Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Before you read this poll, did you notice that I turned my sig into a mini game?

Yes.
- 5 (41.7%)
No.
- 2 (16.7%)
WOT.
- 1 (8.3%)
I wanna play!
- 2 (16.7%)
To avoid messing up the poll, I'll be using this option.
- 2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(9/6): SUDDEN DEATH TWO POINT THREE  (Read 24369 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(5/6): Turn Seven. The Most Peculiar Luck.
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2016, 05:09:16 pm »

I poofed for awhile, but then I heard about an update for DF and I was like, "Oh yeah, that game exists." So now I'm back
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »

MISSING SOMEBODY.
Not literally.
I am missing...
WAIT A MINUTE.

In the mean time I'll pursue Somebody.
:o this, people, is why we bold our actions- so that GMs who think that he/she is missing an action can see said action and not prolong the wait till next turn.
GRAGH.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:33 am »

Turn Eight: Of Eggs and Murder
((Sorry about the wait. I had a math test. A large and important one. I passed.))

0. Eat another peppermint.
1. Kiss the cannon. This phallus symbol is working wonderfully.
2. Flex.
3. Caress the egg carefully. Can't believe I'm going to be father so soon.
4. Protect my baby from wimpy aggressors.

Ira pops a peppermint into his mouth, flexes some more... abruptly realizes that if he tried to caress the egg, it would most likely smash it due to ridiculously high strength and ridiculously low dexterity... he doesn't mind standing guard, though. (The Egg will hatch at the end of this turn.)

Stab Somebody, then run away.
CONVINCE TERRAHEX TO BECOME MY SLAVE! OFFER THEM A COMBAT KNIFE FOR THEIR 20 YEAR SERVICE. IF THEY KILL MAGE GUY.
Also, get on all fours.

In the mean time I'll pursue Somebody.
((Terrahex, as noted, use bolding on your actions, for my sake. If you use a phone, you can manually type out the bolding by doing [ b ]text[ /b ] without the spaces in the tags.))

INIT:
Mage Guy(3-2=1)
Somebody(5-6-2(AGH)=-3)
Terrahex(1+3=4)

Terrahex stops for a moment, flexes her muscles, and charges at Somebody once again. Brutalize! (2+1(TRG)=3 vs. 2+2(DEX)-2(AGH)=2) (2+3(STR)=5 vs. 4-2(AGH)-1(MORE AGH)=1) ((... ouch. Whether or not to kill... whether or not to kill...)) (Somebody hang on to life: 1) Somebody explodes into gore. He's dead.

(2+1(Somebody: one item)=3) (tier: -1) Behold, a lightsaber! With no place for the blade to come out! It's also somewhat longer than you would expect.

Mage Guy makes a flourish with his combat knife, then considers his options.

Go and pester Ira. Whack at Ira's egg.

(2+6(SPD)=8) The Roach accelerates to a ridiculous speed, and enters the center once again, warned by his developing psychic powers to destroy a certain egg. (3-6(TRG)=-3 vs. 0(egg)) The Roach demonstrates the proper technique for caressing an egg. Ira is jealous. Accordingly, punch. (5 vs. 1+6(DEX)-3(FATE)=4) (6+6(STR)=12 vs. 3+6(TGH)-3(FATE)=6) The Roach suddenly feels pain. And bam. Across the center he goes, crashing into a tree at the edge of the forest. (stunned, must roll MND to act next turn) (3, Ira fails to poison Roach)... OH AGH NO. (MORE SMASHED CHEST, -2 all physical rolls.)

((... well, at least it wasn't an instakill. Like it could have been on a one for TGH.))
D'aww! The chick! It's so cute! And it's growing at an astounding pace!

The Exterminator gets out of his time travel pod, just in time to watch the Roach get punted into a tree, astoundingly, just in time to see a baby bird hatch from Ira's egg, and just in time to watch Null Nevermore smash his pod to bits. WAIT WHAT NO!!! (3+100(STR)=103 vs. 4+10(TGH)=14) Poof. No more pod. It just disintegrated. "KAPOW, as it is said in Universe Sector 928484839183, Universe 2348208585!" Accurse it.

(1)(Tier: -3) Oh look, a superhero cape! Red!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:26:10 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(6/6): Turn Eight. Of Eggs and Murder.
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2016, 10:01:10 am »

Spoiler: Ira (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roach (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mage Guy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrahex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Exterminator (click to show/hide)

As always, yell at me if you see anything wrong.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:34:21 pm by FallacyofUrist »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight(5/6): Turn Eight. Of Eggs and Murder.
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2016, 10:39:04 am »

Shoot The Roach for daring to caress by baby better than I can! And the baby needs food. Roaches are bird food.

((I notice my droid didn't shoot anyone.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2016, 10:48:24 am »

Run back and whack at the bird again.

((Props on passing the test.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:50:28 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2016, 11:38:13 am »

Convince Terrahex that his life is meaningless and that he should just give up, then stab him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:22:11 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2016, 03:00:56 pm »

((Been poking around a bit but.... where IS the wait list?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2016, 03:24:10 pm »

((Page 2. On standard posts per page, anyway. Unless I managed to change my posts per page without even realizing it.))
((I notice my droid didn't shoot anyone.))
((He'll(it'll) certainly do so next turn. In any case... that might have been a mistake on my part.))
((Props on passing the test.))
((Thank you.))
((wait, why doesn't the Exterminator have loot?))
((Because I'm lazy.))
((Now I've got turn edits to do.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »

So, Null has 100 strength eh? Say, how ridiculously broken would an item have to be to be capable of killing Null. No real reason, just curious. Would a big red button that destroys the universe when pressed do the trick?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »

((100 strength? Ha, no. The man collects gods. Literally. That was merely all the strength he wanted to use at the moment.))

So, Null has 100 strength eh? Say, how ridiculously broken would an item have to be to be capable of killing Null. No real reason, just curious. Would a big red button that destroys the universe when pressed do the trick?
((... it would have to be very, very, broken. Maybe a universe destroying button would do the trick. Assuming you surprised him with it and he didn't Nullify it in time. Of course, then one of his contingency plans would activate... and he would promptly murderize your entire bloodline. Time traveling to do so if necessary.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:17 pm »

Upon recovering from the shock of having his time machine smashed, the Exterminator sees his archnemesis in a disadvantageous position. Unfortunately his own weapons were destroyed with the pod so things aren't much better for him either, but The Exterminator is resourceful and comes up with an idea.

Climb to the top of the tree and crush the Roach by jumping on him and breaking him with his fall

((Exactly what rolls get a -2 for the roach? Strength, dexterity and toughness, or is there more?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2016, 09:28:16 am »

((Strength... dexterity... toughness... speed... targeting... basically everything but mind and luck.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »

Missing Terrahex. And since she's moving... and her last action was "pursue Somebody"... I think I might send her on a murder spree...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2016, 10:02:10 am »

Turn Nine: New Ninjas

Quote from: Terrahex Bot
EXTERMINATE
Convince Terrahex that his life is meaningless and that he should just give up, then stab him.

INIT:
Terrahex(6+3(SPD)=9)
Mage Guy(1-2(SPD)=-1)

Terrahex stretches, then demonstrates her minor skill in the "Flash Step" technique. MORE BRUTALIZE! Oh look, Mage Guy is closest to her! (3+1(TRG)=4 vs. 4) Mage Guy notices a small cut on his robes. Caused by a nick from that metallic thing Terrahex is carrying around.

Mage Guy attempts a logic attack! (4+4(MND)=8 vs. 2-6(MND)=-4) ((I'm going to point out that a difference of 8 for physical damage was enough for instakill. This is a difference of 12. Guess what's about to happen.)) Terrahex just stares. Then she stops moving, just standing in place. (will not take any action, including dodging, until Terrahex actually gives a command(Terrahex the player))

Time for stabbing! (5 vs. FAIL)(damage boost: 2 for good targeting against a non-moving enemy) (2+2(high difference in dodge versus targeting)=4 vs. 2-6(TGH)=-4)((Quote me: "I'm going to point out that a difference of 8 for physical damage was enough for instakill." Welp.))

Terrahex staggers, then falls to the ground, dead of a broken heart. Literally. DYWYPI? Her bludgeon falls to the ground, but her lock pick and lightsaber thing vanish into motes of light, swirling around a central point... (4+2(LOOT LUCK)+2(Terrahex had two items)=8)(tier: 4(4 for a roll is zero, 5 is one, 6 is two, 7 is three, 8 is four))

Mage Guy feels himself tackled. Not once, not twice, but three times. Many face licks promptly happen. Oh look, war dogs! Three of them!
((Think "rather large German Shepherd".))

Upon recovering from the shock of having his time machine smashed, the Exterminator sees his archnemesis in a disadvantageous position. Unfortunately his own weapons were destroyed with the pod so things aren't much better for him either, but The Exterminator is resourceful and comes up with an idea.
Climb to the top of the tree and crush the Roach by jumping on him and breaking him with his fall
Shoot The Roach for daring to caress my baby better than I can! And the baby needs food. Roaches are bird food.
Run back and whack at the bird again.
INIT:
Ira(6-6(SPD)=0)
The Roach(3+6(SPD)-2(AGH)=7)
The Exterminator(6+6(SPD)=12)
Battle Droid(4)

For once in his life, The Roach sees someone move faster than him. The Exterminator pulls off a flash step, then begins his PLAN! (3+6(DEX)=9) The Exterminator jumps onto the side of the tree, then runs up it, to the top. Then he uses himself as a cannonball. Target: the Roach. (5+6(TRG)=11 vs. 5+6(DEX)-2(AGH)=9) The Roach attempts to dodge, but he's not nearly fast enough. Impact. (Luck: 1) Fortunately for the Roach, and unfortunately for the Exterminator, it was a somewhat small tree. (1+1(TREE)=2 vs. 2+6(TGH)-2(AGH)=6) The Roach just looks the Exterminator in the eye. Then he shrugs.

The Roach (1+6(MND)=7) easily shakes off the fact that he's stunned. Then he's off, trying to whack the baby bird. (4-6(TRG)=-2 vs. 6-2(DEX)=4) The Roach promptly reaches the baby bird and caresses it lovingly.

Battle Droid knew that Master Ira wouldn't like that. So he shot first. "Die, Republic scum!" (1+1(TRG)=2 vs. 4+6(DEX)-2(AGH)=8) The Roach casually leaned backwards an inch. Miss.

Ira didn't like that. AUTO CANNON AHOY. (5 vs. 3+6(DEX)-2(AGH)=7) The Roach leaned backwards again, letting the oversized projectile go past him again. There goes another tree.
~~~
Two people descended from the sky.

One was named Ferdinando Alino. The other was named Johnathan the Invincible.

Ferdinando Alino (4+2(LUCK)=6)(tier: 2) felt a spear, tipped with crystal, appear in his hands.

Johnathan the Invincible (6+1(LUCK)=7)(tier: 3) noticed someone(a little girl) was standing next to him. She's wearing some sort of padded gloves...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19