Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123582 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9840 on: May 10, 2022, 09:46:25 am »

Eh, it's a living.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: May 10, 2022, 12:02:08 pm »

FTFY. How did I do?
Pretty nice, you joker.  :P
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: May 11, 2022, 09:37:03 am »

So, the landlord came to visit today.

He's managed to sell the house and the new owner will take the reigns in July. Our rent contracts will continue, but I've got no idea if the new owner will want to keep us or if they have other plans. In the worst-case they'll cancel the lease, but even then we'll have 6 months time to find a new place.

So, things should be safe at least until the end of the year, but I'll certainly be stressing about my housing situation until I know more from the new owner and their plans.

It'd suck big time to have to move. I've lived here for over ten years and like the house (the landlord was great too). Moving would be a huge hassle as I'd have to rely on friends and such to help in packing because of my disabilities. Also, it's not so easy for me to find any apartments as I've managed to fuck up my financial situation when I was young and stupid (ok, I'm still dumb, but not so much, I hope).

Let's hope things go well.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: May 11, 2022, 10:03:42 am »

That's a stressful situation.
Do you not have laws protecting tenants?
Oevr here, if you have rented a place for 10 years, it is impossible (as in: forbidden by law) for a landlord, be it a new one or not, to terminate the lease.
Tenant rights > property owner rights
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 10:05:25 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: May 11, 2022, 11:49:39 am »

That's a stressful situation.

Yeah, and I have a tendency to stress out even of the simplest of things. And when I get stressed out it's really hard for me to collect the energy to do things that need to be done (which then stresses me even more, causing a nice little vicious circle).

Do you not have laws protecting tenants?

Unfortunately not as strong ones that many Western European countries have (I believe those laws were implemented after WWII, iirc).

Here, when the ownership changes, the contracts continue (in most cases anyway -- like should be the case in this one), but the new owner can end the contract if they want, though it'll take 6 months to take effect if the tenant has lived in the house over a year. If less than that, it's only 3 months (from the tenants side to end the contract, it's always 1 month).

At least the current landlord said the new owner is interested in keeping us, but I can't be certain about it before talking to them. I guess I'll know more within a couple of weeks after money changes hands.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: May 11, 2022, 12:00:28 pm »

I wish you a friendly new landlord, hope it all works out.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: May 12, 2022, 05:57:25 pm »

One day people from SPAAACE will look at our pictures of celestial objects like the Milky Way's first Black Hole pic and think 'damn, its a shame somebody dropped some nacho cheese on that picture'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: May 12, 2022, 07:53:43 pm »

It's within the realm of possibility that the substance of a black hole, a singularity, is the most delicious thing possible in the universe, and a great shame that 3.5-dimensional beings such as ourselves cannot lick it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: May 13, 2022, 02:08:01 am »

On the other hand, it's far more likely to just taste bad. At the very least, the sheer amount of stuff, and therefore flavor, in a singularity means some of the flavors are going to clash pretty intensely.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: May 13, 2022, 03:21:13 am »

It probably tastes like spaghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: May 13, 2022, 06:13:30 am »

This is technically old but I haven't been on the forum for eleven days so I'll say it anyway.

I hate lighting, since it ether hit my house or close enough to break shit, but it killed my TV, VCR, DVD player, WIFI rougher, Internet receiver thing, and the land line phone and the cables for it. So far the most of it has been replaced but I'm still holding out hope that a replacement fuse will save the VCR since those things are such a pain in the ass to get a hold of now days.

Also having to rebuild a huge run of barbwire fencing while a massive pain in the ass but add being swarmed by mosquitoes makes it a living hell. Fuck you mosquitoes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: May 13, 2022, 10:58:54 am »

I think part of the issue at least from the religious side is that the more preachy flavours seem to think it’s their job to “save” others according to their particular brand of Truthtm, so they’ll go out of their way to make a nuisance (or worse!) of themselves in order to achieve that particular goal, as though there’s a tally waiting for them at the end with someone carrying a clipboard expecting them to have met some kind of savior quota.

And that "or worse!" is what I risk if I ever try to get a boyfriend. The attitude against the gay is off the charts here. I will be a moving target for pretty much anyone a bit religious.

Even the heteronormativity culture here as a whole is warped into a hyperpatriachal clusterfuck of disjointed, ancient tradition. It doesn't even resembles anything anymore.

I have two options. Live my own being incomplete and always keep a part of myself a secret, while suffering through societal expectations that are impossible to tackle for me. Or take a huge leap of trust in a place dominated by a dead conglomerate husk of a culture puppeteered by a 7th century personality cult gone rogue after its leaders death.
I keep my relationship with my GF a secret IRL, just to be safe.

The son of a former dictator is more or less winning by the preview of the results of the voter turnout today.

Tiruin, if she's still around I would argue would feel the same.
I am in contact with her over Discord. She's depressed because of that.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: May 13, 2022, 03:10:22 pm »

My daughter has a fever over 101F.  Yay.  :-\

We're supposed to be traveling for vacation in 12 days.  Roll those incubation dice (for whatever it is)!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: May 14, 2022, 05:08:19 pm »

UK actually put on a strong showing this year.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 794