Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859272 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4200 on: August 09, 2018, 05:14:42 pm »

EDIT: Oh yeah! More horror stories: In India, we were advised by the locals not to give money to certain beggars (and holy shit there were a lot of beggars), because "They break their children's legs to make them seem more pitiful, so they make more money".
In SE Asia, they just pretend to have broken legs... That's hardcore messed up to do it for real

That said I can concur with the organized begging scammers. Got them in London only instead of postcards, they use postcards & tissues, and don't even have the common sense to not wear designer clothes and fresh faces whilst begging.

I was please recently to read a Sherlock Holmes short story about a professional actor and make-up artist that takes up begging because it pays more than the stage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:46 am »

EDIT: Oh yeah! More horror stories: In India, we were advised by the locals not to give money to certain beggars (and holy shit there were a lot of beggars), because "They break their children's legs to make them seem more pitiful, so they make more money".
In SE Asia, they just pretend to have broken legs... That's hardcore messed up to do it for real

That said I can concur with the organized begging scammers. Got them in London only instead of postcards, they use postcards & tissues, and don't even have the common sense to not wear designer clothes and fresh faces whilst begging.

I was please recently to read a Sherlock Holmes short story about a professional actor and make-up artist that takes up begging because it pays more than the stage.
To be fair, pretty much anything pays better than the stage. Throwing rubber chickens at a wall pays better than the stage.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: August 10, 2018, 06:40:11 am »

To be fair, pretty much anything pays better than the stage. Throwing rubber chickens at a wall pays better than the stage.
There's a reason NYC has a restaurant famous for singing waitstaff. Gotta pay those bills.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: August 10, 2018, 05:36:08 pm »

I tried reinstalling Diablo 2, but I still find myself morally incapable of playing in 800x600.Pixelation is just too terrible.

Shit. we need a project like openxcom for Diablo 2.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: August 10, 2018, 05:57:44 pm »

Did the manually-set-resolution thing for windows stop working
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: August 10, 2018, 07:58:05 pm »

I thought they updated it with better resolution support with the latest patch, along with the online tweaks?

And yeah, manually setting resolution can do big things. Also, goddammit, but I can't find the video where LobosJr does an 8-player dentist no-item survival run... Fuck. That was funny.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: August 11, 2018, 08:51:14 pm »

Kind of sad, but i'm more angry, but there's no rage thread: thus, mildly sad.

Second lease has fallen through on my dumb ass, and class is starting very soon. Stupid stupid stupid to trust friends to fucking act like adults and not fools in the shape of a man. Third lease is under way, and at least one of my - actually adult, whowouldathoughhht??? - friends has offered up his couch if I can't get moved in before school starts. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

As soon as I get moved in I'm getting as drunk as physically possible and finding some guy/girl to, ah, work out some frustration with. Life will be much better when I can entertain my alcoholic tendencies ad-nauseum.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: August 11, 2018, 09:00:42 pm »

Have fun and don't poison yourself fatally or venture near things that may cause massive bodily trauma whilst impaired.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: August 11, 2018, 09:34:36 pm »

Also, use protection while "working out frustration". And have fun ya know. And be safe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: August 12, 2018, 04:17:51 am »

Did the manually-set-resolution thing for windows stop working
Not really
I thought they updated it with better resolution support with the latest patch, along with the online tweaks?

And yeah, manually setting resolution can do big things. Also, goddammit, but I can't find the video where LobosJr does an 8-player dentist no-item survival run... Fuck. That was funny.
No, you´re misremembering the resolution hack which improved things to 1024x768... which STILL wasn´t ideal, and which was broken by patch 1.14
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:24 pm »

Have fun and don't poison yourself fatally or venture near things that may cause massive bodily trauma whilst impaired.
Also, use protection while "working out frustration". And have fun ya know. And be safe.
You guys will make a great mother someday. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: August 13, 2018, 03:32:48 am »

I finished Voyager, it wasn't as bad as I was lead to believe. Picard-with-tits, Black-Spock* and Useless-with-women-Asian-guy were all great characters. Sure, it was schlock but overall it was still a fun show.

The sad is that now I have to watch Enterprise in my epic watch-all-the-Star-Trek marathon, in which time I managed to begin a degree and graduate from it. Enterprise is the one show where there aren't really any people saying they liked it, unlike Voyager which splits the fanbase.

*I think making another Vulcan who was as socially crippled by lack of emotion as the Vulcan on Voyager was actually missed the point of Spock's characterization. Spock was a half-human/Vulcan who grew up on Vulcan learning to suppress his human side. It made sense that Spock had issues about logic vs emotion, because he was torn between the two races. Making it so all Vulcans are just as crippled by that same internal conflict just doesn't make a lot of sense, and diminishes the whole point of Spock being half-human.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:44:47 am by Reelya »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: August 13, 2018, 05:41:34 am »

TFW you got some light shopping to do and you've finally managed to hit the working hours of an art supplies store properly but now you're feeling extremely antisocial and don't want to leave the house. That and the residence has AC while outside is nearly 40 degrees :V

Edit:

Then you finally do it and they don't seem to stock the one thing you needed :I
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:04:40 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: August 13, 2018, 06:37:45 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:07 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: August 13, 2018, 06:42:07 am »

I'm stressing myself out.

I argue about politics, which stresses me. I don't feel like I can't do so, because I feel like I need to call people out on things even though I know it won't make a difference. I just can't stop myself.

I do this too. But Saturday I completed a Herculean trial.

I convinced a global warming denier it existed and humans were a huge part of the problem.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 779