Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859101 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3705 on: March 06, 2018, 05:44:10 pm »

On the topic of veganism(and vegetarianism), my opinion is go ahead, just don't try to force me or a cat into it

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 06, 2018, 06:33:50 pm »

On the topic of veganism(and vegetarianism), my opinion is go ahead, just don't try to force me or a cat into it
Same here, only I might consider eating anyone who tries to force me into vegan/vegetarianism. Or anyone who tries force me into anything else for that matter.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 06, 2018, 09:56:20 pm »

Same here, only I might consider eating anyone who tries to force me into vegan/vegetarianism. Or anyone who tries force me into anything else for that matter.
Wait, you're saying you need an excuse to consider eating people?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 07, 2018, 04:32:32 am »

No, its just that typically people move too fast when they realise why I sing "Deck the halls with parts of body!". That and my army of deep ones causes most sane folks to run off, only the handful who actually try to make me do shit get close and well, I don't need to explain what happens then.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 07, 2018, 04:35:45 am »

Honestly, even the Deep Ones weren't overtly pushy.

Remember, Obed Marsh appealed to THEM for help first, and the Deep Ones totally made good on the deal.  It's just that humans want all the good stuff, and don't like being responsible.  Also, it isn't like awakened hybrids find the situation all that terrible anyway.

The Deep Ones are just aware of the flagrant Xenophobia of human kind, (a trait that they do not share, clearly. I mean, they are totally down with sharing "personal space" with mankind, it is the humans that are averse to the situation!) and would like to live on the surface. Little mermaid wants to live "Up There", and marry the human prince, is that so wrong?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:37:49 am by wierd »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 10, 2018, 07:14:07 pm »

The best worst part about working retail; customers who havent bathed or washed their clothes in months.

+15 grossness if theyre smokers too
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:02:11 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 10, 2018, 08:56:31 pm »

Honestly, even the Deep Ones weren't overtly pushy.

Remember, Obed Marsh appealed to THEM for help first, and the Deep Ones totally made good on the deal.  It's just that humans want all the good stuff, and don't like being responsible.  Also, it isn't like awakened hybrids find the situation all that terrible anyway.

The Deep Ones are just aware of the flagrant Xenophobia of human kind, (a trait that they do not share, clearly. I mean, they are totally down with sharing "personal space" with mankind, it is the humans that are averse to the situation!) and would like to live on the surface. Little mermaid wants to live "Up There", and marry the human prince, is that so wrong?
Well they do have that thing with driving people insane by just seeing them. That's problematic for getting to know each other.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:10 pm »

Only insane from our perspective, mind; a perspective that really doesn't know what's up.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 12, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »

Yeah, it's not that they're insane. It's that they know.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 12, 2018, 07:50:20 pm »

The best worst part about working retail; customers who havent bathed or washed their clothes in months.

+15 grossness if theyre smokers too
I dunno, my manager just got shouted at by some angry lebo (or maybe Greek?) bogan covered in prison tatts. Apparently he was upset about the price of a piece of furniture... this is a goddamn op-shop, all our shit is cheap as heck.
That was pretty funny. "YOU ARE LIAR AND A CHEAT" was one highlight of his broken English rant that I heard. :))

Edit: whoops, I think I maybe forgot that this wasn't the Laugh thread halfway through. Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:39 pm »

It was sad and funny. Also, since this is the sad thread, maybe good to cheer folks up?

As a follow up to things I've posted previously, my kid's speech sessions are going well, and it's becoming more and more unlikely by the week that he will be diagnosed or have to live with any severe disability. I'm still a bit sad that he has trouble connecting with other toddlers/adults, but there's plenty of hope ahead.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3716 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:01 am »

Jessica Jones S2:E9
Awesome With Autism

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 16, 2018, 12:02:31 pm »

The whole season, really.  I was a little uncertain, but I like the direction they took it (less terror, more tragedy).  Still plenty of drama and broken people trying to cope.

Enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Defenders, that's for sure ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 16, 2018, 09:15:34 pm »

I am legally required to vote today. Lawd, what a waste of time.
Looking through this list of candidates (at least it's just a local election) is pretty bleak. There's the Animal Justice Party, which I am unsurprisingly putting at number one (I can't be arsed explaining our strange voting system, to put it simply you number all candidates 1-10), but all of the other options fail to align with my own values very much at all from what I'm reading - and as far as I can gather from what I've read in the past about this arcane voting system, the weight of your vote basically goes to the first candidate in your preferences that would end up with enough votes to win overall.

At least there's this one weird party which somehow manages to be rather conservative yet liberal at the same time - they wanna tax the shit out of foreign nationals whilst legalising recreational marijuana, scrapping road tolls and offering free aged care, dentistry and education. Most of those issues aren't really ones I care about, but their policies are weird enough overall that I might as well vote for them. :))   

There are also a couple of morons who are expecting votes without even having a website outlining their position or policies as far as I can see, but then one of them is pretty much actually certifiably insane so I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise. Fukken independents, cluttering up my ballot and causing more meaningless decisions for me.

Ugh! This is a serious nuisance. At least I don't have to walk as far to reach a voting station as I did from where I lived before.
I'm supposed to be getting ready to go see bands tonight, instead I'm wasting time with this. Also I'm writing this post to procrastinate, so I should probably post it already and get on with the task at hand with less distractions...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 17, 2018, 08:07:37 am »

Are you not allowed to submit an empty ballot if you like? I thought that was an option in all countries with mandatory voting.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 779