Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1082573 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2385 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:50 am »

My phone was irrevocably water damaged. Destroyed completely while I consult with steam support downing my steamguard to transfer. The phone has a replacement but damaging something im responsible for is a huge wound to my pride.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #2386 on: January 07, 2017, 04:21:19 am »

Our furnace is not working.
Ask your mother to make roast or stew or the like for dinner. An excuse to keep the oven on for most of the day.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2387 on: January 07, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »

I hesitate to say "I drank too much", since the "too much" part is simply a matter of perspective, but... I can't even remember if I saw either of the bands I was most looking forward to yesterday or not. Which is functionally the same as not seeing them. :-\

This is what happens when a gig starts at midday and stretches on 'til late, I guess. I tried to pace myself, drinking plenty of water between drinks and such, but apparently it didn't work. Damn. Not even sure how I managed to afford to get so drunk with my budget- either my alcohol tolerance has decreased or people were giving me drinks, probably tequila shots. At least most of the bands I do remember were excellent! Plus I caught up with plenty of friends I haven't seen in donkey's years!
And most likely made an arse of myself in front of them whilst smashed, but oh well, they understand.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 08, 2017, 03:28:24 am »

The charging port on my laptop seems to be going out. Sometimes if I bump or knock it near the port it'll stop charging, even though it's very much plugged in to both the wall and the computer.

I seem to remember the charging port being a separate module that shouldn't be too hard to replace, but I'm not sure. More to the point, taking this thing apart is a huge pain in the ass, and I've already had to replace the fan.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:30:51 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 08, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

I have to go back to school tomorrow.

i cri
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 08, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

Ah, I remember that pre-University hatred of turning up.

I can't wait til the 30th so I can get back to work.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 08, 2017, 06:11:28 pm »

I really want a job so I can get out of this fridgid mess. Maybe I can help my parents out with some things too but damnit I want to get out of here again. Shouldn't have quit that other job, shouldn't have tried to get back on track with school. Gotta get moneys
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 09, 2017, 08:56:44 am »

If you think about it university is the opposite of work.

You have long vacations, but you pay money to work your ass off.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 09, 2017, 05:36:20 pm »

I always keep slowing other people's games down by forgetting to play. I've always felt bad when getting in anybody's way, so I really hope they don't hate me for that.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 09, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »

If you think about it university is the opposite of work.

You have long vacations, but you pay money to work your ass off.
In the West, you pay money to the university. In Soviet Russia, university pays you!
._.

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 09, 2017, 06:25:06 pm »

I fucked my computer. And not in the good way.
No sir, my Dell inspiron is now borked. I tried to clean install a pirated windows iso but I realized (too late) that I downloaded the wrong one (86x iso apparently is similar to 32 bit in that they are both 32 bit). Fast forward 40 irreversible minutes and my PC has become a technological cripple.
All my drivers have been erased from the face of cybereearth and my C drive has been wiped. Goodbye all non-game programs and apps. Hardly matters that my game's are still there, since the things they need to live are gone.
My PC can't even detect my phone's wifi hotpot network anymore. Nor can it detect my phone as a storage device.
And I have no idea what drivers to download, where to get them, and how to do anything without them.
The only game I can currently play are CDDA, ASCII Sector, and DF (without graphic set).
I feel Amish right now.
Moral of the story: don't try to upgrade to 64 bit just because a single mod you want is only for 64 bit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 09, 2017, 09:01:56 pm »

I'm dumb and left it too late to switch from Yahoo mail. Ugh.
Just... so many years of using it caused something of a sentimental attachment, y'know? Not to mention the 100k+ emails I was hoarding over both my accounts. Customer loyalty or some shit. Now I doubt I'll be able to retrieve either account.

Not so much that I'm worried about having my information stolen or anything, it's just a shame to lose all of that.
Also it'll be tricky keeping track of certain things for a while without email notifications... damn.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 09, 2017, 09:17:45 pm »

Huh?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 10, 2017, 02:26:47 pm »

What?
Yahoo has been going downhill for a long time, they've finally fucked up so much that I can no longer access my email accounts.

New MildSad (with a bit of rage mixed in): someone, I'm assuming it was the disgusting creepy slob who is behind pretty much everything that goes wrong around here, ate all four of the tortillas I was going to use for my breakfast this morning. I'm up early because I do not want to be late for the house inspection I have at 10 AM (or 9 if you ignore DST).

I just bought those yesterday, I was going to have a nice couple of quick and easy burritos with refried beans.
That brings me to the WTF part- what did the perp even need four whole tortillas for? I mean, this guy is rather obese, but still it shocks me. Obviously the fact that he decided to finish off an entire packet of someone else's food in the fridge should be more of a shock, but this guy has enough of a reputation for being a piece of shit that I'm just annoyed, sad (about my nicely-planned breakfast being ruined) and angry. 
Guess I'll just have to eat some instant noodles instead. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 10, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

Wow, that's disrespectful. On the plus side, you [won't be|weren't] farting from beans during the house inspection. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 792