Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Yet Another "Lets Play Dwarf Fortress" Thread  (Read 4345 times)

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another "Lets Play Dwarf Fortress" Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:00 pm »

Tinypic
Is a good site for images.

Say, what seeds did we bought to the fortress?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>Metalax however is a bit lazy and is definitely taking too long to build the mechanic's workshop.</STRONG>

Heh.  :cool:

Another place for image uploads http://photobucket.com/.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaulgath:
<STRONG>Ok, I'll be the other proficient miner, please.

Oh, and if you don't mind registering (it's free, of course) http://www.imagecave.com/  is a great image host.

[ February 22, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]</STRONG>

You'll get it as soon as I return from dinner  :)
I'm also using your host for the images, hopefuly it will hold on  :)

quote:
Originally posted by Rakoth:
<STRONG>If you actually manage to pay attention for longer than one page, I still demand I take the reins as Captain of the Guard... darn it.

That or Hammerer.  -Sniffs.- I just love that Hammerer, doling out inarguable justice with a giganormous... hammer.</STRONG>

Don't mock my attention span or you will end up as a jeweler turned unarmed trapper >: )

quote:
Originally posted by Rooster:
<STRONG>just want to play. each time i've signed up
every fortress just ...whatever.any dwarf.I just don't care anymore about job.and a "nice" place WITHOUT humans and/or elves</STRONG>

You'll get to be in it, but I've already picked a world, so too late to submit choices for that :X

quote:
Originally posted by Svirfneblim:
<STRONG>Tinypic
Is a good site for images.

Say, what seeds did we bought to the fortress?</STRONG>

Check out the new screenshots and see for yourself  :)

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »

Make me the carpenter, please.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

All hail the new miner Gaulgath! Not only did he discover the underground river, but his amazing skill with the pickaxe allowed him to not drown the whole fortress.
Tales of this amazing feat will undoubetly be told for centuries.

:(
Rooster the Fisherdwarf has been busy catching turtles and cleaning them so the other lazyassed dwarves will have something to eat, you should thank him.

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

Check this out! Asehujiko, unlike the amazing Gaulgath, is a real slob. Not only does she shirk her mining duty for the weak excuse of "building a door", she doesn't even do that, and just goes and drinks water instead. You need to learn from Gaulgath.
Look at her, mining the corridor that will lead to the farm plot. (the 6x10 bulge you can only see a part of is the farm area, the 2x11 column is where the channel will go through, as well as the 2xN row. The little bulge in the middle of the channel area is where the channel will bend so I can place some traps in the way of any potential channel swimmers.)

EDIT: turns out Aseh is actually female, and so is Gaulgath, so I had to rephrase my post. Hopefuly I'll remember to refer to them as females in the future.

[ February 22, 2007: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

But what do I know?

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »

:O
Gaulgath never ceases to amaze, now she found a streak of silver!...
...Right on my beautiful farm plot... Good job Gaulgath >: (

Meanwhile you can see that a 5-bed temporary barracks has been erected for great justice, so the dwarves will probably rest well come sleep time. Not safely though, since a frightening Werewolf has been seen prowling the great outdoors, lets hope he doesn't have a chance meeting with Rooster the Fisherdwarf that insists on hanging outside (might have something to do with the river being outside)

But what do I know?

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »

Gah!
Now Gaulgath sullies my food stockpile with a dirty little copper vein. Luckily stockpile enjoy rather flexible design, so it won't be to obstrusive.
On other news, 7 beds were constructed and 7 dwarves hybernated and woke up.
In an area of the fortress you can't see right now, there is a mechanism just one tile away from the floodgate that will bring us all the freedom of agriculture. I guess some mechanic is being lazy again.
Other great news include the werewolf left and has been replaced by foxes and racoons, so our fortress is safe for the time being.
But what do I know?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>In an area of the fortress you can't see right now, there is a mechanism just one tile away from the floodgate that will bring us all the freedom of agriculture. I guess some mechanic is being lazy again.</STRONG>

It'll get done...
after sleeping...
eating...
drinking...
partying...
going on break......
 :p

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »

Yes! Farming has begun, soon we will be rolling in Plump Helmets (and hopefuly drowning in wine), the future looks bright indeed.

However, some dwarves are *gasp* complaining */gasp* about a lack of chairs. I'm sure building a dining room out of spite will set them straight, so after digging the food stockpile, the mining duo will be asked to mine a dining room for the gods to reckon with!
For Tranceworks!

But what do I know?

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

Yay, I'm a hero!

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 04:01:00 pm »

Aww, Metalax, it seems like people don't really like your meals... "Decadent" they say.

Good thing you finally built that still so you can start brewing some wine so you can stop complaining about lack of drinks and taking 48 hour breaks.
And so people will be too drunk to notice your lousy cooking skills.

Otherwise, everything is going well, another werewolf has come and gone, two pesky racoons have been dismissed (by Gaulgath, isn't that surprising? Even though Shzar has a huge axe he just stood there, watching as the racoon was disemebered by Gaulgath. Well maybe not disemembered, but definitely crushed)

Food supplies are quite low, only 26 units of plants, but its only mid-summer, so there is still hope.

The dining room is not progressing well at all, it has been dug out, but there are no chairs or tables to put inside, even though the mason workshop has been set to repeat throne+table, I think some mason isn't really trying to give everything he has of himself for the greater good (for great justice!)

For Tranceworks! (that's the name of the fortress in case you didn't catch that earlier)

But what do I know?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>Aww, Metalax, it seems like people don't really like your meals... "Decadent" they say.

Good thing you finally built that still so you can start brewing some wine so you can stop complaining about lack of drinks and taking 48 hour breaks.
And so people will be too drunk to notice your lousy cooking skills.
</STRONG>

Hehe, nice.

[ February 22, 2007: Message edited by: Metalax ]

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 06:13:00 pm »

It looks (if my count is right) like the first 7 dwarves are taken... I wouldn't mind being the pesant that comes with the metal smith (or the metalsmith himself if he's alone) otherwise some later imigrant...

Look forward to seeing this progress!

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

Aww, Metalax, it seems like people don't really like your meals... "Decadent" they say.</STRONG>

Err, "decadent" is a compliment.

:D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5