Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1126783 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9135 on: July 31, 2021, 03:50:07 am »

I will say that having a ramp on the porch has helped greatly when it comes to moving anything large into a house, and I feel I prefer ramps into houses rather than stairs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: July 31, 2021, 12:33:03 pm »

Ramps are nice, sadly they seem to be rare compared to stairs, despite theoretically being easier to make

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: July 31, 2021, 02:04:44 pm »

It's mostly a space thing, to be fair. A ramp that isn't as much or worse of a fall hazard as a staircase is going to take up a fair bit more area, generally. The incline has to be pretty gentle or you're just as likely to bust your ass on it as you would your average set of stairs. Stairs are also a little more forgiving in terms of material, from what I've noticed... more stuff isn't going to appreciably make them more dangerous than for ramps.

Still, if you have the space and the means to acquire the right sorts of materials (which isn't difficult, it's just you can halfass stairs with 2x4s or whatever and that'll end up slicker than owl shit on a weather exposed ramp in ways it won't with stairs), go ramp. Just... go ramp, for you general domestic use.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: July 31, 2021, 05:49:11 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:16:57 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: July 31, 2021, 05:58:04 pm »

thisissupit makesthings tinierand higher up
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: July 31, 2021, 06:06:24 pm »

Andthenthere’ssuband/subthatgoestheotherway

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: August 01, 2021, 04:12:23 am »

andtheycanalsobemixedandmatched

Ooooooooooo

EDIT:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:32:55 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: August 01, 2021, 06:01:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: August 02, 2021, 03:47:29 pm »

I may have very slightly done a tiny little bit of tweaking the everloving fuck out of my lower back after hauling wood around today. I'm pretty sure I actually heard it chuckling at the ibuprofen I threw at it an hour or two ago.

I'm still young enough that I can wince and grunt and moan around the apartment for a day or two and be none too worse for it, but jesus, owwwwww.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: August 03, 2021, 11:04:45 am »

I was not overcome with paranoia but something like it

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: August 03, 2021, 11:10:02 am »

I was not overcome with paranoia but something like it
fear? Am guessing, I don’t know what you’re talking about

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: August 03, 2021, 10:55:30 pm »

Work is still really stressful. I'm just sitting at my computer answering calls and typing things, but a full workday leaves me feeling exhausted, like I just finished carrying heavy boxes around.

"Please stick to this script, and be thorough about it, and multitask by talking+typing+working+looking at emails+responding to the messages in your work chat room, also hurry the fuck up average time for each call is 7 minutes 30 seconds, also be certain to leave thorough documentation for each call, also the moment one call ends the next call automatically picks up and begins, ALSO the feature to delay the auto-pickup can be used BUT I'm going to arbitrarily restrict your usage of it depending on the amount of people in the queue WHICH YOU CAN'T SEE and too bad if the pace is too fast and you wind up making a fool of yourself in front of customers hurrying to do everything, just work faster... And don't forget, we're always spying on you, grading you, and even if the customer hangs up on you, we'll dock you points because you couldn't fit in the prescribed closing lines before he hung up and the next customer picked up....

oh, and we've added more procedures, and the rules have changed, and it's your responsibility to keep on top of these changes.

And be certain to remain cheery for the customer, even though you don't even get a chance to breath between calls."

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: August 04, 2021, 02:10:20 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:17:40 am by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: August 04, 2021, 02:58:01 pm »

JoshuaFH, I've got to ask... why remain in that particular job? Do they pay well or have good benefits or flexible schedule?  Sounds like a terrible work environment.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: August 04, 2021, 04:15:24 pm »

JoshuaFH, I've got to ask... why remain in that particular job? Do they pay well or have good benefits or flexible schedule?  Sounds like a terrible work environment.

Today was a bit better, if only because I got a greater number of easygoing customers, and I felt like a well-tenderized steak throughout the day and could remain calm under pressure.

Yeah I'm wondering where I can apply, I really don't know how I can flourish at a job like this.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 795