Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000  (Read 30639 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2016, 04:11:34 pm »

I'd play it again, but I already have enough to do and last time I played all the guild doods left and merged with a different one. Eh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2016, 05:27:00 pm »

It's worth noting for anyone who is giving the game another chance, they recently added a buff that can be claimed once each day for either 30 minutes of +200% xp, or 1 hour of +100% xp. Really helps speed up the grind for people who only have a little time to play each day.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2016, 03:07:44 pm »

So, I've been playing again. Turns out the sound thing isn't an issue at all anymore. I think I had a virus/spyware at the time, that BDO was somehow interfering with it (maybe their anti-hack software they use?). Cause last time I played, every time I'd shut the game down, my sound would suddenly completely turn off until I reset the PC. Plus I had other issues.

In any case, been playing about a week now. I actually really enjoy it. The "p2w" fiasco seems over with, and they improved their game a lot on that front. You get a ton of free stuff for returning, and every day they give out stuff. And even though I wasn't playing, any time they had server problems they gave out mail with free goodies in it. So I had a TON of free items and gold. I actually like that, because most MMOs don't give you nearly a sliver of a fraction of what BDO gives out. For free at that. I even got a little over 40 days of "free" veteran bonus time (which is kinda like a subscription with benefits that some MMOs have (like ESO in a way), costs 15 dollars for 30 days of vet bonus).

I ended up making a Witch character, which is a lot of fun. The game itself (at least on Orwen) is filled with people who just play BDO like a waifu-simulator (I'm guilty of that in a lot of games :P) and just focus on the PVE aspects of BDO.

Here is my Witch with the Weenie Looney outfit I bought

http://imgur.com/a/yu8Mf

I aimed for a different look than what most people tend to give their BDO characters. I like how she came out a lot personally, really happy with her look. And the outfit looks great on her.

For content, I've mostly been doing quests and running around. Trying to get up my contribution points and stamina by running. But I also have a farm, and a house I can decorate. Once I get to level 20, I'm gonna try taming a horse. I saw one last night (a tier 2 one!), but I need a few more levels and some items I didn't have anyway. I also joined a casual guild that doesn't force voice chat or force their members to do stuff. But I helped out on a guild mission to collect a bunch of logs and something else, and that was a lot of fun to be involved like that.

There is a ton to do, so it can get a bit overwhelming without making goals of what to do.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »

There was another p2w fiasco (I'm assuming its not just the ghillie suits) while I wasn't playing? Huh.
Maybe I'll give this another shot and see how things have changed since everyone left silverlight.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »

There was another p2w fiasco (I'm assuming its not just the ghillie suits) while I wasn't playing? Huh.
Maybe I'll give this another shot and see how things have changed since everyone left silverlight.

No, I meant there hasn't been one in a long time as far as I know. Nothing I read about anyway. They seem to have done a lot of stuff to AVOID it. They do however give a ton of free stuff daily, compared to before. And you can buy cash shop items with whatever the game currency is called in-game. Its really easy to get gold, but at same time, everything is really expensive so it still takes time. But you can buy an entire outfit for something like around 12 million gold or whatever its called. Before, you couldn't buy cash shop items even in-game.

So I meant, that they have gone out of their way to avoid things like that.

On Orwen, Calph 2 (I think the unofficial RP server), there is TONS of people and people's merchants all travelling on roads and in cities. The game is super crowded on this server/channel. But I hopped on another channel on Orwen and it was incredibly active too. More active, or at least about the same, when I played at release.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2016, 04:15:40 pm »

Neat.

I think I'd been on Uno though. Was there a difference between the servers?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2016, 05:13:07 pm »

I'm chilling out in Uno, picking up where I left off basically.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2016, 05:32:35 pm »

Neat.

I think I'd been on Uno though. Was there a difference between the servers?

Not really. Orwen is the unofficial RP server (mostly congregating on Calph 2 channel), with more casual play. Edan is the most populated, and I think has the more hardcore PvP players/guilds. Uno not sure, but it used to be the most casual of the three as far as players go and was the least populated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2016, 12:12:31 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »

I'm thinking about getting back into this, but I wouldn't know where to start. Perhaps finishing leveling my Warrior. Maybe finally learning how to set up a workshop and doing some crafting and trading with my linked trifecta nodes. Dunno.

All are free to contact me for membership into my minor guild: Bangbus! Literally, my plan with the guild was a guild that would eventually own one city and everyone was free to do their own thing. Then full guild contracts would be leased to officers full time and dedicated fighting and trading figures on a case-by-case basis.

I had set up a discord room for the guild a long time ago and I will dust it off for use again if there's enough interest.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2017, 10:33:28 am »

The new class was released about a month ago. She's basically an elf samurai.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Her awakening weapon was just released last night; a pair of floating swords which she can magically hurl about the battlefield for some much-needed ranged damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Easter events have started!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2017, 08:08:20 pm »

That sounds neat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2017, 02:43:09 pm »

Is this game worth the buy-in at this point? Both the game itself and DLC-2-win packages are both on sale. I've heard it has an unpleasant anti-cheat system though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:25 pm »

I haven't heard any issues with the anticheat recently, and the only worthwhile things in the higher-price packs when I'd seen them last was the value pack and the free t5 horse. If you want to get it, just get the cheap one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2017, 05:11:14 pm »

The value packs and the pet, you mean. A t5 horse is meaningless - all beginners get a t3, and you can catch t5s wild. The character slot expansions are good for having more energy-slave/market/neg karma failstacking alts, too.

It's only a $6 difference between the two and you get a second value pack (which alone costs more than that), the inv expansion jumps from +8 to +16, and the horse flute becomes permanent. It's by far the best value you'll get.

As for BDO itself, it's a blast, easily the most fun I've had with a MMO since the early days of Runescape. Just don't expect to be in the top 1% PvP guilds in a month.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12