Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000  (Read 30632 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Desert, the new Korean Grindfest 9000
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2016, 05:50:45 pm »

Kind of thankful I didn't pay for Black Desert because no offense to Black Desert but... Kidding!

Actually my computer just can't run it.

---

Ok got it working... oddly restarting it a few times fixed it up.

I can play it solidly on my weird high/med/low combo, but I run into alot of latency laggggggg. I don't know if it's cuz I'm on Orwen, or what, but it's curbed my enthusiasm for the game for a bit. I have 5 million silver, a good t4 horsey, linked heidel, velia and celiphos? cant remember the name and have the makings of a decent trade empire but can't bring myself to play it right now. Also, I wish they'd introduce server transfers so I can go jam with some friends on Edan.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2016, 08:16:06 pm »

I am posting again just to shout how much I love this game, and I have been not into MMORPGs for a long time now. It's not perfect but I just seem to consistently have fun learnign and using all the different systems. So much to do!
I got nothing

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2016, 11:06:15 am »

Cannons rule.  You can put them on boats and fire them at those giant blobs of afk fishermen.  Siege workshops aren't in yet but when they are I think I found the new thing to spend most of my crafting one (currently doing armor upgrades and wagon wheels)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2016, 07:35:06 pm »

Well in my trial I am hitting the point where I once again realize that MMOs are really boring without anyone else to play with.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2016, 08:26:32 pm »

Cannons rule.  You can put them on boats and fire them at those giant blobs of afk fishermen.  Siege workshops aren't in yet but when they are I think I found the new thing to spend most of my crafting one (currently doing armor upgrades and wagon wheels)

That sounds like it would be great. Especially with a group of friends. Trolly, but hilarious.
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »

Well ultimately this is a fine game.

But, I dunno... I feel like I finished the game already.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2016, 08:46:48 pm »

So the new samurai class is out.

Real armor on the grillz.  Way better then that high heels/skirt shit that Valkyrie has going on.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2016, 09:13:14 pm »

New event with the maehwa seals. keep them until you have 12, arrange in the right pattern, get free pet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2016, 12:46:14 am »

I want to talk about crafting and the economy. I have seen many threads on the BDO forums bitching about crafted items sell for less than the raw materials do so there is no point in crafting for profit, only craft what you need yourself. Then some folks say that as the economy levels out, this will gradually change but in some cases it might not work out, and I hear Korea and Russia had this exact problem and where they are now, crafting for anyone but yourself is pointless. Some seem to have hope the the NA/Eu servers will be different.

Doing a little checking myself, i notice that selling steel axes and steel pickaxes does net a higher profit than selling the raw materials, have things shifted a bit? Do we still have hope?

Opinions?

EDIT: I take that back, after selling my steel axes i lost 1k silver on each if I had just sold the raw materials i used to make them. That doesn't even account for the beer the gatherers drank. I am leveling my life skills, but I sure wish the economy worked in a more robust way.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:57:05 am by ductape »
I got nothing

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2016, 03:59:50 pm »

Opinions?

It really depends what you're making.  I don't sell the pickaxes (except spares when I'm trying to craft lucky ones).  Some stuff isn't worth selling, or you won't make money on, and other stuff is constantly sold out and you can sell for max price.  Intermediate cooking utensils sell for more than their materials, chandeliers and jukeboxes, wagon parts, some armor, etc.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2016, 01:11:13 am »

I suppose it makes sense really. One one hand you expect the finished product to be worth more than the raw materials, you had to go through some sort of effort to make it. But in the end, you do not need to specialize in crafting to make things, and once set up to make a thing you can make LOTS of them easily. And any player can do this, and probably will do this. In other words, you can be a great crafter and still be a great monster basher, you need not choose or specialize.

So what we have is an amazing crafting system, the best i have ever seen in an MMORPG. But everyone crafts to the point that the crafting portion of the game is almost single player. MOst things you make are not worth selling. They are also too expensive to buy on the AH. So you make the things you want for yourself.

So it does not work like some people might hope and expect, but it is FUN and it is an amazing game either way.
I got nothing

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »

Black Desert is having an event for new and returning players with lots of free gifts!
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/112520-explorer-event-series/

Also, Sorceress Awakening just went live!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2016, 11:21:43 am »

Black Desert is having an event for new and returning players with lots of free gifts!
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/112520-explorer-event-series/

Also, Sorceress Awakening just went live!

Black Desert, its been so long. I had a good start with some money and a decent horsey. I had just figured out how to make the warrior into a facerolling bruiser in PvP.  But the lag. Maybe its fixed. I want to believe.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2016, 01:37:32 pm »

Hmm... guess I could log in to pick up the rewards. 

Would probably mean I'd have to shut down the monstrous amount of tabs I have open on Chrome... that thing sometimes slows my cpu down.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »

I'd install it again, but the game really messed with my sound. For some reason (and it was cause of their fail anti-hack software) interferes with my sound drivers/controls.

When this was installed, randomly my computer would lose all sound until it restarted. I uninstalled the game, but that didn't fix it. I then deleted their anti-hack files that got installed (which do NOT get uninstalled properly) and my sound problem got fixed.

(and to add)

I realized it was cause of BDO, because it would almost always happen after I played the game and got off. But it would still do it sometimes randomly, since the anti-hack was still running on the system even without the game being installed. I even saw it running in task manager. Really weird bug. Probably used a cheaply made anti-hack for their game lol. But, it acted like spyware/malware, because it would keep running on my PC when I booted it up. I'd see it in task manager.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:18:03 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12