Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Before you read this poll, did you notice that I turned my sig into a mini game?

Yes.
- 5 (41.7%)
No.
- 2 (16.7%)
WOT.
- 1 (8.3%)
I wanna play!
- 2 (16.7%)
To avoid messing up the poll, I'll be using this option.
- 2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(9/6): SUDDEN DEATH TWO POINT THREE  (Read 24261 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn Thirteen. DIE.
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:53 pm »

Spoiler: Ira(AoshimaMichio) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mage Guy(ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

As usual, tell me if you see something wrong.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn Fourteen. Please? Die?
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2016, 12:58:15 am »

I can't seem to find the actual turn, so I would argue something is wrong.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn Fourteen. Please? Die?
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2016, 10:02:43 am »

TWO TURNS TILL SUDDEN DEATH

Turn Fifteen: DIE

I don't need to sit around and fight. Just grab the transponder using my insane speed then bugger off, using that same insane speed. Climb a tree at some point or something, dogs cant climb.
Reinforce the ropes (Mind roll!). Continue rubbing coolrune with the leaf, while my dogs attack him.

INIT:
Ferdinando Alino(4+3(SPD)=7)
Mage Guy(4-2(SPD)=2)
Dog 1(4+2(SPD)=6)
Dog 2(2+2(SPD)=4)
Dog 3(6+2(SPD)=8)

With that, one of the dogs dashes off in a sprint towards Ferdinando Alino. (3 vs. 3-6(DEX)=-3)(5+1(STR)=6 vs. 3+6(TGH)-1(HERB)=8) Dog gnaw leg. Leg invincible.
Me hate minmaxing.

Ferdinado Alino wanted his thing back. (2-6(DEX)=-4 vs. 5) He dashed to Mage Guy at ridiculous speed... then tripped on a gnat and shot past him.

Then the other two dogs attacked. (1 vs. 2-6(DEX)=-4)(5+1(STR)=6 vs. 2+6(TGH)-1(HERB)=7) Dog gnaw leg. Leg mostly invincible.
(2 vs. 6-6(DEX)=0)(2+1(STR)=3 vs. 3+6(TGH)-1(HERB)=8) Dog gnaw other leg. Leg invulnerable to all harm short of being stuck in a pool of lava.

Mage Guy decided to maximize the effectiveness of his anti toughness herb. (1 vs. 6-6(DEX)=0) (herb leftover potency: 2) The herb... seemed to have disintegrated upon contact with Ferdinando's skin. Alternatively... (4+4(MND)=8) Mage Guy made use of his incredible mental strength to reinforce the ropes. With that, Ferdinando's hands were tied together even more firmly. (I will apply penalties as I deem necessary.)

Command my chick to attack the girl and try shooting that Johnathan. Like multiple times.
Lilia punches Ira in the head and I attempt to stab his brains.

((Hey, it's not really my fault this guy won't die.))
((noted. Well... noted.))

INIT:
Lilia(2+3(SPD)=5)
Johnathan the Invincible(1-6(SPD)=-5)
Ira(1-6(SPD)=-5)
BIRD(5+4(SPD)=9)

Ira's bird now thought of Jonathan the Invincible as the greater threat. But Ira wanted something else. (1+1(TRG)=2 vs. 2+3(DEX)=5) If only she wasn't so agile, that might have hurt...

Lilia judged that the bird would be easily dealt with by Johnathan. So she punched Ira in the face. (2+1(TRG)=3 vs. 5-6(DEX)=-1)(6+3(DEX)=9 vs. 3+6(TGH)=9) Lilia punched Ira in the face with the same force that Ira resisted. Quite a feat, when one came to think of it.

Ira and Johnathan the Invincible acted at the same time, with different aims. TIEBREAKER(IRA) But Ira shot first. (chain: 1) He completely failed to set up his motions to fire more than once. But he still fired. (3-2(ARMS_WOUNDED)-3(BLIND)=-2 vs. 5+6(DEX)=11) The bolt shot through the air. Johnathan was standing on it somehow, doing a jig, then jumped off. Completely unharmed.

Johnathan then tried to stab Ira. "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!"

(1+4(TRG)=5 vs. 4-6(DEX)=-2)(-1 to TGH)(3+6(DEX)=9 vs. 5+6(TGH)-1(BAD_DODGE)=10)(... now is basically the second time since Roll to Survive the Game Master's Whimsy that I was tempted to fudge the rolls.)

Spear strike face. Spear bounce off face. Need I say more?

Climb up the tree in order to hide from the Roach
Search for a weapon that utilities the power of The Mind
INIT:
DIE DIE DIE
The Roach(3+6(SPD)-2(AGH)=7)
The Exterminator(6+6(SPD)=12)

The Exterminator(4+6(DEX)=10) ran up the side of a tree. A tall one. Now in a tree.

The Roach (5)(6) noticed a peculiar piece of scrap in the ground near him. Removing it... he found some sort of helmet. (4+6(MND)=10) The Roach immediately detected it as a Psionic Amplification Helmet, or PAH, known to allow its wearer to project their mental energies even if they had no natural psychic talents.
((...  :o good luck.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2016, 10:10:36 am »

Lilia kills the bird, I kill Ira.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2016, 10:27:08 am »

Equip the helmet
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2016, 10:38:03 am »

((It's kinda ridiculous how fast the actions pour in once I make a turn...))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2016, 11:55:38 am »

Everyone who is able to harm a 6 DEX, 6 SPD, 6 TGH, 6 MND character, stop whatever you're doing and attack the Roach- he has a Mind based weapon now.

Leave coolrune to be eaten by my dogs. Pm'd action.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:01:05 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:10 am »

Everyone who is able to harm a 6 DEX, 6 SPD, 6 TGH character, stop whatever you're doing and attack the Roach- he has a Mind based weapon now.

Doom Song
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »

Actually, the Roach has an effective DEX and TGH of 4 because of his injury, but that's still a lot.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »

Break my ties then smash the Earth. Surely hitting the ground gives a huge targeting buff.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2016, 01:41:07 pm »

Whole team targets Johnathan (Ira shoots). Hopefully swarm tactics give us the edge we need.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

Jump out of the tree and try to crush the Roach. AGAIN!!!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2016, 04:07:56 am »

((Stomp(and hold) on the neck(If the roach fails to dodge, the -6 STR makes it really easy from there, although it's really hard to actually crush the neck), drown them(Same thing, since it is grab-push attack, not a HURT THEM INTERMEDIATELY attack), or....))
((Any ideas about on how Sudden Death works?))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:11:07 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Speculation Game Show(win fabulous prizes)
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2016, 11:30:05 pm »

Previous turn's status:

As usual, tell me if you see something wrong.
~~~
ONE TURN TILL SUDDEN DEATH
TURN #DIE: DIE
DIE
~~~
Lilia kills the bird, I(DIE) kill Ira(DIE).
Whole team targets Johnathan(DIE)(Ira(DIE) shoots). Hopefully swarm tactics give us the edge we need.

DIE:
Ira(1-6(SPD)=-5)
Lilia(1+3(SPD)=4)
Johnathan the Hopefully Not Invincible(3-6(SPD)=-3)
Bird(6+4(SPD)=10)

Ira watches(actually, not) as his bird flies at Johnathan. (1+1(TRG)=2 vs. 2+6(DEX)=8) Johnathan fails to DIE.

Lilia attacked the bird that just attacked her master. (6+1(TRG)=7 vs. 5+3(DEX)=8) The bird fails to DIE.

Johnathan the Hopefully Not Invincible attempts to make Ira DIE. (1+4(TRG)=5 vs. 3-6(DEX)=-3)(-2 to TGH roll) (6+6(DEX)=12 vs. 5+6(TGH)-2(DIE)=9) Ira received a spear tip broken off into his chest, making it even more difficult for him to live, but still failed to DIE. (-1 to future TGH rolls, -1 future DEX rolls)

Ira then attempted to make Johnathan DIE by shooting him. (5-2(ARMS)-3(BLIND)=0 vs. 2+6(DEX)=8) If Ira wasn't blind, he would have noticed Jonathan dancing a jig. While standing on the tip of his autocannon. Naturally, this failed to make Johnathan DIE.

Equip the helmet
Jump out of the tree and try to crush the Roach(DIE). AGAIN!!!

DIE:
The Roach(3+6(SPD)-2(AGH)=7)
The Exterminator(4+6(SPD)=10)

The Exterminator decided to make The Roach DIE by jumping on him. (3) It was a moderately high tree(+3 to damage from smash hit). (4+6(TRG)=10 vs. 2+6(DEX)-2(DIE)=6) (4+3(TREE)=7 vs. 1+6(TGH)-2(AGH)=5) For once, the Roach was impacted. It didn't make him DIE, but it did crunch him a little bit. (CRUNCHED. -1 to dodge rolls. Roll MND to act this turn because stunning. Oh wait.) (1+6(MND)-2(AGH(the pain)=5) The Roach was not DEAD, and he was not stunned.

The Roach squeezed out from under the Exterminator, then put the helmet on. POWER OVERWHELMING. If only he could aim it.
((There may be ways for you to attack using MND using the helmet without aiming. I'm not telling you what I would consider them to be, however.))

Everyone who is able to harm a 6 DEX, 6 SPD, 6 TGH, 6 MND character, stop whatever you're doing and attack the Roach- he has a Mind based weapon now.
Leave coolrune(DIE) to be eaten by my dogs. Pm'd action.
Break my ties then smash the Earth. Surely hitting the ground gives a huge targeting buff.

DIE:
Ferdinando Alino(4+3(SPD)=7)
Mage Guy(1-2(SPD)=-1)
Doggermeat(6+2(SPD)=8)
DoGermeat(3+2(SPD)=5)
Four-legged meatsack(6+2(SPD)=8)

Mage Guy's dogs seemed to rob him of his DIEINIT luck. Mostly. Two of them rushed off to make Ferdinando Alino DIE.
(3 and 3 vs. 5-6(DEX)=-1 and 2-6(DEX)=-4(-2 to TGH roll)) (4+1(STR)=5 and 2+1(STR)=3 vs. 1+6(TGH)=7 and 5+6(TGH)-2(DODGE(BAD))=9) Ferdinando Alino: unharmed. yet again.

Ferdinando Alino attempted to punch the ground. (GM pity: yes) He punched the ground. (6) This put a few cracks in the earth, and would have hurt his fist if he wasn't so hard to render DEAD. ((nice try. You'll need Ira level strength to pull off a shockwave like that.))

Mage Guy attempted to make Ferdinando die via a new method. (5 vs. 3-6(DEX)=-3) Putting his hands around Ferdinando's neck... and squeezing. (6-6(STR)=0 vs. 5+6(TGH)=11) Nope. ((-3 to dodge while being strangled, but no damage yet. Each turn you'll make a new TGH roll to avoid strangling damage, against Mage Guy's strength... and increasing penalties. Still, I don't think strangling you... is going to work. At all.))(chaining: 6) While Mage Guy was at it... grass! (1+4(MND)=5) And with that, Ferdinando's legs were similarly tied up. Using tough grass. (-2 to dodge, when your legs are relevant)

The remaining dog attempted to bite Ferdinando. (6 vs. 1-6(DEX)-3(STRNGL)=-8)(-4 to TGH roll) (6+1(STR)=7 vs. 2+6(TGH)-4(BAD(really)_DODGE)=4) A secondary effect of the strangling was revealed: it was easier for other things to hurt Ferdinando, what with it being harder for him to dodge. (cut up leg, -2 SPD, using that leg in general... whatnot)
((Your legs: not relevant, considering you were being prevented from moving via Strangulation.))
~~~
Despite an entire turn of conflict, nobody DIED.
~~~
Sudden death mode initiating next turn.
What do you think it's going to be? The person with the answer closest to what it's going to be gets a piece of Rather Powerful Loot.
~~~
This turn's status:

((Sorry if I sound frustrated.))
((If I ever run a game with a stat system like this in the future, I'm doing something to deal with minmaxing. Cause me hate minmaxing. Me hate invincible people.))
((It's very likely I'm ending this game after Sudden Death. The loot I submitted... may appear in future games I make. Cause there's no way I'm wasting all of that creativity.))
((Let the guessing commence.))

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19