Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859240 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5175 on: January 19, 2019, 10:27:34 pm »

deep dream is a hell of a drug
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: January 19, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »

is that entire image made of chicken heads

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: January 20, 2019, 07:17:39 am »

I seem to  have lost my fob today, so now if I want to warm up my car I have to go out and use my key. The keychain part broke so I had to carry it around, but it seems to have been dropped somewhere who knows where fuck me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: January 20, 2019, 08:01:13 am »

Had a hilarious, drunken conversation with a couple of strangers on the street last night but I can remember barely any of it.
Also I considered asking their names at the time but came to the conclusion that doing so would kinda spoil the spontaneity of the encounter. I dunno. I probably could have made some friends.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: January 20, 2019, 02:58:45 pm »

Playing RDR2, trying to do a horrible and ridiculous challenge that is awful.

The gist of it is, I need to play blackjack and win with a hand of five or more cards... meaning I'd have to hit at least three times without going bust (something rare enough on its own), and then beat the dealer's hand with that.

...And I have to do that three times.

I spent four hours Friday just playing blackjack, managed to get a single such hand. That's one out of three down...

Today I got ridiculously lucky. A starting hand of 11, and in three hits got exactly 21. I breathed a sigh of relief, finally another win towards the challenge! Only took me a couple days more of playing!

The dealer shows his cards.

"Nine!"

Alright, he hits... It's a two.

"Eleven!"

...don't you do it you son of a...

"Twenty-one!"

FUCK. Pushes don't count towards the challenge. That astronomically lucky hand was as good as every other bust.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: January 20, 2019, 03:01:27 pm »

Don't you love RNG Kagus?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:29 pm »

Don't you love RNG Kagus?
Just to mock me, the game then gave me two jacks. I split, both jacks get an ace. Natural 21 twice.

Probably used up whatever luck I had left, just to give me something I can't use.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: January 20, 2019, 05:00:11 pm »

Couldn't sleep. Gotta work all day on no sleep.
I only have the can of energy drink in my hand, didn't have time to grab more on the way. Saturday's sprains and bruises are still in effect, too.
I'd ask myself why I bothered waking up this morning, but, well, I wasn't asleep to begin with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: January 21, 2019, 04:53:40 am »

In a flurry of celestial favor, I managed to complete the rest of the blackjack challenge in fairly short order. Only took a few hours...

The next challenge after that was considerably easier, I just needed to win three games of dominoes in a row. Thankfully this could be cheesed by just standing up from a losing game, as it wouldn't count as a "loss" and you'd keep your streak.

Now we're at the final challenge, and I need to win three hands of poker in a row... Horrible, but still better than the blackjack one.

Anyways, since I had a minor victory in the digital world, I needed to start dwelling on my failings in the real one. This time I'm worrying about my appearance, and how to tame this bird's nest of a beard.

I know I'm never going to get back the appeal of my youth, which I spent so much time spending on people who made me feel awful... But hopefully with a little luck I can start grooming this thing and end up with a better display than "frazzled homeless person". But then I remember my previous attempts at having a beauty routine, or really any kind of routine at all, and I get discouraged even while I'm just browsing for scissors and combs to get started.

The counterpoint is that the GF doesn't really approve of the beard, and its ratty appearance helps keep her away from me. Heh.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: January 21, 2019, 07:54:26 am »

Being a northern European, I assume that shaving your beard is illegal.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5185 on: January 21, 2019, 07:55:21 am »

It's really hard to motivate myself to exercise right now, for some reason. I need to do it, both to improve my mood and so I don't keel over when I start fencing again in a couple of weeks, but it's just so hard. I finally got myself to do some, and now my muscles are twitching occasionally. Huzzah?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: January 21, 2019, 08:01:54 am »

My trigonometry knowledge is all gone. Literally all of it. I need it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: January 21, 2019, 08:08:55 am »

Couldn't sleep. Gotta work all day on no sleep.
I only have the can of energy drink in my hand, didn't have time to grab more on the way. Saturday's sprains and bruises are still in effect, too.
I'd ask myself why I bothered waking up this morning, but, well, I wasn't asleep to begin with.
Made it through the day. Somehow.
Then got home, stumbled onto bed and slept for something like five+ hours in the heat, with the ceiling light on, sweating away and having all sorts of vague, mostly forgotten dreams.
Woke up at least twice but still felt crushingly tired and could do nothing but drift off again. I still feel friggin' wrecked but at least I've stopped being sleepy... it's past midnight DST at this point, though. Ugh.

Edit:   
I know I'm never going to get back the appeal of my youth...
Gods, I hate ageing. Hate hate hate.
And I can never work up the motivation to do anything to try and preserve my... I can't say "good looks" with a straight face, but well, something less than hideousness at least. It would be a big ask to march into some place selling cosmetic shit and demand that they help preserve what is left of my youth. Maybe I should ask a certain female friend of mine for advice on the subject, next time I get all gacked and sentimental and in the mood to overshare... good grief I can only imagine what everyone I know must really think of me.
I wish it were socially acceptable to wear masks in public, without being part of some dippit religion at least. Actually even if it was considered normal, a mask would probably be too much of a wild fashion statement for my stupid anxiety to cope with. Maybe the comfort of having my face covered would counteract that spike of anxiety, who knows.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:17:04 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: January 21, 2019, 10:18:50 am »

I wore a green bodysuit for an Ingress event once (like Green Man from Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and it was kinda amazing.  Being completely anonymous eliminated my social anxiety (kinda like being online, but even more in some ways).  Better yet though, it covered up all the things about my appearance that bother me.

Hm, I could start wearing a balaklava everywhere...  But only every other day, AKA the days where it's freezing instead of high 60's.  Seriously, what's with the weather here?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:44 pm »

This place is closest to the gods and the gods can't make their fucking minds up~
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 779