Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858868 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #4995 on: December 06, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »

Haven't done my weekly "go to the bar and act like a human" appointment. Was thinking of trying out tonight, but it's Thursday, and sometimes the weekend (and associated madness) starts early on Thursday...

So I was worried that there'd be a bunch of people and I wouldn't enjoy hanging around there when it's completely crazy.

But I didn't want to put on my coat and go down there to check, because my GF would follow my progress and I didn't want to go out and then come back two minutes later with the walk of defeat.

I'll crack open a can of Christmas ale here at home instead, in loving memory of my long-dead potential to have a social life.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: December 06, 2018, 07:02:37 pm »

Haven't done my weekly "go to the bar and act like a human" appointment. Was thinking of trying out tonight, but it's Thursday, and sometimes the weekend (and associated madness) starts early on Thursday...

So I was worried that there'd be a bunch of people and I wouldn't enjoy hanging around there when it's completely crazy.

But I didn't want to put on my coat and go down there to check, because my GF would follow my progress and I didn't want to go out and then come back two minutes later with the walk of defeat.

There's a lot to analyse there.

Well, not really 'cause there's only two things. You worrying (about the day that never came, as my great-grandmother would allegedly say) about there may be early weekend shenanigans (in which case you leave) but the bigger thing is you worrying about the lack of support from your significant other in the event that you don't get to go to the bar, 'cause you seem willing to at least check.

I guess all I can say is throw her out the window stay strong, my pretending-to-be-Nordic friend.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:00 pm »

Real talk though, can Norway change the official term for their citizens to "Nords" instead of "Norwegians"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: December 07, 2018, 12:51:44 am »

I'll crack open a can of Christmas ale here at home instead, in loving memory of my long-dead potential to have a social life.

Posting on forums counts. Or so say the devils on my shoulders.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: December 07, 2018, 05:38:50 am »

Real talk though, can Norway change the official term for their citizens to "Nords" instead of "Norwegians"
Technically, it already sorta is. The Norwegian term for "Norwegians" is "nordmenn", meaning north-men.

And it's not so much that she doesn't approve of or support my going to the bar (or coming back), she's actually been pretty fine with it... It's just, well, she has ADHD, and occasionally reacts or responds to things impulsively, even if she doesn't necessarily mean what she said or intimated. I know that, but I still feel hurt by some of the things she says and does in the moment. I'm also really good at reading an unnecessary amount of intention into simple actions.

I just really don't like my failings to be observed, even if they're only of the calibre of "didn't manage to check the activity level before committing to going out" and "didn't have the endurance to be comfortable with the activity level that was present".

Thanks. My shrink says it counts too, and she files her horns.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: December 07, 2018, 05:50:08 am »

I disagree. It's not the same.
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: December 07, 2018, 06:58:46 am »

Can I sell my soul to them? I need money.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: December 07, 2018, 07:02:19 am »

Same. I'd sell my soul for a gram of cocaine and two particularly nice sexual encounters.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: December 07, 2018, 07:04:20 am »

Same. I'd sell my soul for a gram of cocaine and two particularly nice sexual encounters.

I'd sell my soul for free Celeste and Heat Signature Steam keys.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:50 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:15:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: December 07, 2018, 07:21:58 am »

Y'know, if we're attaching value to souls you should really hold out for something a tad more valuable in exchange for yours...  heck, you could always trade your cocaine and sexual favours for a whole bunch o' videogames if you so desired.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: December 07, 2018, 07:22:53 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:15:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: December 07, 2018, 07:28:57 am »

Y'know, if we're attaching value to souls you should really hold out for something a tad more valuable in exchange for yours...  heck, you could always trade your cocaine and sexual favours for a whole bunch o' videogames if you so desired.

... I got games, I'll take the coke.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: December 07, 2018, 07:35:14 am »

... I got games, I'll take the coke.

I don't drink soda, so yeah, no coke for you, and no games for me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: December 07, 2018, 07:39:00 am »

My soul is free-range organically grown 100% baptism-free produce, and I'm only going to sell it to someone who appreciates that kind of artisanal dedication to excellence.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 779