Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 793

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1115506 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8115 on: September 02, 2020, 07:24:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:14:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: September 02, 2020, 07:34:40 am »

That seems like a song lyric.

In other news, I've got no idea how to help people who are in emotional distress of any sort. Anxiety, sadness, worry, grieving? I have no idea what to say. I care, dammit, but I don't know how to communicate that or how to help.

This is the main reason I don't deserve friends, as it means I'm by definition a fair-weather friend at best.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: September 02, 2020, 07:48:01 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:14:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: September 02, 2020, 10:00:53 am »

Had to turn down a wedding invitation from a friend because the plague situation at work seems to be escalating and I don't want to risk that shit any more than I have to. Hell I'll be missing my cousins birthday as well. So all my plans are getting dumped on because some assholes didn't think they should be careful with their fucking social gatherings.

That coupled with some pay fuckery they pulled earlier that I only fully realized today when the bank report came in finally pushed me firmly into the 'get the fuck out of here asap' territory. Was debating quitting this year but was never too sold on the idea since a reliable source of income is a tough thing to give up, especially once you've gotten into the routine, however mind-numbing it might be.

Already got my eyes on a job offer but I'm not sure if I'll pass mustard on that one (or however that's used). So uh, exciting times ahead I guess, but not necessarily of the good kind :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: September 02, 2020, 02:02:58 pm »

That seems like a song lyric.

In other news, I've got no idea how to help people who are in emotional distress of any sort. Anxiety, sadness, worry, grieving? I have no idea what to say. I care, dammit, but I don't know how to communicate that or how to help.

This is the main reason I don't deserve friends, as it means I'm by definition a fair-weather friend at best.

Just being there is good, even if you don’t know what to say. A lot of the time people aren’t looking for people to help them solve an issue, just listen to it and understand how they feel.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: September 02, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »

Generally, stay calm, and ask them if there's anything you can do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: September 03, 2020, 08:04:39 am »

Currently dealing with I think the worst bout of insomnia/sleeplessness I've had in like the last... decade or something like that. Since high school, maybe the early bits of college. Round a hour (around noon yesterday) worth of sleep since Tuesday night, which I think was less than I normally get, too.

Have mostly had this shit on lock after it being close to endemic during middle/high school (pretty sure the big reason why I literally don't remember basically all of my middle school years), generally the worst incursions only had me up till like maybe two or four in the morning or something, and that only maybe two or three times a year.

It was pretty miserable then, and I'm finding it certainly isn't less miserable like a dozen years later. Frumple is officially too old for this shit. Calling into work in a bit, 'cause I probably don't need to be driving like this :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: September 03, 2020, 11:38:44 am »

Oh hey, you know what's worse than feeling shitty about having to miss out on a birthday because you're afraid you might fucking infect everyone?

Having your goddamn sibling go and I literally quote "it's not like I'll be sitting in anyone's lap, it'll be fine"

Yes, here I am feeling like an ass having to cut social interaction to a minimum because my coworkers are careless assholes and you go and completely invalidate that. Thank you, really, what I really needed now was having what little agency I felt capable of being completely fucked.

Huh, guess this would count as more than a mild upset, but the rage thread got nuked so here we are :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: September 03, 2020, 01:24:25 pm »

Jesus wept. Mildly upset falls far short

So today I had a query from another team. I gave some advice, which said team decided to ignore for whatever reasons while telling me fait accompli and off-hand (NOTHING HAPPENED in the end but that was pure sheer dumb luck on their part. What they did was of tremendous risk).  ANyways, trying to do some damage control (this was before I found out about those guy´s dumb luck), I tried to contact said team to no avail. Switch puts me through to the junior oncall for general medics, who is full speed ahead into a "not my job"  excuse and tried to pull out a "you´re screaming at me!" (which I countered quickly as she was the only one screaming). In the end she stuck to the "Not my job" (more dumb luck. if something happened it WOULD be her job) but at least told me where the guy was. At which point I was able to ascertain that against all expectations they´d managed not to butcher him. We´ll see how it goes but really a bullet was dodged due to pure sheer idiot´s luck, because apparently I was the only one who gave a shit about the whole situation.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 01:26:58 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: September 03, 2020, 04:29:28 pm »

I suppose asking for details of their stupidity violates some kind of privacy thing?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: September 03, 2020, 05:50:55 pm »

Yeah, what's the name of the hospital we need not consider when seeking one for treatment? :P

In my unhappy HIPAA related news, one of our patients started crying for some reason, and I've learned that hearing people cry bothers me a great deal. Told the nurse to give them a visit, I'm not allowed to interact with the patients myself, no license and all that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: September 03, 2020, 05:52:39 pm »

Probably. 0 consequences so far, but if you empty a gun magazine into a crowd it's still wrong, even if you miraculously dont hit anyone. I guess it can be dressed up in many ways. In my book it's still reckless, I talked with some friends and they also found it ludicrulously dangerous.

I specially didn't appretiate the junior lashing out at me, given that I'm likely one of the most supportive and approachable folks towards juniors in this landmass. I dont usually pull rank, and I am approachable. This is remarked by my juniors btw, not a self-granted medals. I get good results out of my philosophy (*good* juniors tend to appretiate it and work harder). Sometimes you meet ungrateful shits, though. Bonus points because in this particular case if shit hit the fan I'm one of the few people who'd be able to help her out of the mess.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:54:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: September 03, 2020, 09:54:56 pm »

The remastered opening song for Crystal Chroncles feels overly dramatic. I prefer the original version.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: September 04, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »

Accidentally hit "close other tabs" instead of "close tab". Welp.   
Hopefully there wasn't anything too important that I was procrastinating on in the... many tabs I was unable to recover. I kinda wish there was a prompt to confirm actions like that, or at least that the buttons weren't right next to each other.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: September 04, 2020, 06:13:42 pm »

Middle click on tabs to close them!
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 793