Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Creature you hate most  (Read 9583 times)

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Creature you hate most
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »

Im alive again after a 4 year break!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 02:32:11 pm »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 04:07:52 pm »

Probably a tie between keas and troglodytes, with buzzards in a close third.

There is really no need to feel "vengeful" because a buzzard flew over your head.
yeah buzzards are worse than keas. I honestly can't bothered if a kea picks up a bone bolt from the top of a tree and 'steals' it. Buzzards scare all the pasture animals and all the dwarfs topside. Keas are just target practice. And quite amusing when a kea loses a wing and falls 8 z-levels because Urist who's held a crossbow for the first time has a lucky shot.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Lightfoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2016, 09:57:22 am »

Probably a tie between keas and troglodytes, with buzzards in a close third.

There is really no need to feel "vengeful" because a buzzard flew over your head.
yeah buzzards are worse than keas. I honestly can't bothered if a kea picks up a bone bolt from the top of a tree and 'steals' it. Buzzards scare all the pasture animals and all the dwarfs topside. Keas are just target practice. And quite amusing when a kea loses a wing and falls 8 z-levels because Urist who's held a crossbow for the first time has a lucky shot.
There's an extra special treat for you both in the latest version. Lots of new giant animals and animal people were added recently. So if you embark on a savage biome you might now experience the joys of both buzzard man and giant buzzard. Yay!

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 11:02:57 am »

The creature I detest most...  Yaks.

Greatly voracious grazers they are, and I had an evil fort fall to a skeletal variant in record time (for me).

Other candidates include Troglodytes ("Where's my dang magma pit when I need it?"), Keas ("Get back here with my goods, ya no good winged wretches!"), and Water buffalo (See Yaks, exclude the death of a fort part).

Being true, I think my hatred of creatures is weird.

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 04:19:16 am »

I can't believe nobody has said marksdwarves yet.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 04:40:36 am »

Rhesus monkeys.  Like jeas, but with a vicious attack.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 04:43:33 am »

Dwarven caravan traders. Buzzards being a close second, and keas a third, ex aequo with elf diplomats.

I used to hate kobolds, but now that they are so rare they barely steal anything from my forts.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 05:36:25 am »

GCS when they spawn in a tunnel/stair system still under construction.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:50 am »

Rhesus monkeys.  Like jeas, but with a vicious attack.

Personally I love monkey infestations because they come in packs, are disgustingly audacious and are perfect to fill up your leather stocks.

I love savage biomes as a whole because there's always something for the military to slaughter. Except those were-beasts, screw those bastards.

Artichaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 12:55:59 pm »

In number one, those weremammouths who love my forts, my architecture, my dogs and my dwarfs. My dwarfs don't like them, but these beats are kind of desesperate lovers. They come again and again ...

Then the fire imps, and finally the buzzards.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:50 pm »

Keas. And as I've said many times, those things are probably the only DF creature that's worse in real life than in game.

I read stories about keas stealing the kidneys of living sheep and cows and I have seen a video of a flock of keas dismantling a motorcycle.
Keas are the russian mafia of the animal kingdom.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 11:35:21 am »

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love Keas, even the giant ones. I like making traps consisting of a single barrel of booze surrounded by layers of cage traps and turning them into pets and egg producers.

Now uncivilized animal people? I absolutely hate those. They're completely worthless and take up space that other more useful wandering creatures could be occupying.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love Keas, even the giant ones. I like making traps consisting of a single barrel of booze surrounded by layers of cage traps and turning them into pets and egg producers.

Now uncivilized animal people? I absolutely hate those. They're completely worthless and take up space that other more useful wandering creatures could be occupying.

If you can get animal people breeding in captivity you can murder their offspring via various automated processes in front of your general populace. This will produce some unhappy thoughts in the short term but give them "doesn't care about anything anymore" in the long term. So I rate animal people as pretty useful, particularly for dwarven childcare endeavours... although troglodytes are probably better suited to the purpose.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

tranquilium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2016, 08:05:39 am »

inb4 keas
agreed, they are just kobolds with wings

Kobolds, with wings, that arrive in hordes, that "visit" you 10 times a season, every season.  The more intelligent among them have even learned how to become necromancers...

So yeah, i LOVE Keas!

There goes my plan to sleep tonight. I hope you are happy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5