Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858963 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9855 on: May 14, 2022, 05:34:46 pm »

UK actually put on a strong showing this year.

Is that a thing that made you mildly upset? :P It is a big difference though from their getting 0 points from the jury last year.

(For some reason I promised a friend to host it on discord, so now we are stuck through this painful hour of waiting.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: May 14, 2022, 05:56:57 pm »

I got COVID.
Thankfully, I got boosted two weeks ago, and I'm not feeling too awful (for a person with COVID).

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: May 14, 2022, 06:31:06 pm »

Thankfully, I got boosted two weeks ago, and I'm not feeling too awful (for a person with COVID).

Hope you'll get only mild symptoms.

When I got COVID around the turn of the year, I didn't even notice anything. I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't been hospitalized for other reasons (where it was noticed in routine COVID testing of all patients).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: May 14, 2022, 07:04:33 pm »

Russia is Asia but it is not *Asian*

prove me wrong lmao.  I feel like this is more than just a misconception, and is totally irrelevant to current events.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: May 14, 2022, 09:09:29 pm »

Geographically, it is only partially asian. Culturally, though there are many similarities between the Russian and Chinese governments, it is important not to conflate China with all of Asia.

I would say for example, that Russia has nothing in common with Japan.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: May 14, 2022, 10:19:27 pm »

It’s almost as though continents are big places with lots of different people on them, with varying histories and interactions among themselves.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9861 on: May 15, 2022, 03:52:53 pm »

The Eurasia as multiple continents is just bizarre, especially when the divide is into the two very unevenly big chunks of Europe and Asia. Thailand and Libanon should not belong to the same continent, if Libanon and Greece don’t.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: May 15, 2022, 04:12:16 pm »

Thailand and Libanon should not belong to the same continent, if Libanon and Greece don’t.

This doesn't make sense. You could then also say Tierra del Fuego and Bogota shouldn't belong to the same continent, if Bogota and Panama City don't. Yes, there are nearby cities on either side of a continental divide which are closer to each other than to cities on the opposite side of their own continents. That's just a consequence of diving the Earth's landmass into discrete chunks.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: May 16, 2022, 04:35:01 am »

What if we make every country its own continent, will that make everyone happy?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: May 16, 2022, 04:53:25 am »

I want the Scandi peninsula to be it's own continent. It's not fun living in such a big dick when it's incontinent
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: May 16, 2022, 09:00:17 am »

What if we make every country its own continent, will that make everyone happy?
Have you ever met an Angry Aussie?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: May 16, 2022, 09:21:08 am »

In mild upsets: Allergies. Augh. 100% itchy, 0% tasty. Eyeballs are sad and nose don't want none.

In moderate upsets: so I just moved with a friend a few hours away from friends/family so he can work his seasonal federal job (they don't pay him enough to where he could afford rent on his own). We get along great, it's for six months, my lease was up anyways, means my bills are halved. Yadda yadda. I work remotely, so my location doen't matter much.

He's got a chance and an application out for permanent position on the far side of the country, and if he gets it, he's going to bounce on his current job here and at this apartment. He's already offered that he'd fulfill his half of the bills in his absence if he gets the job, but the rent isn't much different from my last apartment and I'm not about to hold him to paying for something he's not using given he couldn't afford it alone to begin with. Less bills would still be more fun, but I make enough where it's not a major stressor and it'd make a lot more of a difference in my friend's pocket than mine.

It's just that I'd be out here in Bumfuck, Nowhere with no friends around for a few months when most of my enthusiasm for being out here was that I could kick it with this friend of mine. If he gets the job I'll be totally happy for him- I just won't be so happy for me, y'know?

Egh, and moving is such a pain in the ass, and I'd have to pack it all up alone...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: May 16, 2022, 10:22:47 am »

If I were you, I’d move in with the friend again, or at least near him. A good friend is one the most important things you can have in your life and they’re also such a rare find. Especially in this age.

You may think that moving across the country for one person kinda sounds a bit needy, but honestly I’d say the opposite. Most people take their friends for granted.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:24:51 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: May 16, 2022, 10:41:25 am »

Aye, it'd have to be when the lease is up here, though. His potential job is even more remotely located than this one and I don't know that there's enough internet out there to do mine, though.

His girlfriend is also moving; she's headed out to Colorado, a nice & cushy five hour drive from where his potential job is posted. Heading out that way would be an all right way to stay in their orbit. Plus, mountains.

Or maybe I throw job applications out internationally for shits & giggles, that'd give me a good excuse to jettison all this junk I've picked up over the last few years.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: May 18, 2022, 02:31:12 pm »

Doing more local government/utility audits. The amount of just...barely covering up corruption is depressing. I'd like to pretend there are things in place that will catch these things, but I noticed them last year when I first started this job and they're still happening.

I wish I could do something about this stuff  :-\
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 779