Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859025 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2445 on: January 18, 2017, 05:07:05 am »

I'm getting a hunch that having too much politics is not good for my brain.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2446 on: January 18, 2017, 07:14:54 am »

Having trouble finding the full video of Shannon Noll getting arrested, as well as the leadup to it. Too many parody videos in the way.
Maybe I'll just read a news article on it instead...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: January 18, 2017, 08:36:23 am »

re: headphones

I invested in a good solid Headset (including in-built mic ((which isnt great but its better than nothing because i use a desktop which obviously doesnt come with a mic))) a while ago, and its served me well to this day.

Bluetooth, that is. I've had to charge it... once every few weeks, maybe? For a night or something? It lasts for ages. I use it basically all the time when I'm on my PC and others are in the house (see: basically all the time), and the quality is good, it works fine, runs for ages.

And also, I have this thing where I break corded headphones really easily, through various means. I do a lot of stuff while listening to music, so I have a habit of dropping whatever device im using and the cord jack getting busted >-<.

These ones remove that, which is very convenient.

The quality is always good too, as long as I stay in range. Obviously. Because why would i be listening to music on a device so far away

Also, I wear big headphone earmuffs everywhere because it makes people not expect me to listen, and really completes the 'Please Leave Me To My Own Devices' look. I can't wear headwear with it though, but I usually wear that when out with friends.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:24 am »

It's almost midnight. My brother's family has been over way too long. I have to get up at 7, preferably earlier. Toddler and newborn are still here, still awake, still loud. They first said goodbyes like half an hour ago.

It is almost midnight. Please go home.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: January 19, 2017, 01:20:00 pm »

Had a couple of mildly explosive bowel movements that suggest I've ingested something that's disagreed with me.
I can't think of what it might have been, I haven't eaten anything unusual that I can think of... unless perhaps it was that ginger wine I drank yesterday? Could the ginger content have overwhelmed my poor gut with its mysterious-yet-potent healing properties? Is that a thing that happens?

Maybe I'll feel vastly better than before once I get over the shits. We'll see.

Edit: another, possibly somewhat related mildsad is that I was woken up terribly early (after maybe an hour or two sleep, tops) by either thunder or someone talking in the kitchen. I haven't really been able to get back to sleep- that last "mildly explosive bowel movement" came on just as I was getting close to drifting off, necessitating a leap out of bed and a rush to the toilet.
The problem is, I'm supposed to be trekking across town to the other side of the city to inspect a room this morning.
Some hairy public transport shenanigans need to transpire for me to get there, including a bus ride in an unfamiliar area which means a risk of me missing my stop. On top of that, obviously I have to try and make a good impression on my potential housemates at the other end-- heck, interacting with strangers is stressful enough normally. Being sleep-deprived won't help with any of this.

Perhaps I will just have to drink more coffee than usual and buy some Monster on the way. That always works.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:26:49 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2450 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:30 pm »

Gah, dealing with people is horrible. Particularly where employment is involved. I don't want to strand this potential employer, but equally I don't want them to casually manipulate me into feeling I need to help them or they'll go down as a way of securing my service. Why do I do this to myself?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: January 19, 2017, 04:00:51 pm »

*hugs Arx*

Wish I had advice for you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: January 19, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

I have advice, but it involves copper wire and ten thousand volts.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: January 20, 2017, 11:06:54 am »

Ouch.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 20, 2017, 02:22:18 pm »

-snip- on second thought, this was more of a WTF thing. My bad.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: January 20, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »

Tried to figure out the online healthcare application. Of course, there's a step where I have to call another person at another computer, because if I can lie on the web form then surely there's no way I could lie on a phone call. Only the government would create an automated web application, then force you to depend on another human being with specific days and office hours anyway. What a joke.

They couldn't identify me, probably because I don't have any credit history (that was one of the things they mentioned on the phone). So now I get to fill out a huge ass paper application, and buy another printer ink cartridge.

Whether the application's online or on paper though, I can look forward to it being "in processing" for ten months and nobody telling me until I go to the hospital with a tumor in my eye or something.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2456 on: January 20, 2017, 03:35:23 pm »

I have advice, but it involves copper wire and ten thousand volts.

As tempting as just tasing him is, I think I'll settle for the slightly less illegal alternative of telling him if his company drops the ball again I'm out. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: January 20, 2017, 08:17:45 pm »

Get home 30 minutes late and mum has a screaming fucking tantrum about how I never listen or do anything or do anything right and how horrible it is that I didn't get hired until just this wednesday.

Welcome home

And since ive been looking at offers for shared housing lately, the only ones in range of where I'll be working and within my budget is with some 19yr old girl who wouldnt be comfortable living with males, a Christian family offering only board for a woman to live in their basement with their daughter, a handful of men asking for females, including two offering to accept rent in sex (yes, really), an ad that is obviously a scam (very common in this area) and a couple more offering rooms for fellow gay men, although they're both reasonably priced and I might be able to squeeze in regardless. Maybe I can move back in with my ex-coworkers and just drive the extra distance, but I'd definitely not have any disposable income.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:23:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 21, 2017, 05:44:20 am »

Wow, that sounds even worse than the selection on offer in my current house-hunt.
Maybe I'll move to your continent!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 21, 2017, 05:45:46 am »

Oh yeah, and: ANXIETY.
Sorry for the double post, I'm on my phone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 779