Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Populate A Setting  (Read 4020 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Populate A Setting
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

This is similar to a create a setting game, but instead the idea is you create new areas in a standard fantasy setting like Greyhawk or Golarion.

The town of Leen was once a great city, but now is a shadow of itself, surrounded by haunted ruins.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Populate A Setting
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:50:30 am »

Inside of Leen sits it the white tower. A huge church.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 09:52:37 am »

They claim to have the secret of eternal youth and frequently kidnap and sacrifice homeless people to further their own ends but on the outside they seem to be very kind people.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 09:59:34 am »

They claim to have the secret of eternal youth and frequently kidnap and sacrifice homeless people to further their own ends but on the outside they seem to be very kind people.
The church is lead by charismatic leader Tark Hir. Secretly, he is adept in the art of occult magic
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:09:18 am »

He has summoned a demon, and is preparing to summon more. But he lacks a key ingredient- the blood of a hero.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:13:47 am »

The King of Leen is a young and unwise man, bent on destroying the church, for he worships a different, foreign god and so does his court.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:15:24 am »

The most popular bar in town is The Spear of Odin, a 5-story combination Hotel/Gambling Hall/Arms Dealership/Spice Den/Shady Bar/Temple, that's run by Sergei, a retired Half-Elf Knight and fanatical follower of Odin and the Norse Pantheon. A few Gnome Employees help Sergei regulate the place. Sergei doesn't honestly care about the religious conflict because he believes that both sides will just send each other to Valhalla eventually.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 10:16:04 am »

He has summoned a demon, and is preparing to summon more. But he lacks a key ingredient- the blood of a hero.
The Demon, Ul'ric, is a horrible demon of the void. He is a lesser demon, but is incredibly powerful. The only thing that could kill him, is a spook.

The spooks are an order of people who fight darkness in the world. John Gregory has been altered of the demons existence, and is taking his powerful apprentice, Thomas, to check out the church. Oh yeah, the church hates spooks.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 10:19:41 am »

The reason Leen has gone into a depression is that a vicious Plague swept through a few years earlier, many Citizens resent the King for his inability to halt The Dance Fever, that killed a sizable chunk of the population and drove off many more people.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:15:13 pm by Ardent Debater »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:58 am »

The city is run by a parliament of 18 people. The parliament is primarily represented by the operariorum party, which is party of the working people. There are 9 operariorum, 4 of the
nobilis party (The aristocrats) and 5 of the ecclesia party (The Church) Of course, the king also has power.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 10:27:44 am »

The city is run by a parliament of 18 people. The parliament is primarily represented by the operariorum party, which is party of the working people. There are 9 operariorum, 4 of the
nobilis party (The aristocrats) and 5 of the ecclesia party (The Church) Of course, the king also has power.

The cumbersome infighting between political factions is why the Government failed to quarantine The Dance Fever, and a few rebel terrorists want to overthrow the government and vote in a new Monarch, although they aren't nearly strong enough to actually revolt they are a very pesky thorn in the establishment's side.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 10:33:36 am »

Not only is the church opposed by the spooks, but also by a group of wizards called "The Fire Cloaks" the are mages specialized in arcane.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:39 pm »

The leader of the Fire Cloaks is secretly being mind-controlled by a ghost.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:16 pm »

The ghost is the ghost of famous priest Alberion Coyle, who was excommunicated from the church for thinking differently.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 12:41:11 pm »

In these dark times, some people of Leen have turned to drugs to stave off depression, the most dangerous and effective of these drugs is Stardust, there are only a few drug dealers are in the City but they all have an enormous market for their goods. Most of the drug dealers have rebel sympathies and the majority of the rebel funds come from 'anonymous donations'.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:25:42 pm by Ardent Debater »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4