Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859191 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2250 on: December 06, 2016, 06:01:47 pm »

Last class today before Christmas. Four or five of us stayed behind to watch some corny film the lecturer put on, and at the end we were standing around chatting idly. The person who usually sits beside me and interacts with people the same amount as I do was standing beside me. He's an international student too, and as we were leaving one of the others asked if he was staying another semester, then wished him well in the exam, etc, as did the rest, none of them even so much as glancing at me standing right beside him.

It doesn't sound like much, but I was definitely ignored and felt kinda invisible. Proportional to this, it's only a mild sad, but still.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2251 on: December 07, 2016, 05:21:50 am »

I have encountered a new nemesis in the culinary world.
And said nemesis is; chicken liver.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:28:08 pm by Ultimuh »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 07, 2016, 03:44:16 pm »

When I try to start my copy of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the window opens for a moment, then immediately closes again.
This has not always been the case. I just wanted to cut some things. ;_;

And just after hitting post on this, it works fine. Nothing has changed. wut
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 07, 2016, 06:31:21 pm »

Need to go poop but I also need to walk to the shops.
Should probably do the latter first but the longer I procrastinate the more uncomfortable that seems.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:06 pm »

I need so badly to have some alone time, I don't think it's happening today. Or tomorrow either as a matter of fact.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 08, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »

New YouTube thing where they start showing ads for other videos before the old one is over is veeeery annoying.
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 08, 2016, 07:52:45 pm »

Why is it so that whenever I find a tattoo artist that I really like

I don't even need to scroll up to see that the fucker works in St. Petersburg? Seriously, what the hell is it with ol' St. Pete's that everything good is in there? Pls move some good things to Moscow

Sincerely, disgruntled Moscow resident (the disgruntled bit is startling; as far as I know, nobody in this city is ever gruntled in the first place)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 08, 2016, 08:49:32 pm »

New YouTube thing where they start showing ads for other videos before the old one is over is veeeery annoying.

They're trying to get you to install a good ad blocker, obviously.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 09, 2016, 12:01:56 am »

They probably have their ad systems designed by interns or students as part of their web design assignment work, it's not like anyone's going to see it anyway. :P

Anyway, my mild sad: Just that typical moment where you have a really nice dream and forget just about the entire thing immediately upon waking up. There was actually even a song in it, that I listened to a couple of times towards the end of the dream, then realised with shock and sadness as I was waking up "It's not actually a real song!"
Yes, brain, it's not a real song and you'll never be able to listen to it... especially since you have now forgotten what it sounded like.

Oddly enough, I can remember that music aspect of the forgotten dream thing happening to me in the past. Once I even quickly wrote down a vague description of the song, in the hopes that one day I would unearth my hidden musical abilities and recreate it in the real world. Perhaps I do have some composing skills, what with my subconscious tormenting me with such beautiful songs- although of course it's always possible that they're just a mashup of various songs I've heard in the past, but isn't that basically what music is?

Anyway, the music wasn't even the main thing. Just, forgetting a really nice dream where I'd become attached to the characters.
There was actually a moment later in the dream where a series of videos, probably LPs, that I'd been greatly enjoying came to an emotional end, leaving me wanting more. This made me realise how similar the "lost dream" feeling is to the "finished a great book/movie/series" feeling- but of course, the former has the added impact of never being able to go back and re-read or re-watch it, never being able to fill the gaps in recollection. It's gone for good.

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it. I'll stop rambling now and go have a coffee.
Tl;dr: Forgot a dream and I'm upset about it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 09, 2016, 05:13:13 am »

I was going to say that I don't really understand people's annoyance on ads, but the Chromecast ad is starting to get on my nerve.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 09, 2016, 06:08:08 am »

The Youtube Music one is my least favorite. So annoying that I instantly mute it, so short that it's over by the time I have.

I hope whoever made that music is on Twitter or something so I can tell them their song sucks and they should feel bad for having composed it.

majadrink cazzihawajjawaaahaziwooja mamamajaboogi
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 09, 2016, 07:00:21 am »

How well can Internet cookies track your online behaviour? This well. Considering pretty much every site throws one (or more, if you haven't disabled third-party cookies) at you these days, I'm starting to understand how targeted advertising really works.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 09, 2016, 07:05:29 am »

How well can Internet cookies track your online behaviour? This well. Considering pretty much every site throws one (or more, if you haven't disabled third-party cookies) at you these days, I'm starting to understand how targeted advertising really works.

This is probably going to make me waste a whole lot of time.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 09, 2016, 12:22:57 pm »

I was going to say that I don't really understand people's annoyance on ads, but the Chromecast ad is starting to get on my nerve.

I started blocking ads over a decade ago. My reasons are the same as that fellow's.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 09, 2016, 12:38:03 pm »

I didn't even know that ad blocking existed that long ago, huh.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 779