Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1116342 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7230 on: April 03, 2020, 10:39:16 pm »

Retail also, but two days a week. I concur. All the 18 yr olds at work just act like normal and look at me weird when I back away from them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: April 04, 2020, 03:26:02 am »

I also work rehabilitate in a grocery store, three days a week.

Why don't you let children inside?
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: April 04, 2020, 03:48:37 am »

My guess is that you can't be sure that the kids are practicing social distancing and proper hygiene (and etc.) while inside the store. Kids are hard to control, and that becomes a huge liability if they do anything stupid that might spread disease. The thing is, you can't really expect them to not be stupid; they're kids. You can't expect them to follow directions as properly as we need them to. They don't quite understand the gravity of the current situation, and they'll act as if everything is normal.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: April 04, 2020, 04:02:18 am »

In Sweden we just tie them to the front of the shop cart
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: April 04, 2020, 05:36:04 am »

This past week has been absolute shite. Started getting sick on Sunday night, been housebound ever since. It's not corona virus according to the test results. But that doesn't narrow it down much. Feels like bronchitis to me. Just full of snot and constantly coughing. Mucinex has been ineffective. I've been trapped in the house with my brother and his gf and they've both been a couple of passive aggressive twats for the last month. Disinvited me from dnd and didn't mention mom came by and dropped off the Mucinex.

She came by again and dropped off ice cream and pizza, so that's nice. Oh, and I don't have to go to work.
But I don't get paid leave either, since I've only been there a week.

It's 3 am and I can't sleep im too uncomfortable and it's too hot in here. I have to keep the window closed or the baby will get cold bc the wall between us is apparently uninsulated and he's sick too and that would be dangerous.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:39:16 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: April 04, 2020, 11:16:19 am »

I also work rehabilitate in a grocery store, three days a week.

Why don't you let children inside?

Basically what methylatedspirit said. Allegedly to put fewer people at risk.

It said pets aren’t allowed in either, but pets aren’t allowed in anyway so I’m not sure why they need a covid-19 warning sign to remind people.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: April 04, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »

So, in my dwarf fortress game I had a problem with a werehorse pandemic.

Initial containment efforts (quarantine and personal hygiene through magma baths of the afflicted) failed, so I had to go for a mitigation strategy (I walled in my vampire major and locked the rest of the fort in a room).
Now I need to
1: get rid of that last werehorse survivor
2: wait for a new migrant wave
3: clean the carnage.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: April 04, 2020, 02:08:58 pm »

So, in my dwarf fortress game I had a problem with a werehorse pandemic.

Initial containment efforts (quarantine and personal hygiene through magma baths of the afflicted) failed, so I had to go for a mitigation strategy (I walled in my vampire major and locked the rest of the fort in a room).
Now I need to
1: get rid of that last werehorse survivor
2: wait for a new migrant wave
3: clean the carnage.

4: Bust the ghosts.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: April 04, 2020, 02:26:00 pm »

I have a stockpile of memorials and coffins foe what might happen. Yes, I pulled a Boris Johnson on that fort.

PD: If you need to deal with a werehorse epidemic, here's my solution:

1- ISOLATE THE WEREHORSES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. The more that the disease spread, the more likely that you'll have to purge your entire fort.

2- Go full uriah on them: Create squads and send them over and over to pillage goblin fortresses barehanded, until they stop coming back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:55:11 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: April 05, 2020, 12:24:12 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:27:03 pm by Eschar »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: April 05, 2020, 05:51:32 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:04:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: April 05, 2020, 08:08:00 am »

Eschar the useless fair-weather friend

Don't worry eschar, I heard a friend with weed is better
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: April 05, 2020, 01:23:10 pm »

The internet cannot answer a question like "should pea gravel in my french drain be hard like concrete".

I have a drainage problem and have dug around the drain. There is lots of pea gravel, but it's really hard; when I uncovered the pipe, there was enough pressure in the pipe so that it was gushing out of the exposed drain slits until the water got below the opening - this means it's just not draining from the length of the pipe, which kind of matches my observation that it's just all gushing out from one spot (and causing erosion) instead of nicely along the length of the pipe.

I've it all cleared away, but don't quite know what to replace it with.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: April 06, 2020, 02:07:42 pm »

I created my Windows boot key today, and the tool had a "more information" button in relation to some BIOS setting I'd have to change. I clicked it, and what was there but a big ole MICROSOFT IS TEH EVULZ1!!111! rant... followed by a handful of sentences about what I actually needed to do, followed by three more paragraphs of ranting.

Dude, I'm building a PC and I just need to know what buttons to press. If I wanted a textbook-sized argument about how Microsoft is actually Satan and mainstream Linux adoption is coming any time no really, I'd go to 4chan or something. Just tell me the facts and then politely get out of my way.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: April 06, 2020, 02:36:06 pm »

mainstream Linux adoption is coming any time no really,

Made me smile.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 794