Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858897 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4350 on: August 31, 2018, 04:18:43 pm »

Step one: Acquire ice.
Step two: Place ice in potable liquid.

There is no step three. You're done. Cold thing to drink.

Ice gets in the way of my lips and makes my teef cold.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: August 31, 2018, 04:49:31 pm »

Behold, the miracle of straw!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: August 31, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »

Drinking brandy through a straw is a thing that I simply cannot do. I am sorry.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: August 31, 2018, 05:05:40 pm »

Well, you clearly don't actually want a cold drink, then. Suffer appropriately, citizen.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: August 31, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »

Minifridge and I are going off into the corner, without you, to drink brandy. *snoots away*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: August 31, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »

Drinking things from a glass, with ice, and without a damn straw is the only true right way.
If the thing you're drinking has alcohol in it, you're still doing it right, but gross.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: August 31, 2018, 08:06:05 pm »

I've just never been much for ice.

Anyway good brandy is aspensive so I'm probably drinking mixed-drink cheap something or other, and I want my drinks cold, which means minifridge. If we are being honest I am probably drinking mostly sprite out of the thing, and maybe if ever having alcohol, because I kicked alcohol a while back.

But really I have an office now and I think it's written in the holy texts somewhere that fancy offices need to have some kind of fancy drink nearby for when the hero comes in and you have to snootily deny your evil plottings and/or monologue about your evil plot coming to fruition while sipping from a snifter. Red wine at the least. I wonder what it costs daily for a leather-clad threatening super-henchman.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: August 31, 2018, 10:03:00 pm »

Don't most office areas discourage drinking alcohol on the job? Please don't get yourself fired  :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: August 31, 2018, 10:48:28 pm »

I wonder what it costs daily for a leather-clad threatening super-henchman.
You could always just get an unpaid intern from the Antagonists Academy. I mean, henchmen tend to be bumbling and clueless at the best of times, so getting a trainee shouldn't be too big an issue.
Though I suppose they might still be too competent, not having completed their training.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: September 01, 2018, 11:08:04 am »

I wonder what it costs daily for a leather-clad threatening super-henchman.
You could always just get an unpaid intern from the Antagonists Academy. I mean, henchmen tend to be bumbling and clueless at the best of times, so getting a trainee shouldn't be too big an issue.
Though I suppose they might still be too competent, not having completed their training.

If I don't get to shout that they have failed me yet again or for the last time at least once a week, I'm sending them back.

Also I do not know what our alcohol policy is, but we were situated next door to a bar for like 4 years and noone ever complained.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: September 02, 2018, 09:56:32 pm »

I've been getting a lot of invites from my dad to go to this weeklong party thing, and I don't mean the fascinating Turkeyday celebration.

I'm sad I can't join in, but I just don't have the schedule for that.  I hope they have fun together.

It's just apparently very expensive, and there are... gasp... even separate rooms to sleep in, this time (unlike the Thanksgiving thing).  Which is both extravagant and much appreciated.  But like...

I don't fundamentally agree with spending that much money on any celebration...  and I'm busy.  So I've always been pretty clear that I'm not coming.
A lot of people are going, my presence isn't even necessary.  It's nice of them to offer, and I hope I declined gracefully all the like 8 times they asked.

Really though I hope it's good, and actually I did have a long call with my dad today during the event, so it's sorta like there in the way that matters.

So much expense, nnghr

Edit:  Ironically a lot of the call was him complaining about how crowded it was, heh.  Which I completely sympathize with.  I hope he does okay.  Probably goes out walking, like me.

Edit2:  I actually stopped responding gracefully to the offers, I ignored his 10-year-SO (there should be a word for that) when she called and texted.  It's her thing, actually.  And she's wonderful.  I'm not coming and I was clear about that.

Edit3:  I am actively budgeting for her paganistic Thanksgiving collegefriend ritual because it's awesome, and it's less uncomfortable because everyone shares the costs.  I missed last year, but it's a really good time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:02:44 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: September 03, 2018, 06:49:02 am »

Grandfather's birthday today, which means I'm contractually obligated to call him, which means there's a significant chance of being informed of how I'm doing everything wrong, alongside a host of highly unrealistic suggestions that won't take no for an answer. Plus there's the whole stink-eye that's been going back and forth between my folks and my dad's folks, which has kinda ended up with me as collateral especially since I'm already so "difficult" (clinically depressed) from before.

Plus I need to call and make an appointment for an introductory tour through an organization that offers constructive activities for the mentally handicapped, hopeless junkies, and me.

Also I had to throw out a big tupperware box of leftover rice from a batch I'd made specifically so I could eat leftovers for a couple days, but then my girlfriend wanted to order out a few nights, which meant that I also had to order out, and now I had rice that'd been sitting in the fridge for too long and was now not only unappetizing but also probably host to some fancy bacterial culture or another. I really don't like wasting food.

EDIT: Teeth have now been gritted and phonecalls have now been made. Managed to catch gramps juuust as he was about to have a little birthday bite outside, so the conversation was mercifully short and mostly filled with mentions of what nice weather we've been having lately. Reject bin tour has been organized for tomorrow, and even managed to get a spot on the post-noon showing, so there's that.

I also had a meal involving an actual green vegetable today, so I can pat myself on the back for that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: September 03, 2018, 10:25:48 am »

Well, sounds like things didn't go too badly!
I feel you on the whole food wastage frustration. My advice is to just... not think about it. EZ. As for the "reject bin tour"... yeah that sounds pretty awful.
Maybe you can mentally reframe it as an entertaining people-watching opportunity, rather than some strange method of institutionalised torture you are wholly undeserving of?
Good luck in any case. It won't be so bad.

My mild sad: I had a really good idea for a band name the other day, like a throwback psychedelic rock band using the '[NAME] and the [SOMETHING SOMETHINGS] format, but now that I'm finally home after my weekend shenanigans at a friend's place I find I have entirely forgotten it.
Don't think I wrote it down anywhere, either. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: September 03, 2018, 10:29:56 am »

Funny, I had exactly one of those experiences myself just a week or so ago. Was a fairly clever one at that, almost certainly skimmed off the surface of my dreams vat as it was slurping down the waking up drain.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: September 03, 2018, 10:31:43 pm »

... man, it's as minor a sad as minor sads get, but it's as late as I can continue justifying playing and I just now put Master Asia in a Master Gundam, trading in the Sinanju he whooped unholy arse with this last mission (albeit somewhat less unholy ass than the guy named Full Frontal I had in my starting Sinanju, who stood up and beam axed a land carrier right in the fucking face for enough damage to one-shot the thing from full health) for it.

There is something entirely too engaging about jamming the UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST into people's faces, and I find myself needing to stop just as the getting was getting good :-\

... any case, this g generation overworld thing is more enjoyable than my initial impression. It's just the right sort of absurd, at the moment.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 779