Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858881 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2565 on: February 13, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »

This is mild because it's completely selfish, but I really want this drought to end so water restrictions lift. I'm sick of only showering twice a week.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2566 on: February 13, 2017, 07:00:41 pm »

This is mild because it's completely selfish, but I really want this drought to end so water restrictions lift. I'm sick of only showering twice a week.
Shower once a week for a refreshing change of pace.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: February 14, 2017, 04:00:06 am »

I wasn't aware Africa had water. Don't you guys drink sand?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: February 14, 2017, 06:15:35 am »

I coughed and hacked until a big handful of clear slime came out. Now I just keep coughing and coughing until I gag. Some health insurance would be nice right about now tbh fam fleek 100
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: February 14, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »

Moved.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:23:45 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: February 15, 2017, 01:54:53 pm »

Washing on the line got rained on.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:40 pm »

Washing on the line got rained on.
That's just God saying "you missed a spot," then continuing to say "Ah, never mind, I'll get that for you."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: February 15, 2017, 06:37:42 pm »

I guess I induced vomiting by opening my mouth kinda wide and moving my tongue just so. Opened my mouth a bit wide, moved my tongue, cough cough blegh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: February 16, 2017, 10:58:10 am »

People who are subject matter experts whom I know to be competent making a decision to quote Art of War in an academic journal.

Plz don't that, people. Sun Tzu sucks.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:27 am »

Yeah, I mean, according to records, Sun Tzu most likely lost a battle and died. I'm not saying that your advice all become invalid if you fail once, but clearly it didn't help the man so much either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: February 16, 2017, 11:07:06 am »

Plz don't that, people. Sun Tzu sucks.

The most cringeworthy thing I read was someone reviewing Sun Tzu and saying how it wasn't as good a read as they'd hoped, they'd hoped for something like the Celestine Prophecy basically.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: February 16, 2017, 11:29:04 am »

Yeah, I mean, according to records, Sun Tzu most likely lost a battle and died. I'm not saying that your advice all become invalid if you fail once, but clearly it didn't help the man so much either.
That's why all those people should quote Alexander Suvorov, instead. Won over 60 battles, lost zero, defeated armies outnumbering his own many times with low casualties on his side, including one case where the other army was defending in a fortress, and died in bed from illness. Probably the best general Russia has ever had. And his advice is pretty seriously different from what Sun Tzu offers - his method is not of deception and mind games, but of careful, thorough preparation and intense drills, and then a very fast attack, crushing the enemy along with their "tricky" plans. Very cool.

Apparently, my dumb AI thing was not learning correctly, because I tried to accelerate its learning in a wrong way - making the simulation too low resolution for AI to properly operate it. Oh well, now that I know it, I can do something to fix it :D
._.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: February 16, 2017, 11:42:46 am »

To be honest, Sun Tzu's advice applies a lot better to court intrigue and similar "bloodless" wars than it does to the actual warfare aspect itself. Obviously they still have some application and are useful for the early stages before widespread fighting begins, but there's a reason why he says things like:
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting",
"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle",
and "To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: February 16, 2017, 12:32:37 pm »

I think the idea is that Sun Tzu's teachings really just apply to statecraft when it comes to war, rather than the actual act of war itself. And again, he was on the losing side so apparently he failed at that part.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: February 16, 2017, 04:02:31 pm »

It's been a slow week of job applications. Most of the postings lately have requirements like a college degree in x, or in general, or previous experience in the field, or are simply something I couldnt really do.

There's one for sperm donations, but strangely it mandates a college degree. So my sperm needs to be educated. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 779