Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859070 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: forced restart edition
« Reply #3015 on: July 08, 2017, 07:44:26 am »

Eh, people change. Forums aren't exactly something that a person stay permanently on. I mean, not even Toady One can call himself a Bay12er these days.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've definitely changed since I first signed up in November of 2013, but if anything I think I've come to appreciate the culture here more than I did three and a half years ago--the small size and friendly atmosphere is much more pleasant after all these years and seeing all sorts of other internet communities. Just the sheer willingness to honestly care about other users that I've seen here is phenomenal.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 08, 2017, 08:59:37 am »

I think I prefer the more relaxed and detached atmosphere here, anyways. FGRP used to be very active and tight-knit and.... it was kind of cancerous. I think that some of the older members resent the fewer opportunities to discuss politics, but honestly Bay12 is a forum with two mods, it's not exactly a good venue for intense discussions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 09, 2017, 01:39:01 am »

I've plenty of games installed on my laptop, and I don't have any sort of "spark" to play them. Hell, I don't want to do anything besides mindlessly walking in my apartment. Being sick goddamn sucks, and the worst part is that I caught the disease in a fucking polyclinic. That's glorious Russian healthcare for ya.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: July 09, 2017, 03:24:01 am »

Nah, that's not Russia-specific. Any hospital or doctors office / waiting room in the world is a hotspot for disease transmission
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

My new personal text says it all.
(Not my fault, really - it's more of a coincidence that most games I PTW get cancelled pretty fast)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 10, 2017, 01:24:38 am »

Leg seriously hurts, i think i pulles a muscle or something in my calf. Anytime i kneel on that knee i get a horrible sharp pain all the way into my calf muscle. Work tomorrow is going to suuuuuck
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 11, 2017, 05:17:46 pm »

There are no longer Naked Chicken chips at Taco Bell. I might have to eat real food when I'm at work now. Press F to pay respects.

F
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 11, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »

I have been so tired recently. just exhausted from having to get up early every day. cant wait until the semester starts so i can spend less time working (at a very physical job not with school work).

on looking back? of course its nostalgic but at the same time cringy. you cant so why worry about what happened and enjoy the present and whats to come.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 12, 2017, 12:01:40 am »

There are no longer Naked Chicken chips at Taco Bell. I might have to eat real food when I'm at work now. Press F to pay respects.

F
Real food is good tho
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 13, 2017, 06:35:11 am »

O, why must that which I love most cause me such bountiful distress along with joy? Alas.
* Yoink laments.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: July 13, 2017, 07:22:50 am »

O, why must that which I love most cause me such bountiful distress along with joy? Alas.
* Yoink laments.
You should cut back on the burritos.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 13, 2017, 08:45:47 am »

OMG that is soooo racist! Just because I'm 12.5% Mexican! >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 14, 2017, 07:50:59 pm »

Youd probably hve a lot less mexican in you if you hadnt eaten all those burritos :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 15, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »

So you really are what you eat.

On-Topic: My keyboard is only a couple months old and two of the LEDs have already stopped working. Also, the lights on most of the keys seem to have become paired together in that whenever a specific individual key is supposed to be lighting up, another random key will ALWAYS light up with it. So if I try to use reactive lighting (keys light up when you touch them) it turns into an OCD nightmare, and if you try to use the wave effect it just looks crappy.

It's the most asinine thing ever, but at the same time, when I buy a $100 keyboard I kinda expect it to last a little longer than that before it starts fucking up.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 16, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »

Had my fancy goldfish less than a week and they're showing signs of white spot*. Caught it early so I should be able to deal with it no problem, going to go buy medication tomorrow. Still annoying and a tad upsetting, I like the little bogglers and it would be a shame if any died, especially since one was picked by my nephew and he'd probably be upset if it wasn't here next time he visits.

*White spot is a parasitic infestation. It burrows into the skin of the fish leaving little white scabs, from which the baby parasites emerge and then later infect more of the fish. 100% lethal untreated.  :(
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 779