Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 34805 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:31 am »

@ Sanctume, if your down for it, you could designate a basement level in the obsidian to be dug out, and I could base myself there for the turn. We could ignore my district for the turn, and in return my dwarves could work and hunker down in your district. This would make it alot easier to secure our dwarves this first year.

Creating 5 settlements with 2 picks is just a little too ridiculous in one year.

You're welcome to claim the 4 2x3 bedrooms I designated on the 2nd floor, assuming those first 8 bedrooms are constructed by winter.

Can you make some obsidian swords too?  That will be better than training spear/axe/swords

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus -Blueprint phase-
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2016, 12:51:16 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11744
That's my turn.
I gave all my dwarves all the same skills.
~All the Hauling
~All the Wood Using/Crafting skills(carpentry, wood cutting, etc)
~All the Farming skills
~Brewing and Food Skills
~All skills related to the creation and acquirement of plant foods

First thing is to let Shofet carve out the hallway and the first room, and create a stock pile there.
Begin gathering plants on low priority
Carve out the next room, and craft training axes from the wood of the first tree the founders cut down.
Begin chopping down trees starting from the north.
Channel down and create the first farm plot, and build a wood ceiling over it.
Carve out the last 2 rooms, 1 as a stockpile, one as a meeting area.
Build the wall around the entrance
Build a kitchen and a still
Craft barrels from the wood
Start producing meals and alcohol
Plant seeds of passion fruit vine, rice, and fisher berry in the farm.

Edit: I didn't do quite as much as the others did, but I haven't had as much time this week. I only went through into fall. I didn't end up needing anything else yet though, so, this should work, mostly.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:53:07 am by Urdothor »

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus -Blueprint phase-
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2016, 01:20:36 am »

My main concern is my dwarves safety. I played through 3 times, and twice a were showed up. My save had like 4 dead, but none of them were mine, except for uzol the weaponsmith, who mooded and went insane.

So since none of it screwed with the blueprint, i chugged along. Not really feeling like risking it. Besides, I have 4 adults who all have too much work to build a secure place for themselves this year.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2016, 01:22:43 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11744
That's my turn.
I gave all my dwarves all the same skills.
~All the Hauling
~All the Wood Using/Crafting skills(carpentry, wood cutting, etc)
~All the Farming skills
~Brewing and Food Skills
~All skills related to the creation and acquirement of plant foods

First thing is to let Shofet carve out the hallway and the first room, and create a stock pile there.
Begin gathering plants on low priority
Carve out the next room, and craft training axes from the wood of the first tree the founders cut down.
Begin chopping down trees starting from the north.
Channel down and create the first farm plot, and build a wood ceiling over it.
Carve out the last 2 rooms, 1 as a stockpile, one as a meeting area.
Build the wall around the entrance
Build a kitchen and a still
Craft barrels from the wood
Start producing meals and alcohol
Plant seeds of passion fruit vine, rice, and fisher berry in the farm.

Edit: I didn't do quite as much as the others did, but I haven't had as much time this week. I only went through into fall. I didn't end up needing anything else yet though, so, this should work, mostly.

Bravo!  Ok, so now I'll be looking over each save and writing down a master-list of the jobs that need to be done, including their various stated priorities.
I'll also be keeping running lists of the resources sourced from and consumed by each District as I play through the Combined Game using that master list of jobs. As I play through it, I'll post updates and maybe even Armok-vision shots of each new development until we reach a stopping place (were-creature attack, merchants, special mood, ect...), where I'll then post the updated game file and the various Districts will be able to decide how to respond.

Did we ever choose who got to be nicknamed "Mr Beard" and "Eva"?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:26:10 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:04 am »

Mrs Lorbam was going to be Eva, and Mr. Beard was moved into another district, District H I believe? The military district.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2016, 03:51:40 am »

Tenable all wood and crafts and farm on the yellow guy, mining stone working and metalworkingand mechanic on the grey one. Then enable fishing farming on everyone rslse. Everyone has healthcare.

Please make sure the inn and library have the same names.

Mining : Mine out the basements and the stairs down to the forge room first. Then dig everything else. Don't dig the big open pit.

Trade: I traded 4 zinc bars and a spiked wood ball for a bronze bar and copper axe. Then I made a bronze pick. I ordered lots of sand bags too.

Make 3 zinc crafts for the anvil payment.

Also, make every instrument that can be zinc, bone or wood. Also makes cups. The masons is linked to an obsidian only stockpile

There's a dormitory in the inn basement. The kitchen makes easy meals every now and again. The farm plot is see to rope reed and ratweed. There is a millstone that makes slurry, which are pressed into sheets. Is there anything else needed for books?

Also, please extend the stairs to cavern layer. But seal it off immediately.

Mind the lava pit.

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2016, 08:41:27 am »

The ore of zinc, sphalerite, is magma proof. I'm going to be spamming sphalerite mechanisms. Considering my supply of obsidian is limited.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

@ Sanctume, if your down for it, you could designate a basement level in the obsidian to be dug out, and I could base myself there for the turn. We could ignore my district for the turn, and in return my dwarves could work and hunker down in your district. This would make it alot easier to secure our dwarves this first year.

Creating 5 settlements with 2 picks is just a little too ridiculous in one year.

You're welcome to claim the 4 2x3 bedrooms I designated on the 2nd floor, assuming those first 8 bedrooms are constructed by winter.

Can you make some obsidian swords too?  That will be better than training spear/axe/swords

So, is this the current agreement?  Am I disregarding the Lemducim blueprint for this year?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »

Is there anything else needed for books?

You need either book bindings or scroll rollers made from most any substance and then thread for books only.

Well crap, now I'm having a hard time finding a gimmick for my district since there's already a library in place. Eh, whatever.

Current idea is having a hospital adjoining the library and have my scholars teach students which end of a scalpel is the sharp one and writing medical texts about which organs dwarves don't actually need[All the liver does, for example, is store the soul, and it can get nasty when the soul gets infected and you have to operate]. I don't THINK we have a major medical focused district yet, or even really a hospital set up.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2016, 09:56:10 pm »

Is there anything else needed for books?

You need either book bindings or scroll rollers made from most any substance and then thread for books only.

Well crap, now I'm having a hard time finding a gimmick for my district since there's already a library in place. Eh, whatever.

Current idea is having a hospital adjoining the library and have my scholars teach students which end of a scalpel is the sharp one and writing medical texts about which organs dwarves don't actually need[All the liver does, for example, is store the soul, and it can get nasty when the soul gets infected and you have to operate]. I don't THINK we have a major medical focused district yet, or even really a hospital set up.

Nope, no hospital yet.  A teaching hospital is a wonderful idea!  I might suggest that there be cells for captured specimens of were-creature too.  (Research potential to finding the cure for lycanthropy.)  Having more than one library in a City isn't necessarily a bad thing - one could be a legal library, the other a private one for medical staff only...  All sorts of fun.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »

So, is this the current agreement?  Am I disregarding the Lemducim blueprint for this year?

It seems so, since there is a shortage of picks, until we get more from the caravan.

Can Shofet's masons work on the stones in the Founder's District? you have plenty there. :)

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes ignore Lemducim this turn.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:55:39 am by Shofet »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Who owns a finished good?
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:30 am »

With Lemducim excavating other District's minerals this turn, but offering for Mr Feb's bid to become City Manager to buy votes with stone mechanisms, an interesting economic issue has presented itself:  Who owns a finished good?  Is it the District who provides the raw material without explicitly charging for it, or is it the District that produces the item out of that raw material?

I'm leaning toward this: Unless a District specifically sells the raw material out of their District, that it's considered part of that District's "raw wealth".  If another District volunteers to work that raw material into a finished good without attempting to transfer ownership of the raw material to their District first, then the finished good is still owned by the original owners who have just gotten work done as a philanthropic gesture from another District.  However, in the case of unwanted wealth, such as too many stones or logs, a District may offer to allow other Districts to come and take away the unwanted material "for free", and as such will lose ownership of that raw material from the moment it's carted off.

This is particularly interesting when looking at the Lemducim/Olive Grove combined turn: Whatever stone goods the Lemducim District produces during the next year, they'll still owe the Founder's District 50% the value of.  If, however, the mineral rights of the minerals from the Olive Grove District remain with them, then all the furniture and soap that the Lemducim District promised to trade for those goods would be in trade for items they already own.  If, however, Lemducim gains ownership of those finished goods through the act of converting them from raw materials, the Olive Grove District is paying both raw materials AND finished goods for the Lemducim finished goods. (With Lemducim supplying only the labor and time needed to convert the raw resources into finished goods.  Is this a fair trade?)

This choice will have interesting ramifications on who holds the wealth in the City: If a metalworker can gain ownership of a bar of metal simply by turning it into an item, or a jeweler gain ownership of a raw gem simply by cutting the jewel or gain ownership of a finished good simply by encrusting it with jewels, then the economic structure of The City will certainly become a different system.   Only when an item is no longer able to be improved would it become "stable wealth" (ie: not able to have its ownership unilaterally shifted).

(Incidentally, the position of City Manager is appointed by the Mayor or the Expedition Leader if no Mayor is yet elected. The Expedition Leader, Miss Light Earthenfrost, has no problem with Mr Feb stepping down as Chief Medical Dwarf and replacing Miss Light Dreamstorches, so long as Mr Light Justicepaper replaces Mr Feb as CMD. However, she will listen to the advice of the City Council in case they have other ideas.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:22:31 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking about this myself. I think the raw resources of a district are that districts resources, even after being processed, unless an agreement is reached. So here is a new, sweeping proposal.

Considering I am now not digging in my disctrict this year, I would propose that whatever stone products Olivegrove need be mined and crafted by my dwarves, from Olivegrove district. I also offer all my lumber to Olivegrove, in return for room, board, and any non obsidian stone mine out this turn in Olivegrove.

I would also like to request everyone I dig for pledge as few stones in turn, so the dwarves of Lemducim may generate some wealth for themsleves this year. That should pay for the picks as well as leave something over for next year.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would also like to request everyone I dig for pledge as few stones in turn, so the dwarves of Lemducim may generate some wealth for themsleves this year. That should pay for the picks as well as leave something over for next year.
District R (I should name it eventually), will not be digging into stone this year, but I will pledge food and alcohol for when you start up.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24