Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859069 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2595 on: February 27, 2017, 12:11:56 pm »

Getting laid and drinking aren't two events normally associated with me :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2596 on: February 27, 2017, 12:13:37 pm »

Lol, well that's college in America for you

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: February 27, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »

Lol, well that's college in America for you
....It is?

*looks around*

Not seeing it...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: February 27, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »

I've been attending classes on and off four a couple years and I've never been invited to have sex and get drunk.

Like, that is frankly bizarre. I didn't know people actually did that sort of thing outside terrible movies
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: February 27, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

I've been lead to believe that it's true, and unless the world is engaged in a very elaborate plan to fool me, I have reason to believe people do get invited to sexual intercourse and alcohol (although I believe this is generally an implicit invitation). Strange to believe, I know, but it does apparently happen.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: February 27, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

I didn't want to wait for the bus driver to get back from their hour-long break, so I decided to walk the rest of the way to school. It was... a pretty bad decision. I beat the bus here! But I still ended up freezing and my left foot feels like the bottom's peeling off. There's a big sensitive spot between my toes that's probably a blister.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »

Eep!  That's not good...

Hope it's not very serious.

I've been lead to believe that it's true, and unless the world is engaged in a very elaborate plan to fool me, I have reason to believe people do get invited to sexual intercourse and alcohol (although I believe this is generally an implicit invitation). Strange to believe, I know, but it does apparently happen.
Not to everyone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: February 27, 2017, 05:09:30 pm »

Try harder, then. You do usually have to put in a bit of effort, y'know?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:49 pm »

Try harder, then. You do usually have to put in a bit of effort, y'know?
Apparently.

Talking to people is hard though...Let alone girls.
Sigtext

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: February 27, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure the getting invited to parties to get drunk and whatever follows tends to happen a lot more to students who live in dorms and otherwise attend events.  If you're like me and did neither, then you probably won't get invited to stuff like that.

I lived off campus and only showed up for classes, so that's all I ever saw.  Don't feel like I missed much either, but then while I'm the kind that's also too shy to talk to girls, I was at least lucky enough to not have the urge to do so.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: February 27, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »

Well I mean I live in dorms but I barely see anybody.
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: February 27, 2017, 07:32:48 pm »

Ah, you have to get into the social side of things, of course. Pub crawls, faculty and student council events, etc etc. If I were you I'd try to get into the crowd that does the preparation for the freshmen's introduction. At least in my faculty that's a great way of combining drinking, socializing, and meeting new people.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: February 27, 2017, 08:05:55 pm »

Well, one, USian so no drinking for me, two, oh god running an orientation why, three...Like, seriously, not my thing...

Maybe I should try to go to this video game thing there've been posters for but honestly by Friday evening hauling myself back across a 10-15 minute walk for some videogames isn't all too enticing.
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: February 27, 2017, 08:11:56 pm »

Wait, isn't underage drinking at university both socially accepted and easily done?

(Around here folks start drinking at around fourteen, so your whole system seems veeeeeery strange to me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: February 27, 2017, 08:13:17 pm »

It's still illegal.

(Honestly I think the legal age for any drug should be 21 all 'round...You know, at roughly the point where it doesn't get to play havoc upon developing brains.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:19:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 779