography up with regards Welsh towns/cities and which county they are in...

Anyway, count me in for taking Ireland into true Celtic hands. Then Scotland. Finally, those dirty Anglos can feel some wrath.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:16:58 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Britannia: House Abberfraw (CKII)
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2016, 11:52:15 am »

Let's take some pagan lands.  Should improve piety too, which will help with those bishops.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Britannia: House Abberfraw (CKII)
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2016, 02:45:34 pm »

Let's take some pagan lands.  Should improve piety too, which will help with those bishops.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2016, 10:59:47 am »

Anyway, count me in for taking Ireland into true Celtic hands. Then Scotland. Finally, those dirty Anglos can feel some wrath.

Here, have a Polandball explaining my plan.
Spoiler: CYMRU STRONK (click to show/hide)

We may have to make a temporary alliance with the Saxons to REMOVE HEATHEN. But, in the end, we will remove all Germanic. Or at least put it under Welsh rule.

Also, is it just me or does Count Owain of Glamorgan from last update have the worst bowl cut ever?

EDIT: Oh my God, I broke all the Polandball rules, didn't I? Circle tool, brush marks, the whole shebang. Anyway, it was my first one ever, and I hope to get better at it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:09:22 pm by LordBrassroast »

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 06:17:46 pm »

Here, have a Polandball explaining my plan.
Spoiler: CYMRU STRONK (click to show/hide)

We may have to make a temporary alliance with the Saxons to REMOVE HEATHEN. But, in the end, we will remove all Germanic. Or at least put it under Welsh rule.

Also, is it just me or does Count Owain of Glamorgan from last update have the worst bowl cut ever?

EDIT: Oh my God, I broke all the Polandball rules, didn't I? Circle tool, brush marks, the whole shebang. Anyway, it was my first one ever, and I hope to get better at it.
Perfect plan, perfect illustration.

Just googled "Polandball rules." Goodness gracious do people take their talking country-orbs seriously.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Unify Britannia: House Aberffraw (CKII)
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »

Just googled "Polandball rules." Goodness gracious do people take their talking country-orbs seriously.

Spoiler: Moar polandball (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:02:25 am by LordBrassroast »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9