Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Creature you hate most  (Read 9593 times)

Jefthefirst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature you hate most
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 12:54:23 am »

As many people have said, Keas. Constant construction order suspensions when building on the surface combined with their penchant for stealing; and the fact that they can be a pain to kill since they fly. They're certainly the most superficially annoying creature.

In the caverns i'd have to say Crundles because they tend to clog my traps when I want Elk Birds goddamnit. Any building destroyer can be a pain but Cave Crocs in particular because they swim and have a nasty attitude compared to Giant Olms.
I just atom smashed 30 children.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 04:18:24 am »

I ... am getting much better. Still, Keas are annoying, though I find them a bit less problematic than the monkeys (rhesus macaques etc).
Hate: The animal people version of the thieving creatures. The steal and cause unhappiness (Urist saw a Giant Kea Man die...)
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 08:15:42 am »

Dwarf :P No single creature was a cause of death in my fortress than dwarf itself.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 08:51:19 am »

Dwarf :P No single creature was a cause of death in my fortress than dwarf itself.
Can you really bring yourself to hate the little blighters, though?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 09:14:05 am »

Cave spiders, the vermin. For covering every last patch of open cavern and dug out space at cavern depth in 10s of thousands of webs that hurt FPS
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:04 am »

inb4 keas
i use a machine that uses magma in a sheet to make a door to protect some of my forts from keas... all my forts with these fell to keas anyways... so yea, i hate keas too

BNDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 12:11:02 pm »

Keas swiping my artifacts.

Kobolds sapping my everything pilfering my supplies.

Worst thing about keas is, they are everywhere, almost. Unlike monkees and raccoons, who are only in certain Biomes, Keas seem to be everywhere. Well, except the mountaintop of a volcano. Or are they?  ???

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »

In my newest fort I'm starting to hate crundles.

Not because they are difficult, but because there are so many of them.  I've caught maybe 30 and have killed a bunch of them, but so many of them spawn that more interesting underground critters don't.

Birds in general are annoying, not just keas.  They fly around out of range and many of them can't be butchered for more than a pittance.  Ravens are a big offender here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:57 pm »

Grey bleeding langurs. For personal reasons: my first fort was disturbed by langurs, and fell to a firebreathing monkey.

I hate apes. Keas? Meh.
One wheel short of a wagon

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

I second crundles.  They swarm the caverns in preposterous numbers and sneak into the fort, not really doing serious damage but causing cancellation spam and bothering industrious dwarves.  A few of them get through and they can even kill somebody.  And while I rarely see keas, crundles are always down there.  Always.  I picture them as quite loud, smelly, and gross.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 05:07:16 pm »

Keas.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 05:56:11 pm »

Cave dragons, not because they are overly lethal or that much of a pest, but because they never visit, and to be quite frank, that's rude.

By extension I also hate crundles

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 07:12:31 pm »

troglodytes are a danger for unarmed civilians going into the caverns
I really dislike them

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 07:46:20 pm »

You're all nuts.  I'm telling you, Unicorns are the greatest threat to any Dwarf that even attempts to own the surface.  And to a lesser extent, Giant Eagles, but they are relatively passive.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:57 pm »

Troglodytes tie up my cage traps, and I can't tame and butcher them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5