Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859144 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Not as much sad as frustrated. I stayed up to 3:30 AM waiting for my sister to come in from out of state, and she never came. Now I gotta deal with school on 4 hours of sleep.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

First skeeter bite of the year. The cool is leaving. The bugs are coming back. It's all down hill from here for the next six or seven months :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frumple: I've avoided them so far, but we're still kinda chilly here. Y'all need a bat house on your property. They do good work. >_o

Was about to sleep. Suddenly thought about Yume Nikki in the form of a vague half-dream of all the freaky events in that game, none of which will ever be explained. Theories provide plenty of half-depressing, half-terrifying fuel. I will not be sleeping well, fuck.

Hmm. I've been debating playing this after I play OneShot... but it's pretty hard to play, I take it? I could do without nightmares, but I rather like surreal horror as a genre.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:45:33 am by Solifuge »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That's... a thought. Bats aren't exactly common in this area, though. Even a decent amount of cave systems in the area, but few bats. Pretty sure things eat them. Something like that. Can't recall what's suppressing the population in this region.

... also somewhat doubtful having a bat house around here would be particularly healthy for the bats. We have more than a few cats in the neighborhood, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My folks live in a really marshy suburban area, and mosquitos were TERRIBLE growing up. We built a few Bat Houses high up in the yard, and eventually got some Little Brown Bats to move in. We'd see 'em every night. The neighbor had about 15 feral cats, and the bats did fine too. And they really made a dent in our mosquito problem!

Just something to consider.

EDIT: Most bats live in trees. Colonial cave-dwelling bats aren't really common, at least in settled areas (excepting areas with big old abandoned factories and such >_o)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:46:10 am by Solifuge »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

That's... a thought. Bats aren't exactly common in this area, though. Even a decent amount of cave systems in the area, but few bats. Pretty sure things eat them. Something like that. Can't recall what's suppressing the population in this region.

... also somewhat doubtful having a bat house around here would be particularly healthy for the bats. We have more than a few cats in the neighborhood, heh.

Probably white nose syndrome. It's been hurting bat populations in America for a long while.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeh, knew the trees thing. Was more a got-even-dis thing. Might be worth a look, in any case. Seems like you can get the things fairly cheap, too, if you don't feel like building it yourself.

... though we have plenty of abandoned buildings in the area too, heh, if not necessarily many large factory ones. Rural poverty for the win, uh. For? Like said, I could swear I remember reading something about something or another 'round here keeping the bat population low. That was probably something like a decade and a half ago, though, which was the last time I saw a bat in the wild, heh. Things could've changed.

Ah, probably not, though, g. Wrong part of the country, and it's been low from my understanding for a lot longer than from 2012.

E: Though a quick check does show we've definitely got a handful of species that loiter around at one point or another. Eh.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:49:26 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Due to my parents putting my steam account on family view, I can't install the free chivalry medieval warfare thing because it doesn't use the f2p game thing of just asking if you already have steam. It requires a 'purchase.' Sooo yeah. Not a big deal, but it is a bit of a stupid thing.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Hmm. I've been debating playing this after I play OneShot... but it's pretty hard to play, I take it? I could do without nightmares, but I rather like surreal horror as a genre.

Well, it's difficult to find the really freaky events. You either have to know about them, or just be bored enough to experiment and find them. Many of them have a small chance of appearing, but my theory is that if you seriously intend to beat the game you'll probably end up encountering most of them at least once.

It's difficult to play without a guide, anyway, because the core gameplay is aimless wandering in massive and/or screen-wrapping environments and mazes. It's basically the walking simulator before the walking simulator was invented. The key difference is that there's actually a lot of cool stuff to discover in Yume Nikki, and not just audiologs or diary entries or whatever they put in walking simulators nowadays.

My mildsad: I set my humidifier on my bed for like half a second, I needed the table it was sitting on. It silently leaked water all over my bed and floor, and all over its own internals as well. It still seems to work and hasn't zapped me, but it was a pain in the ass.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Walked past two of the myriad smokers on campus, can't get the smell out of my head. At least one of them was smoking reasonably nice cigarettes, I guess.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Frumple: I've avoided them so far, but we're still kinda chilly here. Y'all need a bat house on your property. They do good work. >_o
Please tell more o_o We have mosquitos in the dozens here, and electronic warfare (...we've got an electric swatter!) doesn't do much >_>

In relation to the thread, I hear them everytime while I sleep. I cannot sleep well because of this.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please tell more o_o We have mosquitos in the dozens here, and electronic warfare (...we've got an electric swatter!) doesn't do much >_>

In relation to the thread, I hear them everytime while I sleep. I cannot sleep well because of this.

If you have insectivorous bats in your area, basically you can build a wooden shelter on a pole or up in a tree. Bat houses for little bats usually have bat perches and compact spaces to shelter in, which are accessed from the bottom. Basically, you build or buy one, and hope to attract bats looking for a home. Then, they go out at twilight and munch on flies, moths, mosquitoes, etc.

You'd want to look up if they'd work in your area first, and how to construct them... but ours worked pretty well. Woodpeckers eventually drilled into and moved into the one... but that's probably a rare complication :3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Upsides of being anaemic:
1) Mosquitoes tend to ignore you
2)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Reading narrative format X-Com (old and new) LP's has made me want an X-Com TV show more than I already did. I doubt it'll happen, the fervor seemed to die after newcom 2. Dunno what the plot would be except the same damn thing that has happened in every main X-Com game to date (kill -> research -> kill bigger thing, until you kill the biggest thing and win). I'd still like to see it, though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile

A romantic comedy centering on the scientists, with occasional alien autopsies and muton base invasions.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 779