Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle  (Read 21317 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »

As he flew into the hangar, Maurice took a place somewhere in front of both Generals, flipped the visor up and sadly smiled as he filled and lit his smoking pipe, then drew a deep breath, waiting for other mission team members to assemble. Attempting something resembling standing at attention, he straightened up and began to speak.

Well, where should I start?..

In the course of the Mission 21, the alien extrauniversal entity known as the Lurker in the Angles was discovered, and attempted to possess me with overwhelming strength; it was not an immediate event, but a process that took... well, I can't say how long it took, without external senses during the event, but long enough for Morul Migrurkeshin to somehow intercept and interfere with that process, becoming the subject of its attention in return. As a result, he was possessed, and the entity proceeded to ascend, somehow. We have tried to stop it and to destroy the host's body, with limited success; trooper Bartolomew Markov was killed in action, the bomb we were issued gone with him. We retreated, and, having contacted Steve, proceeded to remove and destroy all Origin-linked equipment in our possession, then took a local ship to escape the planet. As we entered the atmosphere, I gave the order to sterilize the planet and destroy all Origin-linked equipment on it. It should be added that Morul himself was in possession of some Origin-linked equipment and possibly-extrauniversal-linked artifacts, as I have brought up to Steve before the communications were cut.

It is uncertain how the Lurker was initially brought through; it is possible that he was waiting for a possible opening or a host to appear. Though there might have been some transgressions, we did nothing, I repeat, nothing against the basic Competence regulations of yours, General Milno, that could have conceivably led to the Lurker's invasion. As of me, immediately prior to the possession attempt I was investigating the geometic center of the anomaly via the Mad Hatter auxilliary tool, as had been done regularly throughout the whole mission. Perhaps that was the opening it needed.

As the mission commander, I take full responsibility for the results of this mission. He tilted his head a little, and looked into the distance. My personal responsibility is that I have let Morul take my place, for I am certain that I stood a chance at containing this entity, even if he didn't. He smiled bitterly and looked down. I came to my senses when it was already too late.

With no smile and a very, very tired look Maurice raised his eyes to meet those of his old hero, later friend, then shifted gaze to meet the unblinking blackness of the Avatar's cam-eyes. Then spoke into the air.

Steve, does the footage in my helmet confirm my statements? I trust it has already been uploaded and processed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:56 pm »

"I do not recall either of us asking you to give us your opnion on anything yet, Maurice. This is a courtroom, not a henhouse.

Milno, unless you already have something to add in responce to this little infodump, I'd like for us to start from the beginning.

Hasala, could you, in your own words, describe the initial part of the mission? Starting from when you arrived on the planet. You can take your time to explain if you wish, we are not in a hurry."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 04:43:10 pm »

Maurice looked down on the giant Avatar, as far as a tiny man can look down on a giant death machine.

You want it this way, Miyamoto? As you wish.
I believed this was a matter between me, Mission 21 and Sir Milno, inofficial and initiated by him on a certain specific reason, but I might have been mistaken.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »

"Jaws wants a trial for what happened during M21.-" Milno said, pointing a thumb at Miyamoto. "And it doesn't seem that bad of an idea." He was even less happy then, what with Maurice's quasi-confession of "I didn't do nothing" mixed with "I take responsibility" and "I could contain the entity". As far as he had been informed the thing they had released was basically a godly being, so saying he could've contained it...

And Maurice's sad, coy demeanor wasn't winning him, possibly because he had been in a bad mood to start with.
Quote from: Milno to Steve
I'll need the mission's video feeds too.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

((PTW as well for inevitable fuckery))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 05:46:40 pm »

((PTW as well for inevitable fuckery))
((PTW want to see the inevitable deaths))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »

"Sorry Christopher, but anyone who wasn't called up specifically is asked to leave the hangar for now. We don't need any more people in here than strictly necessary. If you need anything done, I'll see if I can help you after this is over.

Steve, once everybody is here, close the hangar doors please.

The rest of you, find a spot so you won't float about constantly, so we can get started."

((F that bullshit))
I silently enter the hanger with my fur cloaking my presence and watch the fate of my first friend on the Sword.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:23 pm »

Oh, and I forgot to say but for this trial, Renen will be in the hangar as well, invited by Milno just in case.

Renen follows Milno invitation and enters the hangar. Keeps watching quietly, claws on the ground, as everything is said.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 06:30:41 pm »

"Hasala, could you, in your own words, describe the initial part of the mission? Starting from when you arrived on the planet. You can take your time to explain if you wish, we are not in a hurry."

"Sir. The shuttle touched down on the road a few hundred meters from the edge of the anomaly; even at that distance, it was affecting our perception. We had difficulty looking in that direction for any length of time. At Dr. Sanctor's command, the team proceeded in single file toward the edge of the anomaly, with Morul in the lead. As we came closer to the edge, the perception effects became stronger. Without Mad Hatter, the road seemed to end abruptly at the edge, but with the program active the road and campus were visible, though not at any distance due to the distortion.

We did a bit of minor testing with the nuts and bolts given to us, and I ascertained that CamEyes were as susceptible as normal human vision, but after no immediate reaction Dr. Sanctor ordered us into the anomaly itself. We had no difficulty passing through the edge, and on the other side the campus was visible without Mad Hatter's distortion, but we quickly found that the edge of the anomaly was a solid barrier from our side. It looked like a mirrored dome. One of our teammates fired their weapon at it to no effect on their own initiative; Ulrich, I think.

From the edge, the campus appeared normal, though we could see a crude banner hanging from one of the buildings and facing the rest of the campus, rather than the road, plus a large congregation of people in a courtyard from where we were standing. They looked like regular college students and faculty, though with no winter gear or layer of snow despite the weather conditions. There were a few individuals, roughly 3 meters from the edge of the group, who looked like they may have been one of the missing civilian investigating teams; they wore winter gear, at least. None of the people looked injured or frozen, though body temperatures were only a few degrees above freezing. The snow around their feet was undisturbed. I suggested and received permission to move around the edge of the anomaly to get a better look at the banner, and it read 'stay away'.

That's roughly 'the beginning', I think. Should I continue?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 06:35:00 pm »

"Sorry Christopher, but anyone who wasn't called up specifically is asked to leave the hangar for now. We don't need any more people in here than strictly necessary. If you need anything done, I'll see if I can help you after this is over.

The rest of you, find a spot so you won't float about constantly, so we can get started."

((F that bullshit))
I silently enter the hanger with my fur cloaking my presence and watch the fate of my first friend on the Sword.
I'm pretty sure you're still frozen and dead unless someone took you to the infirmary to thaw you out. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 06:36:54 pm »

((F that bullshit))
I'm pretty sure you're still frozen and dead unless someone took you to the infirmary to thaw you out.
Dubley did.
EDIT: fixed the name, original said Dudley instead of Dubley.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:53:08 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »

Or this Dudley?

Responding to the future:
I know, I'm just being a jerk =P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:58:33 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 06:56:30 pm »

NAV's character, Dubley.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »

Lucricia floats in, still evidently unused to the low gravity condition, holding a curled up metal ball, and bumps into a few walls before she finally hunkers down.
"Hey guys, sorry for being late, I was a bit busy when something flash froze my goddamn arm off."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:50:45 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14