Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859226 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5130 on: December 30, 2018, 02:35:52 am »

Came to the sudden realisation that it was past six o'clock after having wasted the day doing pretty much fuck-all, hurriedly got ready, changed my underpants, doused myself in deodorant and was ready to clean my teeth and charge out the door - only to realise, upon checking Facebook, that the gig I planned on going to has a ridiculously early start, with the first band (the main one I wanted to see, partly because I am friends with some of the members) starting at 6:30 and finishing at 7:00. -_-

Apparently, according to a post on the event page, the start time had been pushed forward due to some licensing restriction BS. And yet they still want fifteen bucks entry?! Man, fukk that. I'm not catching a train for a short distance and then walking for an even shorter distance and then paying ten dollars just to catch the very end of my friends' set at best, before most likely having a brutal anxiety attack due to lack of sleep and general deterioration and leaving before seeing the one other band I know on the bill. They are pretty good, though.   

...Yes, you caught the "lack of sleep" part, right? That is why I am (I think) even less coherent than usual.
Or maybe everything I am saying makes perfect sense and I just can't tell. I dunno. I think I'll go buy a 4-pack of Monster. Not sure why I had to go and wreck my sleeping schedule still further just before NYE when it's going to get nuked to oblivion anyway. Gah. Oh well that's what pingaz are for I suppose.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: December 30, 2018, 03:12:24 pm »

New Years Eve plans fell trough, wasn't really feeling up to it in the first place so it's not a terrible loss tbh. Been years since I spent it home, hell, can't even remember the last time I'd spent it at home :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: December 31, 2018, 02:49:51 pm »

I had an awesome dream this morning. There was some old woman who died, and her husband didnt want the house anymore, so he was going to sell it and give away the money, but he agreed to give away the house intact, to me. I was a home owner. And it was a reasonably nice house.

I wish i was that fucking lucky.

[Edit:] i thought this was the dream thread, but waking up from this dream did make me pretty disappointed so oh well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:31:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: January 01, 2019, 10:26:36 pm »

It's 81F outside, according to the weather thing. At 9:30 at night. On January 1st, in the northern hemisphere. Florida "winter" :'(
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: January 01, 2019, 10:40:02 pm »

It was 21F outside earlier for me.

It’s 18F now, and there’s a 30% chance of snow late morning tomorrow.

I live in Wisconsin though, if it gets above 32F at any point in the next 3 months I’ll be happy.

Edit: there hasn’t been much of a Winter here so far either though. I fear for what may be coming...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: January 01, 2019, 10:57:27 pm »

If it gets down to 32F, I'll be... well, not happy, but at least somewhat mollified. I don't think it's happened so far, this year, here. If it did it was like one night. Dipped down into the 40s/upper 30s a few times but it's been fewer days than the average person has fingers.

Fucking hellswamp and its farce of a winter. Can blow down half the trees in the gorram place but gods forbid the atmosphere stays anything except "broil" :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: January 01, 2019, 11:22:31 pm »

That’s pretty much the #1 reason I won’t move to Florida.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: January 01, 2019, 11:47:12 pm »

Hmm.. It is currently 19F outside.  Heat index says it feels like 13F.

Of course, we have residents that still want to go outside and smoke in it. 

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: January 02, 2019, 02:44:23 am »

Oh well that's what pingaz are for I suppose.   
SNOO PINGAS USUAL, I SEE
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: January 02, 2019, 05:36:38 am »

Well I'd rather have 81F and no snow than a range from 26-40 every day and a skating rink for a neighborhood.

It's actually quite dangerous just to go for a walk with the dogs... The upside being that they are even less capable of putting on the stubborn brakes than usual, and I can just slide them along the ground.

This is the season when the gods demand tribute in the form of hips and knees.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: January 02, 2019, 01:06:26 pm »

I had a rather disturbing experience where I did something when mostly-asleep that conscious me did not want to do and did not want to have done. I felt like I'd violated myself, which is an uncomfortable sensation to say the least.

What are you talking about? That's how we all start every morning. Right?

That’s pretty much the #1 reason I won’t move to Florida.

That sounds like the words of someone who hasn't met the people in Florida yet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:08:59 pm by Iduno »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: January 02, 2019, 01:10:39 pm »

Muscle memory is separate from declarative memory and voluntary movement.

It is totally possible to automatically perform an action one finds consciously deplorable. (Sickly, this is one of the issues surrounding rape; One can orgasm from the experience, and be horrified by that.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: January 03, 2019, 04:45:10 pm »

Today was the hottest day in the last three years. Fuck.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: January 03, 2019, 08:56:05 pm »

Ha.

The snow melted today. Mostly.

Edit: I lied, the snow barely melted at all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:05:51 pm by hector13 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: January 04, 2019, 12:21:50 pm »

This new trend of getting hit with anxiety attacks as I'm trying to get to sleep is most unpleasant. Then again, so is most everything these days.
...I guess I should really fix my sleep schedule again. That usually proves to be a major factor in such feelings of overwhelming shittiness.

Now if only fixing my life was as attainable a goal as brute-forcing my sleeping habits into an orderly routine...

Edit: yes, I realise hopping on the internet to gripe about being unable to get to sleep is rather counterproductive. Don't worry, I've given up on getting to sleep any time soon. Hell, I already went to bed a couple of hours later than I aim for purely 'cause I was busy being a bit dumb idiot anyway.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:24:18 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 779