Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123613 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9735 on: March 15, 2022, 07:20:31 pm »

The same happened to my dog when she was a wee pup. I'm sure your vet warned you, but I'll reiterate just in case - keep jostling/impact to an absolute minimum. It can cause internal bleeding.

In my case, the dog got into a container of the stuff. A worrying period of time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 07:22:20 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: March 16, 2022, 08:12:04 pm »

Good job vcd14. My first pet dog, Barney, died from drinking antifreeze. I was obviously too young to be responsible, but his death really left an impression on me that I remember to this day.

I guess I'm just having a bad day. It's one of those days where I wish there was someone that would punish me for being a bad person. Like, just lash me, or stomp on me. I haven't really done anything to deserve it, but it would make me feel better. I've already said something like this before, so I won't expound on it. I just have to let time pass, that's the only thing that'll assuage it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: March 16, 2022, 08:15:35 pm »

You know, you can hire certain latex-clad individuals to mete out all the punishment you need, you naughty boy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: March 17, 2022, 09:36:07 am »

I believe Palazzo is volunteering.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: March 17, 2022, 09:56:14 am »

The vet told us to keep her indoors and to keep adminestering the medication, there's a whole miriad of rat poisons, they come in a million varieties and some of them are incredibly powerful and target the nervous system, I don't like using the poison, but that decision is not up to me, I think I'm gonna start looking into a way to control them without using the poison (it's also expensive as hell).
You need a cat.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: March 17, 2022, 10:13:50 am »

Man with all those stories we hear joshua, it's comprehensible how you internalised such views...

But hurting you now would achieve nothing even if it coincides with you inner attitude and provides some sort of katharsys.  We can not retroactively provide the outer household social pillars (teachers, neighbours coaches... just some perspicacious adult that takes the side of less priviledged kids ) you needed... I'm sure your mom had enough shit on her plate and did her very best (though tbf the best of some people is simply not enough as sad as that may be, not here to judge your family life, it just needed to be said). I've had like great adults pull me out of recess because they could tell, these people were saints...

Your self-reflecting and humble, eventhough I routinely loose all concern for the well-being of the people around me because I got a freaking short fuse, I could never hurt you. In my blindest rage I'd stomp 5 muggles then I see you in anticipation of an easy out and go "shit wtf am I doing, let's go cry it out"

Things don't happen to you because you have "ugly thoughts". You have "ugly thoughts" because things happened to you.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: March 18, 2022, 03:34:25 pm »

I guess I'm just having a bad day. It's one of those days where I wish there was someone that would punish me for being a bad person. Like, just lash me, or stomp on me. I haven't really done anything to deserve it, but it would make me feel better. I've already said something like this before, so I won't expound on it. I just have to let time pass, that's the only thing that'll assuage it.

People are not bad. People are not good. There are no such things as "good", or "bad" people. We are all liars, scoundrels and weirdos, in more ways than one.

We are what we are. We are our memories, experiences, and thoughts. You are too.

Let yourself heal you. More hurt won't help you.

You know, you can hire certain latex-clad individuals to mete out all the punishment you need, you naughty boy.

no
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: March 18, 2022, 04:19:06 pm »

I appreciate the support and concern guys. I'm fine.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: March 18, 2022, 04:21:38 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzaifhSw2c
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: March 18, 2022, 05:10:38 pm »

You see, I have this worldbuilding project called Nao. It's a habitable alien planet that houses like 17 sapient species all at once. I have an actual justification for this, but its too long for me to explain it all here. It's very good thought, I know people will love it. I put alot of thought into it.

I want to start posting about it on r/worldbuilding; after all, it's a large subreddit, about 850k members.

But as I see it, things are not as simple as that. Only the posts with well-made drawings accompanying them ever get attention. I have no such ability to draw.

I haven't posted about it there because of this. Only in the comments as answers to discussions.

I wanna share my work, but I want people to see it, you know? At least this roadblock gives me more time to  worldbuild.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: March 18, 2022, 07:32:59 pm »

Well... if you got some muns, there's always commission. There's also posting and then begging asking for artist collaboration, or just approaching artists you think might be interested and seeing if they bite.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: March 19, 2022, 06:33:26 pm »

You see, I have this worldbuilding project called Nao. It's a habitable alien planet that houses like 17 sapient species all at once. I have an actual justification for this, but its too long for me to explain it all here. It's very good thought, I know people will love it. I put alot of thought into it.

I want to start posting about it on r/worldbuilding; after all, it's a large subreddit, about 850k members.

But as I see it, things are not as simple as that. Only the posts with well-made drawings accompanying them ever get attention. I have no such ability to draw.

I haven't posted about it there because of this. Only in the comments as answers to discussions.

I wanna share my work, but I want people to see it, you know? At least this roadblock gives me more time to  worldbuild.
Creative Projects is calling your name. Its lonely down there!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: March 21, 2022, 11:09:37 am »

'hey you, test this thing'
'you really shouldn't be testing this thing, since it's actually testing another system and it's a big complicated one and we have an assigned resource for that'
(the thing is still wrong per the defect i submitted, which I know because i asked the assigned resource who is on my team)

'hey, test this thing- changes are in the attached screenshot. technical specifications detail the specific changes in the screenshot.'
'hey, that defect you reported isn't in the acceptance criteria, it's in the technical specifications, so it's not a defect, right?'

'hey, test this technical debt thing where we change when you can close object one related to the status of object two. object two is controlled by object three.'
(the status of object two has no bearing on being able to close object one, it's ENTIRELY dependent on the status of object three)

i'm either the bad guy for taking the acceptance criteria word for word literally or i'm the bad guy for extrapolating when the acceptance criteria is a goddamn screenshot.
this job is a headache some days

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: April 01, 2022, 02:35:02 pm »

Why would anyone make object one defendant on object two who can’t be changed unless object 3 changes? Why not just change object two and forgo the redundant third object? I’m not a programmer I’m just curious, also why would they ignore a defect?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: April 01, 2022, 02:51:14 pm »

Looming deadlines and the ability to definitively call a feature 'done' are good business reasons to want to ignore defects.

Oh, and for the third line, it turns out there's checks against object two AND three to close object one, so it was all kind of moot anyways. Unfortunately, it seems I have to know the software better than the developers do if I want to stay abreast of gotchas like this.

It's a little hard to generalize the system in a sensible way, so the description may not make sense out of context.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 794