Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859284 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6465 on: November 02, 2019, 04:52:56 pm »

I just had kinda a rotten day off. Woke up too early, have to spend the whole night alone and tired; forced myself to stay awake no matter how miserable I felt; went to bed in the morning; woke up too early AGAIN! I'm using the restroom like crazy, but it's my bladder getting filled to bursting in my sleep that forces me awake. And then I can't get back to sleep. Come on body, cooperate with me here.

Also, a mild sad.

It's funny because it's true.

Edit: fixed tags.

Insulin costs three quarters of a million?

Sure. And also a magic witch will give it to you for free if you've kept the spirit of Halloween alive in your hear all the year.

At least, it's just as likely as someone putting other expensive drugs in kid's candy intentionally.

[invis]Looks like ~$4k/year if you make a bottle last 2 weeks, which is slow from what I've seen, so maybe $6-8 is a better estimate. Plus needles and whatever.[/invis]

Edit:I can't remember the correct tag, and I've decided it's close enough.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:57:04 pm by Iduno »

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: November 02, 2019, 05:43:36 pm »

Maybe it's not you cooperating with your body

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: November 02, 2019, 06:53:41 pm »

I think I need to put new thermal paste on my old laptop.  It's from... 2007.  Any time it's doing anything other than idling, my temperature monitor says it's running as much as up to 100C.  Yes, not a typo.  Not healthy....

No, I don't really want to upgrade either.  Moving my information over is not something I really want to do.  *sigh* first world problems...

EDIT: My fans are working properly, and are not blocked.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:56:23 pm by McTraveller »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: November 02, 2019, 11:56:50 pm »

I just had kinda a rotten day off. Woke up too early, have to spend the whole night alone and tired; forced myself to stay awake no matter how miserable I felt; went to bed in the morning; woke up too early AGAIN! Come on body, cooperate with me here.

Also, a mild sad.

It's funny because it's true.

Edit: fixed tags.

Insulin costs three quarters of a million?

Obviously that's meant to be the bill accumulated over time, google says it now costs approaching $500 a month. If you had to take insulin at those prices from when you were a kid, lifetime costs would indeed approach half a million dollars or so. So it's exaggerated, but it's not sky-high exaggerated.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: November 03, 2019, 04:32:35 pm »

Sprained a muscle on my right side when I was getting out of bed this morning. It's not too terrible and it'll pass in a day or two, but it makes certain movements impossible, like general turning of my entire upper torso :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: November 04, 2019, 01:50:02 am »

I got a broken Xiaomi Redmi 2 from my friend. It bootloops whenever it turns on, and I thought that reflashing the stock ROM through fastboot would fix it.

Turns out, nope. It still bootloops, and the only thing it boots into is fastboot mode. I'm back at square one. At least it's not my (or my friend's) main phone. All this thing is now is a white vibrating piece of plastic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:52:27 am by methylatedspirit »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: November 04, 2019, 03:58:22 am »

All this thing is now is a white vibrating piece of plastic.
Well hey there.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: November 04, 2019, 09:05:27 am »

I think I need to put new thermal paste on my old laptop.  It's from... 2007.  Any time it's doing anything other than idling, my temperature monitor says it's running as much as up to 100C.  Yes, not a typo.  Not healthy....

No, I don't really want to upgrade either.  Moving my information over is not something I really want to do.  *sigh* first world problems...

EDIT: My fans are working properly, and are not blocked.

Probably everything is caked in dust. And laptop screws aren't good about staying in once they're removed (they're mostly held in with a weak glue). I should glue the screws back in my laptop. It's supposed to force you to replace instead of fix things.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: November 04, 2019, 06:35:12 pm »

I was under the impression that the greatdisorder was gone, but apparently it isn't...?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: November 04, 2019, 06:45:12 pm »

Nope, it still happens in the threads

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: November 04, 2019, 07:25:04 pm »

Probably everything is caked in dust.
I should've clarified that by "my fans are working properly and aren't blocked" I meant "I opened my case, blew out all the dust, and checked the fans were working properly."  I didn't have any thermal paste/grease on hand, so I didn't actually take things far enough apart to look at the CPU to heatsink interface.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: November 04, 2019, 07:54:19 pm »

I wish I could say something useful here, but I do not know much about computers

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:11 pm »

Last time that happened to me it was indeed the CPU fan.

But yeah go ahead and check the thermal paste there, 12 years is probably enough time for it to either degrade or migrate.

Thermal paste is relatively cheap, too.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: November 04, 2019, 10:59:07 pm »

None of them looks particularly British ;)

Do having problems reading faces transfer to problems reading smileys and emoticons and such? Or are they too exaggerated to be an issue?  :) :) :) :-X :-X :-X 8) 8) 8)
I forgot to answer thus, the emojis are too exaggerated to be an issue

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: November 05, 2019, 02:14:28 am »

The "race that stops the nation" has also stopped most of the shops from opening today. I'd planned on buying bread from the little grocer/deli a block away, but they were shut so I ended up going across the street and spending my three bucks on a packet of wasabi-flavoured seaweed strips instead. Tasty, but not so practical.   

I look forward to seeing all the footage of hilariously drunk bogans stumbling over one another at the race track, at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 779