Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 34819 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2016, 05:11:18 pm »

This is why, as the updated turns are cranked out, you have the option of updating the blueprint plans, or you can also just go with what you planned out originally, no matter how long it takes.  I'm sure you'll get a feel for how fast the compiled game runs in relation to your blueprint games, so that you will be able to guesstimate how long a given project might take in "Real" years.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 05:18:27 pm »

I would like to cancel my looking for metal bar offer, as i have pickaxe services.

edit: I think, if the founders build stuff, stuff can commence swiftly.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:33:00 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »

Alright I'm going to come up with a detailed plan, at least for production.

I think digging priority should go Gwolfski, myself, and then Sanctume, considering how crippled our industries will be until we strike the earth. We should go ahead and plan on breaking up year one into at least two blueprints.

I will post my first blue print shortly.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2016, 01:06:26 am »

I would like to build above ground, but I rather not use logs now, then deconstruct later and use obsidian blocks.

I am guesstimating where Shofet will dig for his stone quarry and set mason shops there.
I think I did 2 miners + 3 mason/mechs.

My Mr Doren Netwebbed (Kiborshar) has Noble: Militia Commander now with 0 weapon/discipline, hehe.  I think he is resigning that position.

It's going to get weird trying to plan / build the layout design, and building temp facilities for basic beds, dine, food/cook and drink/brew--not just my district, but all other citizens.

Are we ok on Quantum Stockpiles?  I'm thinking of a feeder wood pile outside, then up a ramp into a roofed building, with a wood minecart to dump down inside my building 1-tile wood pile.

Good news, we have Kenaf plants which is both oil producing according to the wiki, and above ground cloth plant for either cloth or slurry/paper/sheet.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2016, 01:11:25 am »

I would like to build above ground, but I rather not use logs now, then deconstruct later and use obsidian blocks.

I am guesstimating where Shofet will dig for his stone quarry and set mason shops there.
I think I did 2 miners + 3 mason/mechs.

My Mr Doren Netwebbed (Kiborshar) has Noble: Militia Commander now with 0 weapon/discipline, hehe.  I think he is resigning that position.

It's going to get weird trying to plan / build the layout design, and building temp facilities for basic beds, dine, food/cook and drink/brew--not just my district, but all other citizens.

Are we ok on Quantum Stockpiles?  I'm thinking of a feeder wood pile outside, then up a ramp into a roofed building, with a wood minecart to dump down inside my building 1-tile wood pile.

Good news, we have Kenaf plants which is both oil producing according to the wiki, and above ground cloth plant for either cloth or slurry/paper/sheet.

I like your quantum stockpile buildings idea.  Call them "resource silos" maybe.

However, I should point out that unless 2 or more Players decide to submit a "joint plan", that I'm just going to use the jobs/buildings/excavations that happened in their District for my compilation game.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:13:04 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2016, 02:49:13 am »

I'm having difficulty getting the dwarves to do anything. I assigned mrs iton and mrs braidtreason to the light district so they could pick up equipment, and to the districts i wanted them to work in, but they just picked up their equipment. No mining done in Lakecastle or trees felled.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: alright now there going, that was weird. It said they didn't have jobs.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:07:59 am by Shofet »

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2016, 03:16:02 am »

We may need to forgo burrows for awhile. Mrs. Doren can't seek her baby, who has wandered off and is now slowly dieing from thirst.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2016, 04:07:58 am »

The burrows will only use resources in the same burrow as the workshop, otherwise there's the "job cancelled" message.  I think that we may have to forgo burrows as well, since baby Doren shouldn't get so lost.

burrows are defined using "w".  Go ahead and delete them all in your blueprint games.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2016, 10:00:11 am »

Some tips or notes as I played some last night.

1. I'm getting confused looking for my citizens because their nicknames are the similar.
And what is listed in the roster is the English version, but Dwarf Therapist list it with the Dwarvish names. 
So I end up making a squad and adding my citizens there (except kids), then use DT to sort by Squad.

2. I may be doing too much micro-managing, but I wanted to see how much wood I will have after I cut some initial trees.
So I forbid all stones and wood in District P until I have 0 items when I b-C-w.

3. It would be nice to say, I am only using Olive Wood for my wood silo building, but this may be too micro-intensive for TimelessBob because it's a hassle to select chopping olive trees outside my gather zone, then wait for the log to be finished, then start building. 

What do you think TimelessBob?  Would it be too micro-intensive for blue design to say use xxx wood for walls, xxx for floors, etc as far as logs go?

4. It's a rougher start for the empty district that is focused on building their initial basic needs: dig or construct bedrooms, dining; and food and drink sources.  But this issue will be gone (as discussed in the previous posts) without the current burrows so hungry/thirsty citizens will just take from District P.

--

@Shofet - Can I request an obsidian stone only pile feeding 1 or 2 mason shops that makes blocks on repeat?  So that I will just wait for the obsidian stone blocks to build my walls.  I think that even if the mason shops get cluttered, it will be better than dedicating block stockpiles. You can probably just make new mason shops, and put 10 suspended make blocks on the very cluttered shops.

@Gwolfski - I'm in District F, west to yours.  Can you zone your lakes as water source?  I may need to bucket brigade a few tiles on my surface so I can lay down unbroken-tiled farm plots.  Please include a water source zone in your blue print.

Who else are playing that I'm not familiar with?

Sanctume District F looks like will have the following resources, talk to me:
1. Carpenter & Wood Cutter & Wood Hauler -- so will gladly help cut and haul wood logs out of your district. 

2. Depending on how fast construction is, I may have (9 2x2) of (6 3x3) bedrooms set as "unassigned" that can function as public dorm in the first year until the walls are completed.

3. I have olive trees, so when I get my screw press in place, I'll have access to olive oil, and eventually olive soap.  I think there will be a byproduct of Olive Paste which is a solid food ingredient for cooking.  If someone is doing the kitchen, I'd gladly trade these.

4. It also looks like there is Kenaf plant which will be a boon for oil, cloth, and paper.  I suppose I can have a dedicated my miller and presser to make sheets for the Library.

5. As much as I want to dabble with Brewing, I may not have room to worry about storage beyond my needs.  Let me know if someone is pursuing the Booze.
Although I thought about making a smallish tavern, it's low priority in my wants / needs at the moment.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2016, 11:25:59 am »

I played last night but was frustrated with the burrows. I'm going to give it another go without them, from the beginning.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:11 am »

I played last night but was frustrated with the burrows. I'm going to give it another go without them, from the beginning.

Yep, same here.  I'm driven insane to the point of not committing to laying down logs for my initial walls; or if I should wait for obsidian blocks made from Shofet's District. 

But I have to remember this is only a blue print.  So maybe I should not worry about the actual materials and just build this building layout with any available mats.  And then in my "blue print" specify that I want obsidian blocks used exclusively. 

And the same for digging.  I can't quite get settled in without a temp dwelling for that initial dig.

Maybe the goal for this (phase 1) first 3 seasons (until caravan) is to just design where my digs, and constructed floors and walls, workshops, furnitures, and stockpiles.

And I'll just assume food and drink are available, and the mining will be done, and the materials will be available. 

Any more details beyond this, will depend on the next "real" save after we turn in out initial design. 

I also should stop worrying how TimelessBob will bucket brigade that 1 or 2 obsidian tile on the surface that I need to muddy.  My game may just show a 3x5 with missing farm tiles due to stone floor / bouder, but my blue print will indicate it should be a whole 3x5 farm plot.  Makes sense?

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »

Im probably going to bite the bullet and resort to the tried and true 'wooden shack' approach. I want to dig a quarry pit and put a obsidian ceiling over it, but i think that will just have to wait.

Is there anyway the Light district would let me have access to both picks for this year, if my miners dig for them as well?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:16:53 pm by Shofet »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2016, 12:47:43 pm »

Im probably going to bite the bullet and resort to the tried and true 'wooden shack' approach. I want to dig a quarry pit and put a obsidian ceiling over it, but i think that will just have to wait.

Is there anyway the Light district would let me have access to both picks for this year, if my miners dig for them as well?

I can get ya two picks, for the reasonable price of a favor later on!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2016, 12:56:38 pm »

Btw, who gets to use the 2 picks this first 3 seasons?

In my game, I enabled miner on the 2 highest miner skills (Shofet's) and let them dig his initial quarry to set mason shops. 

Obviously that is biased towards my needs for blocks. 

And I understand that portion of my game (Shofet's District) is not part of my the blue print.

I am putting a priority to that because I rather not deconstruct log walls and risk collapses later when I can wait a bit for blocks.

Basically, my OCD prevents me from doing a wood shack walls initially, and rather wait for stone blocks because it seems to be fairly accessible.

Maybe, I, Shofet, and Gwolfski and others can post a screen shot of the initial diggings.

Would it be more feasable to say dig 3z of 11x11 in my District, build a mason shop there and make stone blocks out of those for my use? 

Likewise, the other players do the same--and I can mimic those digs in my save and see if those 2 miners can dig them all within the 3 seasons?

And at least give some indication on what can be completed in those 3 seasons.

I'm using 3 seasons as estimate before the caravan, in which time I have a better idea what I can use to trade for my own digging tools, etc?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »

I can get ya two picks, for the reasonable price of a favor later on!

Here's an idea for those "favors" 
I see there's plenty of aluminum.  Let's say TimelessBob plays it like a Dungeon Master, and distributes 4 starting  [500] Aluminum coins to each player.
We can then use these [500] coin stacks as "favor" in terms of trade, or do something.  I'm just thinking of hoarding these coins in my district's treasure vault. :D

But you get the idea I hope, for fun. Coins are value-less in game, but we're doing Dwarven Economy, and it will eventually place some sort of value to it. 

So Gwolfski has control of the pick(s) these year? 
Can I asked for your service to dig some basement space for me?

Looking for basement digging services
I offer 6 *quality* beds.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24