Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858894 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2475 on: January 25, 2017, 03:42:46 am »

Felt like I was going faster today, and I really was trying, but at the end of the day I finished on the same task as yesterday, and it wasn't the last one i needed to do. So two days in a row i he failed to finish my assignments. My supervisors "thanks for your help" didn't seem very sincere either...

There was also a temp worker filling in today, apparently he assumed I'd fail again and called ahead
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2476 on: January 25, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »

Stared at a stranger way too long because I thought I recognized them. Not only was it not who I thought it was, I got quite a few weird looks in return. I guess long hair, dark circles and black clothes make you look a bit sus...

Is "sus" a common abbreviation of "suspicious" yet?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 25, 2017, 11:08:50 pm »

Yes, although I believe it's usually spelled "suss".
Though that also means "check out", so perhaps the one-s version is better...

My Mildsad: kinda wanted to go to a gig today, mostly to catch up with a couple of friends who I haven't seen in quite some time, but today is Australia Day and in the current climate of raging SJW-ism any event today, especially a punk show, is bound to be rather politically-charged and tense.
Hell, the event in question is even pointedly called "26th of January", so you already know where the organizers stand. ::)   

I think I'll stay home, maybe spend the $20 I had set aside for the gig on some beers. Either that or save it for a far-saner metal gig tomorrow.
...Hey, that works, and then I can work out all my anger at the morons spouting opinions today harmlessly in the pit!       
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:10:41 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 26, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »

I really dislike my family. They don't think like I do, they don't care about the things that I care about, they don't make decisions that would make sense to me, they don't value self-reflection, they don't value exploring other perspectives, they don't challenge their own ideas.

We have nothing in common. I just kinda shut down around them, and when I have to interact with them I feel like there's something wrong with me because I can't guess what they're thinking or relate to their opinions. They're the kind of people that are satisfied to say "I could never do that" or "that's beyond me" or "I couldn't learn that". That sort of thing is really fucking weird to me.

Lord knows my family isn't mean to me, I've never been mistreated. I just feel like if my family members weren't my family, I would probably really dislike most of them, and that makes me sad.

I realize that I'm probably coming off as a superior asshole but it's seriously how I feel, and if it makes me a superior asshole for feeling these things then I guess I am.

Could... could I ask people not quote this post specifically?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:08:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:09 am »

Yes.  You can.

====

I never thought I would want a Rage Thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 27, 2017, 06:11:23 am »

Yes.  You can.

====

I never thought I would want a Rage Thread.
Rage with friends; talk with people. Let that grow into understanding to handle the situation or at least handle your feelings in facing similar situations. :P
There's the IRC and Bay12 discord--and a ton of nice folks out there.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 27, 2017, 08:05:49 am »

Mm.

Yeah, hard to handle a situation where you basically can do naught but uselessly vocalize unheeded complaints.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 27, 2017, 08:56:17 am »

Its pretty normal to have a family that doesn't think like you, specially if you're the youngest, like me.

But thats the thing, I'm pretty glad they don't actualy think like me, if they did, I'd be positively terrified :U
Anyway, its important to love them regardless of how different they are, in fact, said differences are even more of a reason to love them. Its good to have people that think differently around, even if they're the kind to impose odd limitations upon themselves. Plus, you might find that you do have similarities with them, for example, while my father would prob slap me into shape if he knew I was a dirty bisexual, we're pretty similar in regards to other things, and I do love my father for who and what he is, the strick military sarge bastard, and my mother, possibly the most patient person in the world, which is kind of necessary to raise people like me, my sister and my brother. I dread the day I won't have them around.

This realization, of course, comes with time, though its better that you start thinking about it now, then later when you don't have them anymore.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 28, 2017, 02:47:34 am »

grumble grumble stupid people interrupting writing time broke my damn groove and now I can't get anything substantial done tonight. grumble
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 28, 2017, 02:08:26 pm »

I made two cups of coffee thinking I'd be able to drink it all, and as usual I find I don't even want the second cup. Coffee's expensive so I'll probably drink it anyway and make myself sick, and have a bigger, suckier crash afterwards.

I'm finding my personal text less and less funny and relevant, but it's the one thing I haven't changed (besides name ofc) since I first signed up here.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:10:57 pm by itisnotlogical »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2485 on: January 28, 2017, 07:07:26 pm »

Well hey, at least you can stand it. I wouldn't even take a sip if i could avoid it. :v

also i am so very tired but i don't want to go to bed yet it's only 1am

nnnnnnnngggggggggg
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 28, 2017, 07:18:19 pm »

I like coffee, provided there's not too much/too little cream and sugar. It's just that anymore, I can't have a lot of it or it makes me pretty sick and uncomfortable. Caffeine also just seems to make me really tired after an hour or two, instead of imparting energy like it used to.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 28, 2017, 08:53:38 pm »

I like coffee, provided there's not too much/too little cream and sugar. It's just that anymore, I can't have a lot of it or it makes me pretty sick and uncomfortable. Caffeine also just seems to make me really tired after an hour or two, instead of imparting energy like it used to.
Coffee doesn't work for that long. Coffee gives a strong but short caffeine alertness peak. For more long term caffeine effect, drink the various black tea melanges. Although the effect is less of a kick, it does last longer.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 28, 2017, 09:21:21 pm »

Currently 4 hrs into night shift.
4 more to go
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 28, 2017, 11:33:13 pm »

I beat MGS4.

I was kind of on board with this game, until the final parts of act 4. It was campy and kinda dumb at times, but I felt like I was following it and could tell why people liked the series as a whole. Then during act 4 it took a left turn and lost itself in speeches about fate and sin and destiny and ones and zeroes and memes, and never recovered.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 779