Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Dungeon of Teskireloth Wrap up & Player Awards  (Read 19278 times)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon of Teskireloth Wrap up & Player Awards
« on: January 14, 2016, 11:46:20 pm »

Dungeon of Teskireloth

intro
Deep within the earth lies an arcane library containing all the magic the world has ever known. The prized posession of an evil and highly insane wizard, it is kept within his subterranian  dungeon, guarded by foul creatures and lethal traps. Such secrets are hard to keep and after a major investment of time, money and searching you have finally found a map to the entrance of the dungeon. It is named Teskireloth, after it's cruel and maligned owner who learned an acient rite that enables him to steal any spells that have been cast. Go now! Plunge into the dark depths and emerge the great heroic wizard you were destined to be and return magic to the world.

Rules:
Spells can be cast using a  single word associated with the  effect, for example: levitate, heal, shrink, kill etc.
But here is the twist - a spell word can only be cast once ever in this game and never be cast again. No spell or effect can change this rule. 
Success of casting spells and any other actions subject to the standard RTD roll results.
[1]- The action was not performed, and backfired horribly.
[2]-Fail. Nothing happened.
[3]-Partial Success.
[4]-Success. The action was carried out adequately.
[5]-Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.
[6]- Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly

Equipment: You start with a dagger, staff and ring of moonlight.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:18:29 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Teskireloth RTD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:50:22 am »

((Ooh, interesting twist...))

Lothos the Miracle-Master stepped into Teskirekeloth, eager to take as much magic for himself to benefit his travelling act.

"Locate loot!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:55:56 am »

William the Wordsmith appears, ready to explore.

"Summon dragon companion!"
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 05:49:51 am »

Henry the Best arrives, ready and eager for the dungeon's dangers.

Head into the dungeon. Look for loot but be wary of traps.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:51:55 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:58:29 am »

"Hey, you two!" Lothos called out. "Want to group up? I'm casting a loot-locate spell, so I can lead the way while we protect each other. Deal?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 09:00:57 am »

"That sounds good to me!"
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 11:49:41 am »

An Aspect of the Manipulator enters the dungeon.

"So much power is here..."

Use a Divination to locate the Wizard's bedroom, then Teleport there. Begin Corrupting him to the worship of the Manipulator.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 11:53:17 am »

Use Disintegrate on the dungeon.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 03:52:08 pm »

"Hey, you two!" Lothos called out. "Want to group up? I'm casting a loot-locate spell, so I can lead the way while we protect each other. Deal?"
"Ok then."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »

You follow the edge of a slow moving, broad river for many miles into the depths of wild forrest. Your map shows you must turn away from the river at a great bend deep into the woods and locate a  dead tree of immense size. After some searching you locate the remains of an ancient cedar. The base of it shows a lot of traffic has been around the area. Beneath the roots is a small cramped hole tunneling under the ground. A human skull weathered and bleached serves as a warning to would-be tresspassers who stumble along this location.

Lothos the Miracle-Master Casts "Locate" loot. He becomes aware of  the magical treasure hidden deep within the earth but not the exact location. [3]

William the Wordsmith casts "Summon" and hopes for a dragon companion and a beautiful white dragon appears ready to serve him. But how will you get him to fit through the entrance?[4]

Henry the Best heads into the dungeon looking for loot but being wary of traps. However as he crawls on his belly under the roots of the stump a small hidden string is pulled ringing a little bell. A feathered dart flies out from the shadows and strikes him in the face. His vision goes psychadelic and he falls to the ground senseless.[1]

The Aspect of the Manipulator enters the dungeon casting "Divination" however the spell reveals only shadows. [2] He will have to wait until his next turn to teleport. The aspect manipulator worms his way into the cramped hole of the stump where discovers the unconcious Henry the Best laying limp on the soft ground

The wizard Salsacookies uses "Disintegrate" on the dungeon. There is a flash then a lot of thick black smoke bellowing out of the hole under the roots. [5]

Inside the fist room of the dungeon  is a low dirt ceiling with roots sticking down. Everything is singed black now from the disintegration spell and there is  a burnt out smoldering corpse  of some small creature encased in blackened plate mail armor locked in a cage. The cramped area leads to a pit where a bolt fastened to the ground holds a burnt rope that dangles into the darkness below.

Hey guys can you please emphasize which specific spell word you are casting? Also only one spell or action per turn. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:04:10 pm by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:16 pm »

Harold the Generic Wizard entered the dungeon after them and used the spell "Illuminate area!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:30 pm »

"William the Wordsmith, could you use your dragon to scout down that pit? I'm gonna help the Best here get up."

HEAL! Henry the Best.
Dying of laughter?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 07:08:38 pm »

Flimsy Wizard stumbles through the door. "Magic, call an ally of great power!"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:48:52 pm by Elephant Parade »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 07:09:27 pm »

Flimsy Wizard stumbles through the door. "Summon an ally of great power!"

((Summon's already been used unfortunately.))
Dying of laughter?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »

Flimsy Wizard stumbles through the door. "Summon an ally of great power!"

((Summon's already been used unfortunately.))
Easy fix! Hooray for synonyms!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28