Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859095 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4095 on: July 17, 2018, 01:28:05 pm »

I'm a generally charismatic fellow around here on Bay12, and I am a generally charsmatic dude IRL too.

I still super overthink things to the point where I'm sure everyone secretly is mad and/or is avoiding me. Then I realize this is silly.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: July 17, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:56:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: July 17, 2018, 02:15:36 pm »

People like a good listener.  My trick for chatting with strangers is to break the ice with vacuous observations, but then use their responses to get them talking about whatever.  I like listening to people talk about whatever, and they usually enjoy talking about their favorite whatever.

And sometimes you find common ground, and then you exchange whatever, and there's a connection.  Then they aren't a stranger anymore.

Edit:  And obviously a lot of people are noncommittal, not interested.  That's absolutely fine, there are a *lot of people*, move on.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: July 17, 2018, 02:33:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:56:49 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: July 17, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »

I'm a generally charismatic fellow around here on Bay12, and I am a generally charsmatic dude IRL too.

I still super overthink things to the point where I'm sure everyone secretly is mad and/or is avoiding me. Then I realize this is silly.

This. God this so much. I've no idea how many beautiful women I've missed my chances with because I got over-thought and verbally retreated. Go for gold my friends!

And sometimes you find common ground, and then you exchange whatever, and there's a connection.  Then they aren't a stranger anymore.

Based on the sample this forum is delivering, I think it's safe to say that people might actually enjoy some sincerity. And sofar as my experiences have gone, if you don't happen to stumble upon a total sociopath, that kind of natural selection get's you in contact with people who tend to be at the same wavelength.

People do like sincerity. Or they get offended but fuck those people. You can fake it and be polite forever or you can be you and dismiss the people that don't like you. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: July 17, 2018, 02:59:31 pm »

I mean I did go through a period where I was basically anti-social, and I have since grown past that to the point where I can mentally ignore that impulse to start over-analyzing it in that way.

Takes time but honestly looking back it felt like a natural learning process.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: July 18, 2018, 06:27:54 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:01:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:23 pm »

Feeling kinda ashamed of myself. I'd spent all morning dragging my heels on going to the gym, an activity that I've been neglecting recently and I'm both feeling and getting fat and lazy. I finally go there, and I'm just crushed by anxiety, wrapped up in pointless hateful thoughts that get me worked up over nothing, and I get panicked when I look at the equipment and just feel so aimless and uncertain of what to do. I left without doing anything.

My thoughts exiting the gym were something like "I wonder if I should just cancel my gym membership." "I wonder if I should just quit my job" "I don't know what to do..."

I'm thinking that if I'm ever going to ever make any progress on my goals, I have to quit my job, it's keeping me unhealthy, fatigued, and unstable. I just can't get the necessary footing to make actual progress without falling flat on my face at the slightest setback, and I'm getting set back a lot, with the scale confirming that I've basically backslid on all my work. Just fuck it all.

Life is just a chore it seems.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: July 21, 2018, 08:33:09 am »

Had a sudden headache and now I'm shittin' like a garden hose with someone's finger over the end of it. I woulda rather just stayed constipated...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: July 21, 2018, 09:03:30 am »

I woulda rather just stayed constipated...
That's what the headache's from. You've reached critical overshituration.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: July 22, 2018, 12:38:30 am »

Couldn't sleep today well; woke up in 7:30 AM instead of my usual ~ 10/11 AM. Also, I coughed like crazy from the dust flying in my nostrils. The shit's relatively harmless, but fucking annoying.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: July 22, 2018, 08:00:28 am »

I'm still depressed. Just trying to push the, "You piece of shit, just eat your gun and do everyone a favor." Stuff out of my head, but it's not always easy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: July 22, 2018, 04:05:36 pm »

I'm still depressed. Just trying to push the, "You piece of shit, just eat your gun and do everyone a favor." Stuff out of my head, but it's not always easy.

I've got an idea for a hobby you could try! You should take up baking! Make some chocolate guns, and eat one of those instead.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: July 22, 2018, 06:44:22 pm »

Ask your wife to make finger guns and suck on them real sexy like
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: July 22, 2018, 10:26:07 pm »

Gun-shaped pastries. Why not?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 779