Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858891 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8460 on: January 01, 2021, 01:43:46 am »

Flash support ended.

I bet I could still use an old browser to play the games of my childhood but still.
It makes me more than mildly sad, honestly. It's the end of an era that, for better or worse, we may never see anything like again.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: January 01, 2021, 07:04:15 am »

I feel restricted by the fact that my parents video call me every week. I'm annoyed. Uni's supposed to be the time you're given the freedom to do whatever you want (give or take), and the fact that they keep wanting to check up on me as if I'm not gonna be fine each week is really striking a nerve. I know they're my parents, I know it's paternal instinct, but it's grating as hell to repeat the same few points over and over. Ugh.

I don't want to be disowned, I just want them to understand that part of seeing your child grow up is that they'll leave you eventually. Let me leave, goddamn it! I stated the former directly to my mom (don't worry, she's used to my blunt "consoling"), but she doesn't seem to have applied that knowledge.

It's hilariously asymmetrical, the disparity in how much I miss my parents and how much my parents miss me. I don't care; I'm staying on campus until semester break. My parents, however, miss me so much that they may as well be thinking I've gone to war.

I feel like a rebellious teenager, or maybe Napoleon Dynamite; " Ugh, I do what I want."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: January 01, 2021, 07:24:54 am »

If you don't want to talk to them that often why don't you just not answer when they call?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: January 01, 2021, 10:07:18 am »

I know that a call every week might seem like often to you, and I don't want to make that feeling seem invalid (because it's not and you shouldn't feel like you're wrong to feel that), I just want to say that to me, once a week seems pretty normal. Remember that in addition to normal parental worry right now there's also corona interfering and heightening anxieties in general.

Remember that even if you feel like they don't think you're going to be fine, those phone calls is they see that you are in fact able to take care of yourself.

I certainly understand the wish to be your own and have felt that exact way myself, but having seen how my own brother's unwillingness to keep in touched has worried our parents over the years and how sad it makes them, I have a lot more tolerance for their concerns than I might otherwise.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: January 01, 2021, 02:17:16 pm »

Yeah my parents-in-law expect a phone call every day from my wife.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: January 01, 2021, 02:50:44 pm »

My parents didn't want me to take a walk without my cellphone "in case they needed me" until . . . like this year. I'm in my thirties :V

I know it's annoying, but once a week is a good amount. Just enjoy the rest of the week alone.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: January 01, 2021, 05:36:36 pm »

My family's the type where they make zero effort to make contact yet every meeting with them starts with the airing of grievances about how I never call them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: January 01, 2021, 05:39:11 pm »

Carrying a cellphone while taking a walk is a good idea anyway.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: January 01, 2021, 05:50:58 pm »

how else would you catch pokemon? <_<

but yeah 2nd what others said. they might seem a bit overbearing now but i think it's really nice that you parents care enough to keep in regular contact and wonder how you are doing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: January 01, 2021, 06:56:47 pm »

Flash support ended.

I bet I could still use an old browser to play the games of my childhood but still.
It makes me more than mildly sad, honestly. It's the end of an era that, for better or worse, we may never see anything like again.
It makes me more than mildly upset, but it's okay.  The Flashpoint Project has preserved *most* of the works.  It could be worse.

how else would you catch pokemon? <_<
This :D
but yeah 2nd what others said. they might seem a bit overbearing now but i think it's really nice that you parents care enough to keep in regular contact and wonder how you are doing.
This, I guess...  It can be very frustrating sometimes, though.  Particularly this year, when they keep inviting me over to feed me types of food I'm not eating.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: January 01, 2021, 09:00:45 pm »

The thing bugging me most about the flash support ending is that bit where they also say they're going to prevent the player from working outright at the end of the month, really.

Like... it's a weird step I don't see often when projects discontinue support, and kinda' makes me wonder what they've screwed up so badly with it they think it's needed, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: January 01, 2021, 10:00:15 pm »

The thing bugging me most about the flash support ending is that bit where they also say they're going to prevent the player from working outright at the end of the month, really.

Like... it's a weird step I don't see often when projects discontinue support, and kinda' makes me wonder what they've screwed up so badly with it they think it's needed, y'know?
This program is not a program of honor...

The future generations must be warned of the toxicity of Adobe Flash
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: January 01, 2021, 10:55:33 pm »

Security holes I think is the big thing. Also they might feel obligated to release security patches or other patches if problems crop up while the player is technically no longer supported but still used in some places.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: January 04, 2021, 11:02:52 am »

(General anger, righteous indignation about fake MicroSD cards)
(Something about advertised capacity not remotely close to true capacity)
(Fates worse than death for the thieves that sell, distribute or manufacture such fakes)

In conclusion, fuck those people. I'm not even gonna spend the time to give those thoughts actual form; that would be more effort than the scam artists put into making these wastes of silicon, metal and plastic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: January 04, 2021, 08:46:31 pm »

The way you express abstract angry feelings like that is very mood.

Also yeah, damnation to the company responsible.  Particularly the shareholders and CEO.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 779