Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle  (Read 21360 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 06:04:56 pm »

"No questions. We're good to move forward on my side." So far all he could see were minor nitpicks on Maurice's leading style and an indirect account of the disaster, both of which weren't very conducive to good questioning. Milno would look into the reason of the venting hangar later. By then he was already used to that kind of weird shit, and he'd only need to determine whether it had been actively malicious.

Milno checked the list of people. "After this and if there's no one else with questions, move on to Lucricia."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:09:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »

Dr. Sanctor nodded shortly as Milno spoke, indicating that he does, indeed, have questions to ask, but remained silent, waiting patiently for his turn to speak.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

Eddie raises a hand from where he'd wedged himself against a set of conduits.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 08:02:05 pm »

Lucricia, who at the time had been flailing, attempting to get to a spot she could get a grip on, snapped to attention when Milno mentioned her name. "Oh, uhh, yeah, not much else to say, [Swordsmith] Covered most of it already, I was in team two with [Pancaek] as the leader,  when we were trying to get into a barricaded building, He got frozen by those statue looking bastards, so we got into the building, and with most of the other entrances already covered, we decided to go up, there wasn't much of note while we were doing that, but eventually we got to the top and were planning to get down when..."She waves her hand in the direction of [Swordsmith], "The weird stuff happened."
((And that, friends, is what happens when a person with an already bad memory tries to recount the events of a mission off the top of his head!))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »

Milno noticed the nodding but wasn't sure what it meant. "What is it, Maurice?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2016, 12:12:50 am »

I do have a couple questions to Hasala, to rectify the matter of one small impression, but I believe you meant it's Miyamoto's turn to ask questions for now.

He pulled at his pipe, waiting.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2016, 12:57:33 am »

"No, go ahead."

((Not a lot of time right now, so go ahead nik. Also, kudos sword for writing that all down. That's basically the mission synopsis already.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:39 am »

Thank you. Then I have two questions, if I may. A small matter of personal integrity.

Hasala, when you were detached from Team I, investigating the building from a different entry point, did I leave you alone? And right before the relocation of the rest of Team I to a different building, after you were trapped, did I ask you something?

Other than that, I have no objections to proceeding to the next witness. ...But I see Eddie has a question as well, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:13:45 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2016, 06:46:36 am »

"Go ahead Eddie, what's on your mind?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2016, 12:27:28 pm »

"Go ahead Eddie, what's on your mind?"

"I, uh, was about to take issue with what Hasala said, sir, but then I realised I had him mixed up with Morul, sir. No objection."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2016, 12:54:22 pm »

"I guess Hasala can answer Maurice's questions now. After that, it's Eddie's time to give his report. No need to repeat yourselves too much. Maurice should be the last to give his full report. Anyone who was with him at the time of the disaster should be among the last, just before him." Milno said, checking the list of people on his datapad.

To Steve/pw.
Quote from: Milno to Steve
And it'd be good if you could tell me if anyone lies through their teeth.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:46:40 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2016, 01:00:41 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
After a few moments, Milno changed idea. "Eddie, go first. Hasala can answer the questions after this."
>Yes?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »

Eddie clears his throat noisily a few times, and unhooks himself from the corner he wedged himself into.

"My report is a little less detailed than Hasala's sir, since I've never had a photographic memory, but I will do my best to explain the mission as I experienced it.

We approached the anomaly, and halted at the entrance to the sphere. Several team members performed what I am informed is the usual science method for weird stuff, namely throwing bits of metal into it and waving sticks through the edge. That's not a euphemism for a device I don't understand, incidentally. They were just sticks and screws.
After determining that nothing horrible happened to objects entering, we entered as a group, although this seemed to be an oversight in the sense of "no longer considering the spherical anomaly a threat and wishing to proceed further", rather than a conscious test or decision. At this point, we discovered that we were unable to leave the anomaly from the inside, and were trapped without QEC comms with Steve.
Further attempts were made to penetrate the dome, and I dug a small trench to confirm the sphere extended below the surface. I considered high-explosive use to attempt to breach, but the commanding officers decided to move further in.
There, we encountered a group of frozen-in-place entities which looked like civilian workers, who ignored all communications. A 20 foot "safety zone" was established around all such people, and we split into two teams in order to cover more area inside the University.
It shortly became apparent that the entities were not in fact, frozen in place, and I pointed out that their movement seemed to be directly based on line-of-sight. Where we could clearly see them, they stayed in place.

My team encountered a barricaded building, and I believe that is the point where Hasala left us? I was not on a level of recognition in the group beyond Team Leader Pancaek, so wasn't very certain. We attemped to demolish the barricade, made of furniture, by hand, discovering it to be more extensive than we previously thought, and were surprised and ringed in from behind by the line-of-sight creatures, which Hasala calls Puppets. The puppets were positioned at the entrance in such a way that it was impossible to exit the building, even vertically from the door, without coming cloner than 10 or 15 feet - or, well within the exclusion zone set up.
Team Leader Panceak decided that the best way for him to escape the area was to ignore the safety perimeter established and attempt to fly out of the door. He entered some kind of "area of effect" around the puppets, within the 20ft exclusion zone, and was frozen in place. Luckily, this did not extend the exclusion zone all the way back to the rest of the group.
Since Team Leader was unresponsive, we demolished the building from the inside until we could get to the roof.

From there, we observed the events Hasala described including the strange figures. When the entity claimed to be Morul's attack smashed a hole in the dome, we descended the building and, to be informal, ran like stink for the escape route. After clearing the dome, which we did without any difficulty, we continued to run at an angle, spurred by radio reports that Maurice was activating a nuclear device and that Steve would be kinetic-kill-vehicle-ing the site, at an angle to the hole so as not to be smashed.
Flying teammates subsequently escaped and picked up the groundbound guys, including me, and evacuated to a safe distance. There, we smashed our way into a ship, and took off. I am not sure whether we destroyed all origin tech other than the ship before hitting an ominous black cloud which was covering the whole sky. Either way, we escaped the planet.

That's all I have to report, sirs."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 03:40:00 pm »

"Unless Maurice has questions, then the rest can give their short reports as well. Han, Konrad or Pancaek, next." Milno said.
>Yes?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:22 pm »

"I would like to speak next if it pleases you Sir."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14