Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127217 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9075 on: July 14, 2021, 01:26:38 pm »

If they're non-offending they should stay deep in the closet. It's literally impossible for me to not treat them like trash. They disgust me to my very core. I can't explain why. If I found out my friend was a pedo I'd cut off all communications.

Maybe something's wrong with me, I don't know. But I can't talk to a pedo without wanting to throw something heavy or sharp at them through the computer screen.

I'm gonna maybe really regret saying this, but I knew a guy and was in a social circumstance where I was obligated to make small talk with him 3-4 times a week. I found out about his proclivities when he offended and got sent to jail. I felt so guilty for not having figured him out. There were loads of other people around him/us who didn't figure him out either, though. That was about 5 years ago.

I'm completely sympathetic to your point of view, which to the best of my knowledge is the majority point of view. But it's also really hard for me to wish nothing but ill on someone who I knew for a while. He's going to lose a decade of his life, anyway, which does mean something. So I did some reading because I wanted to understand what the fuck was going on.

I think the most important thing to remember is that most people who hurt kids, actually don't have a paraphilia. They're just "normal people." And they hurt kids anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: July 15, 2021, 06:18:02 am »

Friend of mine got pepper sprayed by the cops.

Worst thing is that I've been arguing against the very cops who pepper sprayed my friend even having the damn stuff.

I hate being right sometimes.  And it had to be someone I know.

There is limited recourse for holding individual law enforcement officers responsible.  In order to single out the bad cop, the victim is identified, opening them up to police harassment.  Best advice generally is to just walk it off, not make it worse.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: July 17, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »

Was enjoying a nice afternoon out on the lawn with my dog and my podcast and a goddamn wasp decided to come over and sting me in the back of the knee. Little militant asshole got stuck in my skin and I got to yank it off and toss it across the yard  but I got all that lovely venom to enjoy now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9078 on: July 18, 2021, 06:34:11 am »

Shit man. What the hell can you do, who do you report the police to?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: July 18, 2021, 09:09:03 pm »

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: July 18, 2021, 09:12:17 pm »

what language/code is this?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: July 18, 2021, 09:17:40 pm »

Latin, iirc. Google thinks so, too. It's a fairly famous saying, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: July 18, 2021, 09:48:26 pm »

Thanks

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: July 19, 2021, 01:14:43 am »

My best guess after my mostly forgotten Latin:

Quis.... I want to say "those who are" but that's mostly by syntax.
Custodiet, Custodes are police.  Oh right custodes appears after ("custodes" is common in Latin).  So what does "custodiet" mean?

And ipsos.  I should know ipsos!  It's like, ipso-facto, right?  Ironically I don't remember anything about ipso from my 3 semesters of Latin education.

So...  We have a statement that's about the Custodes (enforces) twice but with two different meanings.  That should be easy... *breath*

Ohh, ohoh.  I think I know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: July 19, 2021, 07:36:40 am »

Turkish web is booooriiiiiiing! It's dull, simple, uniform, overly serious, and has no distinct web cultures formed inside it. Fanart? Fanfiction? Forum games? Memes that are actually funny? Nope. All of the fun and creative things that are fairly common here are seemingly alien to them. No nuance, no creativity, nothing. Just mundane things, conversations and questions. Not even the most basic of text-based games, like word association.

My parents are all like ''Why don't you spend time on the internet in you main language, instead of spending time with the foreigners? We can't understand it.'' I can't share thoughts with people I can't relate. They also can't relate with me. I will come out as weird. Most things I write here will come out strange and clumsy in Turkish anyways.

I am not worked up about it as I may seem, as I have the entire English speaking web at my mouse range and couldn't care less about there, yet it kinda sucks to not have a place on the internet to use you first language and have fun, you know?

The thing I am sad about is that they aren't dumb, or flawed or anything like that. In fact they are a very varied and diverse group of people. They easily could have a healthy and fun online culture developed. Yet no such thing happened for like more than two decades as far as I am aware.

Why are they like this?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: July 19, 2021, 08:46:01 am »

You could put your abilities to good use by criticizing the grammar/pronunciation in Age of Empires representations of Turkish!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: July 19, 2021, 09:40:41 am »

You could put your abilities to good use by criticizing the grammar/pronunciation in Age of Empires representations of Turkish!

See? I can't relate.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: July 19, 2021, 12:46:13 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:11:26 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: July 19, 2021, 12:52:25 pm »

Turkish web is booooriiiiiiing! It's dull, simple, uniform, overly serious, and has no distinct web cultures formed inside it. Fanart? Fanfiction? Forum games? Memes that are actually funny? Nope. All of the fun and creative things that are fairly common here are seemingly alien to them. No nuance, no creativity, nothing. Just mundane things, conversations and questions. Not even the most basic of text-based games, like word association.

My parents are all like ''Why don't you spend time on the internet in you main language, instead of spending time with the foreigners? We can't understand it.'' I can't share thoughts with people I can't relate. They also can't relate with me. I will come out as weird. Most things I write here will come out strange and clumsy in Turkish anyways.

I am not worked up about it as I may seem, as I have the entire English speaking web at my mouse range and couldn't care less about there, yet it kinda sucks to not have a place on the internet to use you first language and have fun, you know?

The thing I am sad about is that they aren't dumb, or flawed or anything like that. In fact they are a very varied and diverse group of people. They easily could have a healthy and fun online culture developed. Yet no such thing happened for like more than two decades as far as I am aware.

Why are they like this?

Because nobody has started it yet! You can start it!

My best guess after my mostly forgotten Latin:

Quis.... I want to say "those who are" but that's mostly by syntax.
Custodiet, Custodes are police.  Oh right custodes appears after ("custodes" is common in Latin).  So what does "custodiet" mean?

And ipsos.  I should know ipsos!  It's like, ipso-facto, right?  Ironically I don't remember anything about ipso from my 3 semesters of Latin education.

So...  We have a statement that's about the Custodes (enforces) twice but with two different meanings.  That should be easy... *breath*

Ohh, ohoh.  I think I know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it's actually "who cleans the cleaners"
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: July 19, 2021, 01:11:17 pm »

It was also read as “who guards the guards” as another possibility as well as “who watches the watchers” from the top website blurb Google gives
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 795