Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 34790 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Offering to trade sheets and quires , prices to be discussed.

oh, timelessbob, please make a couple of scroll rollers too for me.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could have "rations of booze" as the currency, and require they be in barrels and not pots. (Because of arbitrary.)  There's also the bit where you trade the Mountainhome for barrels of booze, which becomes an influx of currency from outside the City too. Just a knee-jerk thought.

Should be doable via stock pile (barrels) and (plants) feeding into Still, and (drink) take from Still--then Profile that Still per District/Brewers. 

Suppose District F, G, and H have Still on their lot.

District F:
#33 (stockpile) Food: Plant: Plump Helmet give to Still#51
#34 Furniture: Barrels give to Still#51
#35 Food: Drinks take from Still#51

District G and H will have a similar setup.

TimelessBob issues a manager 30 Make Brew jobs, and it should split 10 jobs each on those Still.
This would in theory make barrels of booze and place them in each district.

The citizens drinks 4 to 5 times per season, so only required 20 booze units per year.  However, we can't control where Urist will take that booze from.
I can imagine 10 children drinking from the same District's booze pile, lol.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could have "rations of booze" as the currency, and require they be in barrels and not pots. (Because of arbitrary.)  There's also the bit where you trade the Mountainhome for barrels of booze, which becomes an influx of currency from outside the City too. Just a knee-jerk thought.

Should be doable via stock pile (barrels) and (plants) feeding into Still, and (drink) take from Still--then Profile that Still per District/Brewers. 

Suppose District F, G, and H have Still on their lot.

District F:
#33 (stockpile) Food: Plant: Plump Helmet give to Still#51
#34 Furniture: Barrels give to Still#51
#35 Food: Drinks take from Still#51

District G and H will have a similar setup.

TimelessBob issues a manager 30 Make Brew jobs, and it should split 10 jobs each on those Still.
This would in theory make barrels of booze and place them in each district.

The citizens drinks 4 to 5 times per season, so only required 20 booze units per year.  However, we can't control where Urist will take that booze from.
I can imagine 10 children drinking from the same District's booze pile, lol.

This is where political popularity could be paid for, I think: those candidates who wish to be considered for Mayor might also be bartenders in a drinking establishment, stocked with high quality swill.  They'd naturally make friends with all the other dwarves who partied there, but the cost of that would be that the drink stocks might diminish rapidly.  It would be a whole new take on "political parties".
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was there any beehive that spawned?  I did not recall.  I did saw an ant colony. 

Anyway, there still is a bug that it will require exactly 1 dwarf to do beehive labor, otherwise, one or all becomes stuck waiting for the beehive to be ready for collection. 

I think it would be "fair" to get RP compensated for 1 jug of honey or 1 barrel of mead for every 2 transferred hives out of a a district.  Meaning, 1st spawn cost 1 production item (honey or mead), and 2nd is to the beekeeper's profits.

There's a max of 40 hives, sounds fun!

There were about 4ish on my play through. I intend to grab a couple and expand them out into a rather large mead making facility. Since I'm farming, I thought I would involve myself in other "farming" industries, beekeeping, conversion of food to meals, etc. Not as a mainstay or anything, but as a sort of vertical expansion.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
21st Felsite, Year 202 -Combined game update-
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2016, 06:18:34 am »

The Founders send their congratulations to Mrs. Braidedtreasons, who has given birth to a healthy baby girl named "Miss Trumpetbud" today. 
I'm sure The Olive Grove District is proud  to also welcome to their district, the first native-born citizen of the City of Lights.

All Districts are busily chopping down trees and excavating their first forays into the earth, but the Founders have found themselves stretched to the limit, since none of the other Districts want to build any of their own structures, (and there is no "migrant labor" yet to help ease the workload.  I'm sure things will get better when the first migrants come drifting in from the Mountainhomes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:04:40 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
23rd of Hematite, Year 202: Combined game update
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2016, 07:03:56 am »

Please join the Founders in welcoming the first migrants to our soon to be fair and prosperous city. We have plenty of work for you!

The stone supply to The Olive Grove District has been a bit of a bottleneck since the Lemducim mining squad abandoned their plans to excavate their District in favor of helping TOG,
but the Z -1 and Z-2 excavations have helped supply the Lemducim masons with obsidian boulders at last and soon the first walls will be laid.

Unnamed District R is a favorite meeting spot for those few times that citizens have the time to take a rest.  The calm loamy dimness is a cool respite from work under the hot sun, and there is anticipation in the air as the District R stills and kitchen begin to prepare their brews and meals.

The heavy lumbering at Lakecastle District is about complete, allowing the miners to begin excavating that District as well.  In the mean time, the walls and floors of a building seems to be sprouting up in one corner - maybe it will soon offer a challenge to District R's delights...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:51:42 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd of Hematite, year 202: Combined game update
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2016, 09:48:03 am »

Unnamed District R is a favorite meeting spot for those few times that citizens have the time to take a rest.  The calm loamy dimness is a cool respite from work under the hot sun, and there is anticipation in the air as the District R stills and kitchen begin to prepare their brews and meals.

*mutters* Free-loaders

Glad to see everythings in the city is coming along nicely.  :)

Edit: If a district makes a tavern and has people petition for citizenship is it up to that district, the Founders district, or a council of districts? Also, will they be considered as migrants or district citizens?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:06:50 am by Urdothor »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Person who's tavern it is, I think
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You take tavern guests, you feed them.

Question, Mr Braidedtreason made that artifact bow; does he need arrows as opposed to bolts to use it for hunting / archery training?

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Though I beleive were at war with the elves, and the humans may never show.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Though I believe were at war with the elves, and the humans may never show.

I suppose the arrows you need may have to be harvested from Elven invaders, their grown-wood arrows being turned against their creators.
Oh what twisted treachery! 
Oh, what Braided Treason...

It'll be interesting to see who survives the probable were-creature attack, seeing as we don't have a militia yet, other than our Militia Commander, Mr. Ast, who is more title than warrior.
I wouldn't mind seeing Mr and Mrs Braidedtreason, (and their newly born son when he grows up), becoming a stalwart family of Farmer-gaurdians, taking up either bow or hoe with equal skill as the situation demands.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:01:52 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The possiblity of the were-attack was the reason I set up a barracks and set the males in my district: Mr Ast and Mr Zasit. 

I was not sure how to obtain Bow ammo, so I left Mr BraidedTreason doing farmwork instead of training for now.
If it's too much trouble, can probably make a weapontrap furniture with the artifact bow as some sort of display furniture; and the practice with a crossbow instead.

Hunting for meat and bone bolts would be a means to sustain training ammo needs; but let's see what we can get from the caravan first.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd of Hematite, year 202: Combined game update
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

If a district makes a tavern and has people petition for citizenship is it up to that district, the Founders district, or a council of districts? Also, will they be considered as migrants or district citizens?

After weighing the pros and cons, I'm going to say that the District who has the highest ranking Noble as a member will get to approve citizenship requests, and if granted, the new citizen will become a member of any District willing to pay the "application fee", or become a "free range" migrant if no District wants them.

This is how I see this happening:
1. Visitor applies for citizenship at some Inn
2. Game update file posted to the forum along with an announcement of the application
3. Player whose District was applied in takes a look at the applicant in the updated save game (while anyone who wishes to does also by uploading the save file.)
4. Player decides whether or not to sell that application to the District containing the next higher Noble than is in their District (Mayor->Baron->Count->Duke->ect...)
5. Player attempts to sell the application to the Player with the next higher Noble.
6. If sale is accepted, but that Noble is not the highest one in the City, the cycle repeats from step 4.  However, if the person who bought the application is the highest ranking Noble in the City, then they decide whether to grant the request or not.
7. The Player who granted citizenship then can decide to auction off the membership of the new citizen to other Districts in order to attempt to recoup their investment, or they can decide to just eat the price and have the new citizen become a member of their District instead.
8. If offered for auction, the price of the new citizen's "application fee" must be met or exceeded.  Otherwise, the citizen is deemed not worth their fee, and they become "free range" instead.  (Making the granting of the request a bit of a gamble.)   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:50:55 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The possiblity of the were-attack was the reason I set up a barracks and set the males in my district: Mr Ast and Mr Zasit. 

I was not sure how to obtain Bow ammo, so I left Mr BraidedTreason doing farmwork instead of training for now.
If it's too much trouble, can probably make a weapontrap furniture with the artifact bow as some sort of display furniture; and the practice with a crossbow instead.

Hunting for meat and bone bolts would be a means to sustain training ammo needs; but let's see what we can get from the caravan first.

The barracks aren't built yet, but once they are, I'll set up Mr Ast and Mr. Zasit to training in them on the schedule from your blueprint.  Is the squad name the same as you want them to be in the Combined Game, or will you want to be changing it to something else when the squad is set up?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering were going the wood route, can Mrs. Iton make obsidian mugs in her down time.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24