Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858882 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2370 on: January 04, 2017, 10:19:34 am »

shrug

I'd only complain if the music was country music. I hear it enough at the house and in the car that I don't wanna hear it if we end up going to a restaurant :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2371 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:44 am »

I thought about VideoNow for the first time since I had my own in 2003.

It goes against my long-held policy that nostalgia is a stupid hindrance, but I'm nostalgic for the time when you couldn't just stream HD video from outer space onto a device the size of your hand for about $50 a month. It feels like no really life-changing gadgets have come out in a long time. They just seem to come in prettier, more expensive boxes, often with a stupid gimmick that nobody asked for anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 04, 2017, 03:13:05 pm »

It's not real :(
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 04, 2017, 03:26:22 pm »

D:
Why not?
I loved hobo with a shotgun :C
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:21 pm »

Woken up this morning by yelling, apparently I wasnt out of bed and doing stuff soon enough. Can't get the goddamn hose to thaw so we can give the animals water. Everything is fucked today. Just everything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 05, 2017, 03:56:27 am »

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 05, 2017, 04:06:55 am »

Whatever that was, you sure edited it out quickly. :/
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 05, 2017, 04:45:40 am »

snip
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 05, 2017, 07:05:54 am »

Snicker-snack
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 06, 2017, 05:19:05 am »

Eh, I was saying some cringeworthy edgelord shit that I didn't really mean because I was in a bad mood. Life sux, idealism is dead, altruism never existed, that kind of thing.

I was surprised to find that the movie "Halo: The Fall of Reach" is actually an adaptation of the novel of the same name. It's one of the few Halo novels that I remember being pretty good (for a tie-in novel) so it actually got my expectations up for the movie.

Sadly turned out to be one case where it's better to imagine the story than actually see and hear it. The half-realism, half-Pixar, half-watercolor style was actually nauseating. Any scene that might have been kinda cool has audiolog narration  between every line. Finally, my imagined version of the scene with young John on the playground did not include shakeycam, slowmo and karate kicks.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:53 am »

I watched it. Honestly, I could get past the animation. I liked it. Mainly because I couldn't get into the novels no matter how hard I tried. Really hate that I couldn't, but meh. Yeah.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 06, 2017, 03:46:17 pm »

Eh, I was saying some cringeworthy edgelord shit that I didn't really mean because I was in a bad mood. Life sux, idealism is dead, altruism never existed, that kind of thing.
I recall seeing it as it was posted and...it seems to be the more common 'random thought that seemed so true until I thought about it more'. :P Fun with mental focus that way.

I watched it. Honestly, I could get past the animation. I liked it. Mainly because I couldn't get into the novels no matter how hard I tried. Really hate that I couldn't, but meh. Yeah.
I wish I had money for most things outside of basic needs and other stuff .-. While not poor, I've a list of novels I'd love...or at least game novels given the accessibility. >_<
But it breeds looking forward to things all the more! Yay savings! Hopefully I won't spend what I have on things I don't really need

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #2382 on: January 06, 2017, 05:12:04 pm »

Our furnace is not working. This is Canada, so that is a Bad Thing. I am currently wearing clothes and a housecat over my pajamas and trying to distract myself from shivering with video games while furnace repair people make metallic noises in the background.

The worst part is that the distraction works perfectly, at least until my hands become too numb to press the controls. Then I end up pressing the god-damn windows button and killing the game.

I hate the windows button. Its terrible. I've never once needed to use it for its intended purpose and it has an annoying tendancy to break games that handle exiting from fullscreen poorly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 06, 2017, 06:44:26 pm »

I use the windows button, saves time, but being that cold is certainly not fun times.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 06, 2017, 07:09:47 pm »

It's a warm, sunny day but I have a sniffle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 779