Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080946 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2235 on: December 04, 2016, 06:24:41 am »

Not really the point. That was just an example - romantic themes cover an awful lot more than love, even in songs.

And love songs, even of the most soppy variety, are infinitely preferable to the lyrical displaying of sexual genitalia that seems to be the style of today.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2236 on: December 04, 2016, 06:27:01 am »

element 115 hasn't been named Elerium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: December 04, 2016, 06:35:18 am »

Mass XCOM retcon time~
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: December 04, 2016, 06:40:13 am »

Mass XCOM retcon time~
No comment from Bob Lazar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 04, 2016, 06:48:29 am »

Oops, the timeline proves me wrong.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: December 04, 2016, 01:25:18 pm »

I got tired of watching the old Fist of the North Star anime after the first arc, but various awesome versions of Ai Wo Torimodose have convinced me to take a second look.

Then I come across a video with a major spoiler right in the thumbnail and title, "Recommended for me". Thanks, Youtube. >:( Plot twists other than "Ken survived the impossibly lethal thing of the week" are few and far between in the original show, so I'm quite annoyed by that.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: December 04, 2016, 07:16:24 pm »

Had a really cool dream involving some sort of spooky old book/fairytale/horror story last night, but I can't remember really any of the details.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: December 04, 2016, 08:05:21 pm »

Mass XCOM retcon time~

Honestly, I don't think they'll have a problem with it. Just have it go 'alternate universe fuckery :v' and be done with it. That or go with the real name and have Elerium be the black market term to avoid drawing government interference.

EDIT: Just looked it up. God, I did not memorize the periodic table. Meh. Comment still stands as a 'bleeegh' thing :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: December 04, 2016, 08:08:48 pm »

Eh, isn't EU set in the past already?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: December 04, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »

The original was in 1990, the modern one is in 2015 IIRC. I might be wrong though.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: December 05, 2016, 03:04:36 am »

Headcanon: it's named Elerium-115, therefore it's an isotope. Though an isotope's number usually comes from neutrons increasing the number of nucleons in the atom, Elerium-115 contains antineutrons that are marked to instead reduce the effective number of nucleons in the isotope's name. This explains both its ability to let out massive amounts of energy, and why it can't currently be produced on Earth.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: December 05, 2016, 09:33:04 am »

but it has been named Moscovium

what more proof do you need to have to confirm that Russians are alien infiltrators
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: December 05, 2016, 09:44:35 am »

Are you sure it's not more like aliens are Russian infiltrators
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:25 am »

Friend has rehearsals all week, and then 4 concerts at the end of the week, while running off of an estimated total of 14 hours of sleep the previous week. Sleep deprivation a bitch.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: December 05, 2016, 11:30:31 am »

Do what any good friend would and lock them in a room with a bed and nothing else
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 792