Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 793

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1101009 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5145 on: January 05, 2019, 08:35:09 am »

Well I'd rather have 81F and no snow than a range from 26-40 every day and a skating rink for a neighborhood.
The problem is it's that or hotter every other part of the sodding year. A month or two of 26-40 (well, it's more like 50-70 and like two or three weeks at "worst" for most of it) would be the only goddamn relief you get over a twelve month period. The rest of it you get sodding cooked if you go outside.

Also that cold period is like the one time of the year the bugs (and snakes, for that matter) largely fuck off. So... yeah. No cold period, mosquitoes become entirely rather than mostly omnipresent :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: January 06, 2019, 06:11:44 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:27:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: January 06, 2019, 06:32:02 am »

Shit, sneezing every morning for no reason is so annoying.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: January 06, 2019, 06:44:26 am »

*raises finger* Is it happening when you're first going out into sunlight?

Because if it is, that's actually a thing that happens for some folks (*waves hello*). Initial exposure for the day or somethin' along those lines will induce sneezing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: January 06, 2019, 07:59:58 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:27:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: January 06, 2019, 08:06:44 am »

It's not particularly sunny during the cold Siberian winter in my house, even during the morning, but I still sneeze without excessive sunlight.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: January 06, 2019, 11:16:58 pm »

Every time I open a new tab on firefox I see the link to this site, I always feel a bit guilty about disappearing from this site.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: January 07, 2019, 10:59:49 am »

Looks like the sort of sequel to Alien: Isolation, Alien: Blackout, will be a mobile game.

I would rage, but we have no rage thread any longer.

I will just be sad at the continued decline of the franchise.

Or, well, I guess just be a grumpy curmudgeon waving his cane at the kids with their mobile games and their Prometheuses and Alien: Covenants.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: January 07, 2019, 05:49:38 pm »

Okay, I had a pretty alright start to 2019, now can we just call it a year and skip to 2020 before it inevitably goes to shit?

...Who am I kidding, I can feel it happening already.
No amount of New-Year optimism and motivation could hope to move the mountains of shit I am chained to. I haven't changed anything. As usual I just hope for things to change on their own.
...Man, that sounded disgustingly edgy. Good thing my self-esteem is at pretty much rock bottom already.

I sure hope I manage to get some therapy in the not too distant future. Apparently the wait might be 'til February... I hope I'm not still waiting when my *shudder* birthday rolls around, but I guess I probably will be.

Edit: I need to break my habit of overusing ellipses. Every day I disgust myself anew. It should be one per post, tops, unless I am actually using them to denote omitted text for a change.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:51:55 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: January 08, 2019, 04:21:00 am »

Looks like the sort of sequel to Alien: Isolation, Alien: Blackout, will be a mobile game.

I would rage, but we have no rage thread any longer.

I will just be sad at the continued decline of the franchise.

Or, well, I guess just be a grumpy curmudgeon waving his cane at the kids with their mobile games and their Prometheuses and Alien: Covenants.
*Tries to access emergency release latch on internal door, forgot to bring welding torch to cut away emergency access panel

*Screams into intercom box on outside of orbital base

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: January 08, 2019, 10:37:13 am »

In space, no one can hear you meme scream.

Seriously though, the franchise is kind of dead to me now.  Alien: Isolation was a rare gem that was apparently a commercial success, which is a true tragedy.

Edit: I need to break my habit of overusing ellipses. Every day I disgust myself anew. It should be one per post, tops, unless I am actually using them to denote omitted text for a change.

Afraid I don't have any helpful advice, but I will say that this is a habit I've had to bludgeon out of myself, as well as the overuse of parentheses for asides that usually could be integrated into whatever sentence I was typing.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:06 am »

In space, no one can hear you meme scream.

Seriously though, the franchise is kind of dead to me now.  Alien: Isolation was a rare gem that was apparently a commercial success, which is a true tragedy.

Afraid I don't have any helpful advice, but I will say that this is a habit I've had to bludgeon out of myself, as well as the overuse of parentheses for asides that usually could be integrated into whatever sentence I was typing.

It's commas for me. Commas everywhere! Everywhere I tell you. Which is why you'll find none in this post.  I have put my comma allowance for this post below.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: January 08, 2019, 11:10:04 am »

I used to have a huge problem with the minus sign/line symbol - which is actually supposed to be another, longer line but that one never exists on any keyboards - but I'm pretty sure in over it now
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: January 08, 2019, 11:50:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:29:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: January 08, 2019, 07:02:18 pm »

I got back from the pub (not wanting to shamble home too late) and refrained from turning on the PS4 again because it seemed like GF was getting ready for bed.

That was two and a half hours ago.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 793