Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Dungeon of Teskireloth Wrap up & Player Awards  (Read 19276 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Teskireloth RTD Dungeon is UNSEALED Again!
« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2016, 03:57:29 pm »

Gronk the Troll thinks that he saw the root of the friendship problem and remakes Teskireloth into a living being!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:31 am »

Ṛ̛͚̗̯̍̅ͫ̌ͣ̀ͣ͞ơ̷̛̤͎̟̘̟̗͉͌͌̏ͤ̓͒ͣ͗̈́̊̇̃͐ͣ̐́ͅr̸̢̢̦̣̣̠̣̟̠͇̫̱͔̺͍͎͋ͧͭ̓̊̒ͣ̄̅ͤ͘ͅr̨̛͚̺̙̝̯̣̩̯̠̼͓̮̯̭̺̟͌ͨ̈̅ͪ͂̃̓̉ͭ͒ͫͫ̓ͭ̚͜͝͝ȩͧ̾ͧ̌͗ͤ̉͋͗͌ͤ̈̇ͫ̌̚҉̨̗͚͉̤̱̬̭̤̲̤̞̞̫̲͎̘͚̖͔̕͞  Casts rework magic in an attempt to alter the condition of Teskireloths spell scrolls but  his magic overpowers Ṛ̛͚̗̯̍̅ͫ̌ͣ̀ͣ͞ơ̷̛̤͎̟̘̟̗͉͌͌̏ͤ̓͒ͣ͗̈́̊̇̃͐ͣ̐́ͅr̸̢̢̦̣̣̠̣̟̠͇̫̱͔̺͍͎͋ͧͭ̓̊̒ͣ̄̅ͤ͘ͅr̨̛͚̺̙̝̯̣̩̯̠̼͓̮̯̭̺̟͌ͨ̈̅ͪ͂̃̓̉ͭ͒ͫͫ̓ͭ̚͜͝͝ȩͧ̾ͧ̌͗ͤ̉͋͗͌ͤ̈̇ͫ̌̚҉̨̗͚͉̤̱̬̭̤̲̤̞̞̫̲͎̘͚̖͔̕͞ .
[2]

Omni-Baldaron sum of all the multiversal Baldarons bursts on to the scene![3]

James Sedgewick, bored with this period of inactivity, casts "Conjure a bunch of harmful enemy mages. but didnt realize he is no longer omnipotent. Get ready for some fun! [4]

Markus shouts egghead with obvious results.[2]

Gronk the Troll Gets slit from throat to groin in one rapid Slice by an unseen assailant. All his guts spill out on to the floor in front of him in a shocking display of gore. Gronks dead.[1]
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2016, 02:40:30 am »

Omni-Baldaron empowers his body and gives a taste of combined Omni-Slaps, Omni-Punches, Omni-Kicks and Omni-Headbutts to the sudden assaillants.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2016, 05:24:56 am »

James Sedgewick, frustrated, casts "Become all-powerful!", before ducking and hitting the ground. Then he remembers he's invincible. Stupid enemy mages. What are they gonna do, cast a spell that makes him un..... invincible?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Teskireloth Attention All players, Ending Soon!
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »

Omni-Baldaron Casts empower on his body, but one of the enemy mages casts Anti-magic circle spell cancelling Omni-B's spell. [2]

James Sedgewick, frustrated, casts "Become all-powerful!" Next turn he will be all-powerfull.[5]

OK Guys, I can't help but feel we've hit a stagnant point in the game. I think it definitely could have reached it's conclusion by now so we are going to change things up a bit. Next turn will be the last. I want each of you players to write an ending to the game and we will roll to see which one will be the official ending. Then I will give away some game notes and player awards. Sound good? If someone actually has a plan to beat the game please outline it in your game ending. Thanks guys.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2016, 02:11:21 pm »

Use my power to destroy the Dungeon of Teskireloth, warping myself, the other player characters, and the wizard Teskireloth, to safety.
'
Nice simple ending.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2016, 02:49:00 pm »

Omni-Baldaron taps into the power and knowledge of every Baldarons he is the avatar of. 

Ascending his soul to a superior plane of existance to seek the truth about Teskireloth. Teski tragically boring backstory is revealed : his life was so boring that he syudied magic. Then when researching an infinite cupcakes spell, he accidentally created a spell to absorb he words of power.

At first he used the spell to stop his coworkers pranks, but he eventually became possessed by the sheer power of magic.

"I'm tired of this joke. " said Omni-Baldaron.

Returning to the normal plane,  he shared his knowledge with the other magicians and exposed his plan : burn Teskireloth papers to free the sealed spells and send Teskireloth to see a nice psychologist. He may have PTSD after this.

Omni-Spank some sense into the ones who may disagree, and let James destroy the dungeon. It was built illegally after all.

Then invite everyone in a Chinese restaurant,  eat our fill. And finally the next morning,  leave to travel across worlds and universes,  as per all Baldarons will.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2016, 05:55:49 pm »

Dimly taps into the dungeon's power to make everyone else as stupid as he is. Nobody can remember why they were fighting, including Teskireloth.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »

And suddenly James Smith reappeared.
Only he wasn't human. He was in the form of an ancient lizard mage emperor, wearing a cloak of transcendence and a ring of wishes.
And he was quite a bit wet.

A moment later, he cast teleportation pathway to get to Teskireloth's location.
The next moment, he was overcome with anger. Although he had failed to destroy He Who Must Not Be Named, at the very least he could smite the mages who defied his master's wishes.

So he cast a few more spells, much to the surprise of the other mages, who were used to the one spell per "turn" limit, a limit that no longer applied to James Smith due to his cloak of transcendence. Oh, so you wish to know what the spells were?

Spell fusion, followed by dimensional shift, curse luck, and massive explosion.

The end result was a massive explosion that made whoever it hit unlucky and shifted them to random(horrible(cause bad luck)) dimensions.
It was only after he cast the spell that James realized that he had hit Teskireloth and himself with the spell also.

The Oracle was going to be angry.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »

Dimly taps into the dungeon's power to make everyone else as stupid as he is. Nobody can remember why they were fighting, including Teskireloth.
((My favorite ending so far :D))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2016, 10:23:05 pm »

Markus decides, as his last act, he will make the world a better place, and casts, with his final life force, "perfection to give everyone in the world the perfect style as it is defined in today, simultaneously killing everything that would get in the way of this goal.... including all of the mages within the dungeon, including Markus, who, in his final sacrifice, became known as the only true God, and thus, will always be remembered, and the only thing left of him, his cape, became all the rage... everywhere.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2016, 01:00:28 am »

Epilogue
Suddenly James Smith appeared  In the form of an ancient lizard mage emperor, wearing a cloak of transcendence and a ring of wishes. He was soaken  wet.  Awake from his slumber,And filled with anger he cast Spell fusion, followed by dimensional shift, curse luck, and massive explosion.The end result was a massive explosion that  hit the entire group and would have transported them to a  random (horrible(cause bad luck)) dimension. Luckily, James Sedgewick who had become all-powerfull Just in the nick of time, warped Himself, the other player characters, and the wizard Teskireloth, to safety as he destroyed the dungeon.

Somewhere deep within the mysterious Orient The players and Teskireloth arrived. Strange people stared in amazement at the group who had suddenly appered out of thin air.  Omni-Baldaron shouted
"I smell food! how long has it been since we've eaten?"
"At least three years!" Exclaimed the now-concious Teskireloth.
Omni-Baldaron noticing some kind of exotic asian restaurant invited everyone in for Chinese food. As they all were getting seated Omni-Baldaron tapped into the power and knowledge of every Baldaron, ascending his soul to a superior plane of existance to seek the truth about Teskireloth. But then Teskireloth started to talk so everyone could learn his story the easyway.
"Thank you gentlemen and Lizard Thing for rescuing me. My name is not Teskireloth, it is Richard Gardner. When I was a young man I set out to become the most powerful wizard the world had ever known. A lofty goal indeed! I searched high and low for teachers but none could help me learn fast enough within my mortal lifetime to even come near my goal. I studied scrolls and did arcane calculations all day and night. I spent my inheritance on travel and books. As I grew older my hope had all but faded but my obssession had not. I turned to another teacher. One who could grant any gifts but at a terrible cost. In a strange bazzar in the twisting alleyways of a foreign city I met a certain kind of broker in his small shop during the night. At the stroke of midnight I signed a contract in my blood and my fate was sealed. I returned home regretting what I had done. I couldn't eat or sleep and became a shell of my former self. I bought supplies with my remaining money but by then I was no longer in control of my actions. I tread deep into the dungeon in a zombie state where I found a spartan study and volumes of parchment. I began to write. Faster and faster. The spells just flew to me through the air and my arm moved mechanically, Inking spell after spell. And he was there, In the corner. My own personal demon Teskireloth. silently watching me. grinning with smugness. Or sometimes he would mock me or laugh at my stupidity. And I like some kind of machine worked endlessly to pluck every spoken spell from existence. Those scrolls had become the physical embodiment of the spells, and now they're destroyed along with the destruction of the dungeon."
"Excuse me, Anybody want any drink or tea?" Asked the waitress
"Just water" Chanted the table in
"No water for me!" Screamed James Smith
After some puzzled looks James Smith explained about his dream.
"You know, the thing about dreams is that there only interesting to the people who have them." Said Dimly.
"Waitress, Alcohol for all my cpmpanions here!"
And everyone got so stupid drunk they forgot what they were fighting about. After they had there fill of drink and food, especially Richard Gardner who said he was anxious to take his first shit in years again. Then, in his drunken stupor he reched into his robes and pulled out a single scroll that he had saved from destruction. The last scroll he ever wrote "Become all-Powerful"
Markus Velafithen decided to do this:
"Markus decides, as his last act, he will make the world a better place, and casts, with his final life force, "perfection to give everyone in the world the perfect style as it is defined in today, simultaneously killing everything that would get in the way of this goal.... including all of the mages within the dungeon, including Markus, who, in his final sacrifice, became known as the only true God, and thus, will always be remembered, and the only thing left of him, his cape, became all the rage... everywhere."

The end?

Awards and game notes to follow.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:19:55 am by chokepoint »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 19, 2016, 01:25:50 am »

Damn it! Missed it by half an hour!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2016, 01:17:32 am »

Dungeon of Teskireloth Awards 2016
Best player: Coolrune206
Best Feud: Elephant Parade & ATHATH
Best Villain: FallacyofUrist
Craziest: Crazyabe
Special Teams: Hiddenleafguy

I want to thanks everybody who played this game. Everyone added something unique to it.  I figure now that the game has run it's course I can release a few details about the inner workings of this dungeon crawl:
Back in January I had the idea of making a fun minimalist RTD that had very little rules but enough of a defined objective to keep it from spiraling into nonsense. So I thought of a dungeon crawl that needed a unique but simple ruleset. Every player could cast any spell they wanted, the only limitation being that a particular spell could only be cast once! The results were subject to RTD randomness. Now think about that for a second. I said ANY spell. Now if your character could cast any spells  what would you pick? Now let me say I was surprised to see some of the choices. But that's the fun of RTD. Anyway if we would have gone through the entire dungeon heres the overall concept we would have seen, each part of the dungeon would have contained three elements, a secret room, a combat,a trap and a puzzle or challenge. The more noise the characters made, the less likely they could avoid the combats. The first combat was against goblins, and the strategy was to get the wizards to burn up a lot of combat spells against a large number of opponents. I was definitely making sure that the players only had weak abilities to attack what was unseen or unknown to them. In the long run it was difficult to keep the pace from dragging. I had hopef to do more rooms and combats but finally someone cast a wormhole directly to the final scene of the showdown of with Teskireloth and we could move ahead to get things interesting. The players were not aware that the mage Known as Teskireloth was simply a  helpless victim in all this. Instead it was a Demon who imprisoned him there. If anyone had use a see the invisible or such spell they would have seen the demon attacking their companions. Still, everyone seemed to sense that it would be a bad idea to kill Teskireloth right away espescially sinse he wasn't acting hostile. In the end nobody really had an idea of what to do so we called it a game. I think the game came to a good conclusion with our stitched together player narrative.
Thanks for playing and following along, I had fun and I hope you guys did too!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:21:14 am by chokepoint »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Teskireloth Wrap up & Player Awards
« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:39 am »

It was a really fun game. Whacky and random as I like them :)

And of course, thank you to you for seeing this game through the end and finishing it properly !
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28