Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127219 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9090 on: July 19, 2021, 01:22:37 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:11:33 am by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: July 19, 2021, 06:24:23 pm »

I'd take droll Turkish internet over our propaganda hellscape any day.

And I like memes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: July 19, 2021, 07:07:32 pm »

And I like memes.

Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at. Turkish propaganda is not motivating or even a bit emotional. It's just... soulless. It has no distinct flavor. It isn't even snark material. As if they are holding the voicer on gunpoint.

It's a prevalent problem here. Media is, just it. What its supposed to be. What it is expected to be. Things are all forced, whitewashed and artificial. Kids shows, Sitcoms, Documentaries, News, all of 'em
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: July 19, 2021, 07:14:02 pm »

And I like memes.

Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at. Turkish propaganda is not motivating or even a bit emotional. It's just... soulless. It has no distinct flavor. It isn't even snark material. As if they are holding the voicer on gunpoint.

It's a prevalent problem here. Media is, just it. What its supposed to be. What it is expected to be. Things are all forced, whitewashed and artificial. Kids shows, Sitcoms, Documentaries, News, all of 'em
Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at.]Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at.

Yeah. FOR YOU  :P

I would be sad at the state of other media, though, for sure.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:46:32 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: July 19, 2021, 07:39:57 pm »

Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at.

Yeah. FOR YOU  :P

I would be sad at the state of other media, though, for sure.

"http://Oh come on. Your propaganda is probably at least funny to snark at." isn't a valid url. :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:45 pm »

It is not. It is not showing up

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: July 20, 2021, 12:47:10 pm »

I refuse to admit that I clicked the wrong button in haste, because it is a liberal plot to make me look incompetent.

Dammit, he's right.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: July 20, 2021, 01:07:58 pm »

What if someone added .com to the end of it and made it a valid url just because?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: July 20, 2021, 02:19:58 pm »

The puppy has become a living reminder of the reasons why I'm not a dog person. At first I thought it might be fine, but as he's gotten over the shock of being taken to a new home to live with a new family and started being himself I've been finding him progressively more annoying and dog-like.

If I ever have kids, and if they ever ask for a dog, they're getting a lizard. I can handle lizards. I like lizards.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: July 20, 2021, 02:29:08 pm »

Puppies are a lot of effort regardless, tbh. Decently trained doggo with a nice personality can be pretty good.

Puppy is not decently trained. Training a puppy is a fairly substantial amount of work to do right, and until that point they're basically rampaging shit machines, like human babies except it's legal to sell them if they get too annoying.

If you're not a dog person you probably shouldn't have a puppy, heh. Leave that to someone that knows what they're doing and enjoys the experience, y'know? Anyway, g'luck, don't punt the puppy, etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: July 20, 2021, 03:20:24 pm »

Only 1/5 people in the house actually wanted the the puppy. Specifically my mother wanted one, despite the fact we have a cat who doesn't like most other animals, my brother and I dislike dogs, my dad didn't see the point and my SiL thought it was a bad idea to get one.

I've been stuck with taking care of it from 8:30-5:00 every weekday so far and I massively prefer basically every other type of animal I've met to dogs anyway.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: July 20, 2021, 03:27:47 pm »

Well then, now you know what you need to do. Train the puppy to poop in your mother's shoe.

Just sayin', it's a fairly quick and effectice way to get someone to not want a puppy anymore.
Ask not!
Ask!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: July 20, 2021, 03:35:14 pm »

Given how much she spent on the thing I doubt that would work.

I think I just need to tough it out until it's big enough that I can stop spending 8 hours a day keeping it company and mopping up pee, so I can get back to focusing on my own pets. The tortoise and snake barely get out at the moment because the dog is teething and I am not letting him near my pets while he wants to chew things constantly.

Also the part of the garden that was great for taking them both out in now has dog pee and trampled plants, so that area isn't suitable for them anymore.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: July 20, 2021, 04:00:25 pm »

... wait, spent? It's pure bred, or are you just talking the basic vet care stuff? 'Cause pure bred will... probably be worse for you. Mutts are generally just kinda' better in every way, in my experience.

Also sounds a lot like the primary owner is neglecting them on top of everything else, if you're the primary caretaker ~half the day, which extra sucks. Dunno how well toughing it out will work, though. Just the house training (i.e. no more mopping up piss) takes a good 4-6 months, and that's if the folks involved are actually doing what they're supposed to be doing.

... but yeah, best wishes. I was actually in a similar situation recently-ish, but there wasn't much money spent on it so sunk cost didn't get involved and I was able to convice the person that got the puppy to get rid of it in relatively short order. Wasn't, uh. Wasn't exactly a happy ending 'cause the person they foisted the puppy on ultimately ran said puppy over and killed it, but, um. It was a ending? I guess.
Ask not!
Ask!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: July 20, 2021, 04:44:55 pm »

The dog's a cockapoo, a miniature poodle crossed with a cocker spaniel, and they're apparently a hot commodity as dogs go, cost nearly as much as getting a new wood floor installed in the hall and living room. My mum decided she loved the one my aunt and uncle in Australia have a few years back after visiting them, and spent the last couple of years trying to convince everyone else in the family that we should get a dog. Nevermind that we had several pets that don't do well with dogs already.  ::)

If it was basically any other animal I could leave it alone for an hour or two at a time to see to other stuff, but I'm not supposed to put him in his crate and leave him for more than about ten minutes at a time and it's getting to me because I feel bad for not spending more time with my reptiles.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 795