Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858887 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10485 on: October 27, 2022, 12:36:22 pm »

Got my friends playing The Forest.

Tell one rather particular friend that it has a katana in it. Which is like his "thing." His "bit" that he likes to do. Any game that has a katana he will use it and only it, even if it completely sucks. Because he's taken the edgy memelord weeb thing and built a whole annoying persona around it.

So he gets the game. And the first thing he does is read the wiki to find out where the katana is, and disappear for 45 minutes after hot dropping into the game to go look for it.

It's always annoyed me, ever since we were kids, how he cannot think past his own self-gratification when it comes to gaming. He has to have the best thing immediately or he won't have fun. It's so juvenile and it's the reason I quit playing most kinds of games with him, particularly table top roleplaying. But we still play video games together. And his personal ethic on video games never fails to get under my skin too. He will look at an entire game, boil it down to one thing, obsess about that one thing and then make a meme out of that one thing until he bores himself out of playing.

And god help us if the Katana is underpowered.

I suspect he's modded Kenshi a bit...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: October 27, 2022, 08:32:01 pm »

Elon Musk has completed his purchase of Twitter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: October 27, 2022, 08:38:49 pm »

And fired all of the old executives, as one does in a corporate takeover.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: October 27, 2022, 10:32:14 pm »

I thought he wanted to back out, like a would-be groom with cold feet?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: October 27, 2022, 10:34:18 pm »

And fired all of the old executives, as one does in a corporate takeover.
Last I saw chatter his plan was to fire like 75% of twitter's workforce, so it'd make sense some of the execs got caught too.

Any case, standard reminder the healthy way to interact with twitter is "Don't." That won't change with musk taking over, ha.

I thought he wanted to back out, like a would-be groom with cold feet?
I mean he seemed to want to, but he fucked up so hard that ended up not really being an option :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: October 27, 2022, 10:42:45 pm »

He tried to but then Twitter sued him. I imagine he over-priced it, and then his other stocks lost value so lost his bottle.

They were in the early phases of the trial when he just gave up and said he’d buy it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: October 27, 2022, 11:07:34 pm »

Perhaps Putin promised to cover some of Musk’s costs if he would give the website a Russian bias.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: October 28, 2022, 04:35:11 am »

I set a pin number on my phone last night because I was making a CV with Europass but the app refused to work unless my phone had a pin.

So this morning I woke up to discover that I had forgotten this pin.

I have spent a solid two hours combing through the internet, asking the techiest person I know for help, messing with command prompt, using find my phone, and so far, nothing, absolutely nothing, has worked.

So I'm gonna have to give it to a techy friend back at home and hope he can help, since he'll have facilities and stuff I lack. Until then, I don't even have access to my college timetable because this laptop is brand new and has none of the pictures I took of my timetable stored on it.

And the worst bit is that if/when I give it to my techy friend I'm gonna have to warn him in advance of all the pictures of femboy fashion I have in my secure folder.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: October 28, 2022, 05:06:26 am »

Why make such a big stink about pulling out of buying this thing then buy it anyway?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: October 28, 2022, 05:46:02 am »

Why make such a big stink about pulling out of buying this thing then buy it anyway?
Because Musk is decidedly of average intelligence, and of far above average pettiness.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: October 28, 2022, 06:38:44 am »

The (stock) market forces.
The cost of acquisition vs the cost of litigation
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: October 28, 2022, 07:34:30 am »

Because Musk is decidedly of average intelligence, and of far above average pettiness.
I think he's intelligent, but only in certain areas. That combined with a horde of nerds inflating his ego to the size of a balloon (And a lot of narcissism) seems to have made him think that he knows literally everything.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10497 on: October 28, 2022, 09:30:49 am »

I think he's intelligent, but only in certain areas. That combined with a horde of nerds inflating his ego to the size of a balloon (And a lot of narcissism) seems to have made him think that he knows literally everything.
Every Lord needs capable advisors to guide them and capable officers to execute their orders; but look at how Elon Musk treated his personal assistant - he fired her and took on the personal workload himself; noticeably appearing more tired after doing so. It's rather akin to Napoleon Bonaparte taking on such a heavy workload himself that he ended up getting burned out to the point where he struggled to see the full picture anymore. A mediocre man who has this capable team around them will be able to do wondrous things, a talented man who is surrounded by yesmen cannot achieve very much at all

*EDIT
My suspicions are this; when you get rid of all the employees who've known you for a long time, you end up left with opportunists and people too scared of jeopardising their own career to give honest criticism when the big boss is talking about doing something foolish
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:39:40 am by Loud Whispers »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: October 29, 2022, 04:46:18 pm »

You ever have the feeling like you want to go home, when you're already home?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:01:14 pm by BlackFlyme »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: October 29, 2022, 08:06:20 pm »

All the time, ha. Though it's mostly exhaustion from trying to take care of a dementia patient and my own problems in my case, not what you've been describing that sounds like persistent abuse :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 779