Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859006 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4215 on: August 13, 2018, 06:49:08 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: August 13, 2018, 07:37:44 am »

I'm stressing myself out.

I argue about politics, which stresses me. I don't feel like I can't do so, because I feel like I need to call people out on things even though I know it won't make a difference. I just can't stop myself.

I do this too. But Saturday I completed a Herculean trial.

I convinced a global warming denier it existed and humans were a huge part of the problem.
Try doing that to a Flat Earther. You'll tear your own hair out.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: August 13, 2018, 08:09:41 am »

I'm stressing myself out.

I argue about politics, which stresses me. I don't feel like I can't do so, because I feel like I need to call people out on things even though I know it won't make a difference. I just can't stop myself.

You need to detox / cold-turkey from getting involved. After a while, not getting involved will just feel normal and you'll be better off.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: August 13, 2018, 08:19:31 am »

But the what about the sun cycles and and mini ice ages. Hides from rightfully trewn projectiles, giggling.

We accounted for that in the discussion and I've shown him a LOT of data. He finally started to come around with this metaphor.

"America as a whole is like a guy doing his budget. Some plain red neck. He's got screechy brakes and an oil leak on his car (global warming) and he's like, "I could fix that for 200 bucks but that's my whole months beer money." So he keeps putting it off and ignoring and denying it's a problem until his fucking engine seizes and the brakes fail."

Somehow that brought him around.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: August 13, 2018, 08:40:54 am »

This is what killed Socrates, you know.

My mildly sad: Spent about $30 on a .5l of "something", because the liquor monopoly was closing in less than a minute and I didn't have anything to sip, and the employee I asked for recommendations spent 12 minutes telling me an extended-edition version of "lol idk", and would have continued into the epilogue had I not just grabbed a couple bottles and dashed.

The bottle is this foul beast that somehow manages to be too sweet and too spiced at the same time without balancing itself out in the slightest. First it kicks you in the teeth with "HI MY NAME IS JUNIPER AND THIS IS MY FRIEND BITTER FENNEL, HOW ARE YA?", transitioning smoothly into "I'm 35% ABV and lemme fuckin' tell you about it", before fading out with this completely isolated sickly syrup note without actually being sweet. The fuck.

Out of desperation I've tried mixing it with random liquids I have lying around the house... First some unflavored soda water, which succeeded in giving this spirit's obnoxious grin a wide gap between its teeth, serving to further isolate and enhance each flavor speedbump rather than soften anything at all, and then later by adding Morgan's Spiced to the mix because I'm out of ideas.

I don't know what happened there, but it was decidedly unpleasant and I'd rather just not talk about it.

Clearly I'm not the "sporting, outdoorsy type" this concoction has marketed itself towards with its flavor profile of boiled twigs on a bed of congealed cough syrup.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:23 am »

This is what killed Socrates, you know.

Also the part where he was literally an outspoken anti-democratic plutocrat who wanted to abolish Athenian democracy and whose followers had twice carried out successful (temporarily so) military coups in collusion with Sparta and instituted bloody dictatorships.

Mostly the latter.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: August 13, 2018, 09:45:38 am »

My mildly sad: Spent about $30 on a .5l of "something", because the liquor monopoly was closing in less than a minute and I didn't have anything to sip, and the employee I asked for recommendations spent 12 minutes telling me an extended-edition version of "lol idk", and would have continued into the epilogue had I not just grabbed a couple bottles and dashed.

The bottle is this foul beast that somehow manages to be too sweet and too spiced at the same time without balancing itself out in the slightest. First it kicks you in the teeth with "HI MY NAME IS JUNIPER AND THIS IS MY FRIEND BITTER FENNEL, HOW ARE YA?", transitioning smoothly into "I'm 35% ABV and lemme fuckin' tell you about it", before fading out with this completely isolated sickly syrup note without actually being sweet. The fuck.

Out of desperation I've tried mixing it with random liquids I have lying around the house... First some unflavored soda water, which succeeded in giving this spirit's obnoxious grin a wide gap between its teeth, serving to further isolate and enhance each flavor speedbump rather than soften anything at all, and then later by adding Morgan's Spiced to the mix because I'm out of ideas.

I don't know what happened there, but it was decidedly unpleasant and I'd rather just not talk about it.

Clearly I'm not the "sporting, outdoorsy type" this concoction has marketed itself towards with its flavor profile of boiled twigs on a bed of congealed cough syrup.
I wanna try it. Sounds like budget Jägermeister.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: August 13, 2018, 10:03:45 am »

https://shop.frankfurt-airport.com/en/brimi-vianvang-dram-35-0-5l.html

Fun fact: It's more than twice that expensive in Norway, the country of origin.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: August 13, 2018, 12:58:12 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:16:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: August 13, 2018, 02:14:12 pm »

Work got me a student lackey and it looks like I'm stuck with the bloke until friday. I'd rather work above my average pace than to drag his unmotivated ass around me... I can't daydream if I need to spell  out everything for him, and it just feels wrong to let a minor who is like 70% of my body-volume do the heavy lifting (I'm fairly average with my shoulders growing larger by the day, he is tiny).

It's weird I really don't mind lazyness I just want to not worry about him.

Man, what do you do to get a lackey? I want a lackey.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: August 13, 2018, 02:24:35 pm »

Work got me a student lackey and it looks like I'm stuck with the bloke until friday. I'd rather work above my average pace than to drag his unmotivated ass around me... I can't daydream if I need to spell  out everything for him, and it just feels wrong to let a minor who is like 70% of my body-volume do the heavy lifting (I'm fairly average with my shoulders growing larger by the day, he is tiny).

It's weird I really don't mind lazyness I just want to not worry about him.

Man, what do you do to get a lackey? I want a lackey.

Well, most of my lackeys have come from giving really impressive presentations to (under)graduate students, then getting them so riled up to compete for a slot they don't notice that the next step is not nearly as fun as the prior art would imply. This conveniently also reduces turnover, as to leave would mean that they did whatever unspeakable things they did to get the job in vain.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: August 13, 2018, 03:35:07 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:16:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 13, 2018, 03:48:21 pm »

How do you grow chex mix.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 13, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:16:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: August 13, 2018, 03:59:10 pm »

I think it's grains, but I'm not googling it either. Hail the new Cereally Ignorant Revolution.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 779