Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859289 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10155 on: July 21, 2022, 02:23:24 am »

Having a fan helps with that somewhat but an AC is better.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: July 23, 2022, 04:11:53 pm »

My wifi connection was down for a while yesterday, and ever since then the "Show new replies" function here has completely and utterly broken and just instantly leads to a dead page. I have no idea how it's managed to bork itself like this, but I can still access the forum just fine (as evidenced with this post). I'll probably have to clear some cookies out, but eh... Effort.

Having a fan helps with that somewhat but an AC is better.

I always sleep better knowing my AC is a solid 17-18 minimum, but the fan does help for lighting dark passages at times.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: July 24, 2022, 07:46:38 pm »

I got probably some kind of heat exhaustion today and passed out at a water park! New experience. Lost all sense of sound and direction. Got carted off to the medical station. Very exciting, would not do again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: July 25, 2022, 04:11:38 am »

Stay hydrated Duna!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: July 25, 2022, 07:13:08 am »

Though if you're in America, not tap water!!

I just learned that it has disturbing levels of arsenic and lead in it. Which is insane.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: July 25, 2022, 08:42:23 am »

Truly, they are the new Rome. Vomitariums and orgies when?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: July 25, 2022, 08:52:15 am »

I just learned that it has disturbing levels of arsenic and lead in it. Which is insane.

Depends where you are.

My tap water is just crap, and was recently discovered to have ridiculous levels of PFAS chemicals too, so now I have two filter pitchers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: July 25, 2022, 09:32:49 am »

Truly, they are the new Rome. Vomitariums and orgies when?

👨‍🚀🔫👨‍🚀 always have been
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: July 25, 2022, 09:57:22 am »

Varies highly by region. Although I think I'd feel safer drinking American vs. European tap water any day of the week.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: July 25, 2022, 11:12:13 am »

San Francisco Bay Area tap water comes from the Hetch Hetchy reservoir which is basically the vessel for the efflux of heaven. It's better than pretty much all bottled water.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: July 25, 2022, 11:44:00 am »

You could bottle tap water and sell it as purified water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: July 25, 2022, 12:01:30 pm »

You could bottle tap water and sell it as purified water.

We have a place here that bottles and sells spingwater. Curiously, their spring ran dry decades ago, but they use a *lot* of tapwater for cleaning.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: July 25, 2022, 12:05:53 pm »

Varies highly by region. Although I think I'd feel safer drinking American vs. European tap water any day of the week.
What is wrong with the entirity of Europe's taps?

Well, when the locals tell you never to drink it and try to hand you water in a bottle that's been processed, I take that as a fair warning. Also, some of those water systems literally date back to medieval times. It's like America, but older and every country has its own ideas about purification and acceptable standards.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: July 25, 2022, 12:11:58 pm »

I have drunk my local tap water, and have not become ill yet. But, I am out in the country, not in a city. City water is where it tends to get icky.

I do have bottled water, though. Feelin pretty ok, debating on whether to go to the doctor as a follow-up? I have zero history of this sort of thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: July 25, 2022, 12:14:34 pm »

I have drunk my local tap water, and have not become ill yet. But, I am out in the country, not in a city. City water is where it tends to get icky.

I do have bottled water, though. Feelin pretty ok, debating on whether to go to the doctor as a follow-up? I have zero history of this sort of thing.

I’m under the impression heat exhaustion is a good time to go to see a medic, ‘cause it is a precursor to heatstroke, which is bad.

But you also live in the US and medical treatment is a privilege, not a right, unlike the right to gun down school kids.

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 779