Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1083667 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3450 on: October 15, 2017, 07:43:45 pm »

This is the closest to an 'I'm bored' thread we've got, so...... i'm bored.....

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 15, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »

Being bored is a waste of time, surely there are media you haven't seen/read/played yet? Find some new completely random thing out there.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 15, 2017, 07:55:01 pm »

I'm trying to help them but afraid to come off as overly pushy. It's tough since I have no idea how to do that.
I don't think there really is any way to do so, without the "overly pushy" part at least. All you can do is tell them how great it is.

My (not entirely Mild) Sad: too many social obligations overlapping and it is stressful as shit. Oh gods. Well, two social obligations that I am somewhat committed to... that's enough to be horrible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:38 pm »

Just do that double-dating thing like in TV shows / movies, where you slip out from one then join up with the other and vice-versa. It always worked out well in the Brady Bunch. Until your dad sits you down and gives you that week's spiel about being a responsible man.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 15, 2017, 08:48:46 pm »

Just do that double-dating thing like in TV shows / movies, where you slip out from one then join up with the other and vice-versa. It always worked out well in the Brady Bunch. Until your dad sits you down and gives you that week's spiel about being a responsible man.
Interesting, although unfortunately the two social obligations in question are in different states. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:44 am »

Someone at work left a magazine "Outside" and I browsed through it, there being an article about the childhoods of the authors and how they came to love nature... I've never been more envious of people that had cool childhoods and awesome parents, as I consider my own childhood and parent to be awful in every way.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 19, 2017, 05:24:30 am »

Wow, after a pretty decent day throughout which I was inexplicably happy for the most part, I am now inexplicably sad.
Well, I suppose if I gave it some thought I could come up with plenty of different reasons to be sad, but as far as I'm aware none of them occurred to me consciously to cause this change of mood. Besides, all those sad-factors were there all day to begin with anyway, so why was I cheerful then and not now? ???

Perhaps it's just the thought of another day drawing to a close, with me having achieved so very little over its duration. At least I read quite a bit! That's always nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:00 am »

So... I got an informal offer for beyond January from my current workplace. Not looking good. They'd like to keep me but it doesnt look like they can give me the conditions I need. Simply put, I suspect they dont plan to offer more than 30% of my current wages, and they hinted that I might be able to make up by doing nchd roles, which I simply wont do.

I'll give it until monday and if things are not better amd/or more concrete... I'll tell them that I'll be leaving after my current contract ends.

Pity because I love the place
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:17:56 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 20, 2017, 01:37:41 am »

Fuck, I am hungry.
What little money I do have is spoken for 'til Sunday, too, so it is fortunate that I have the better part of a large tin of baked beans awaiting me at home. If I can get there - I caught the wrong train from the city (mainly because the incorrect destination was displayed on the sign, thanks Metro) and didn't realise until a few stops after it diverged from the route of my usual train. What can I say, I had my nose in a book. *shrug*

Fortunately I remembered that one end of my usual bus route happens to be a station on this particular bit of train line, so I simply got off there and caught a bus homewards.
Not as much of an inconvenience as it could have been, but it's still irritating. Now I have to rush home to eat and drop off my bag before rushing right out again to go see bands this evening. All this Russian and I don't even speak the language, ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 20, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »

Trying to catch the horse this morning, i finally got the rope around her neck and she bolted, dragging me with her. By the time i realized she wasnt gonna give up shed tugged me 30 yards and when i let go i did a backflip through the mud and soiled everything. And now an hour later everythings starting to hurt. I still smell like shit and the bitch got her breakfast without having to get caught.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 20, 2017, 01:40:26 pm »

Baby has food but I do not.

Time to hit up the dollar store.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 20, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

Hey, don't know your situation, but can you apply for Food Assistance? In the US at least, there are fast-track programs for folks taking care of kids. Those programs are there for a reason.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 20, 2017, 05:42:29 pm »

We have WIC, which is the mother/infant food program here in the US, so the baby/wife always has food. Thanks for the concern :). Really I just need to go shopping and spend our last bit of food money carefully until Friday.

I have things to eat, just not like, meals of food. Man may not live by bread alone but you can put some questionable 1$ cheese on there and not starve, and maybe some frozen peas on the side. Pack o that stuff sells for 1$ on sale, and we've got some baked beans. I think our WIC card still has some fruit and cereal/grains left on it if we need that.

Between then and my last post though our bread grew fuzz and then someone apparently gave me a turkey. Like a whole turkey, which is now in my freezer. Time to learn how to cook a turkey.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:45:27 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 20, 2017, 06:27:33 pm »

As a WIC recipient, you might be able to apply for additional state food assistance too. That's all I meant.

And I know what it's like to eat on limited income. I've been living on beans, rice, eggs, and multivitamins for a few years now. It's doable, and can still be tasty, but you gotta spend wisely. o.o

EDIT: If you need turkey cooking advice, I can help. Did last year's Thanksgiving, and I'm pretty sure that makes me an expert.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:29:04 pm by Solifuge »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 20, 2017, 06:36:55 pm »

I firmly believe that everyone is just winging it.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 792