Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080058 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1755 on: September 15, 2016, 07:14:26 am »

Ach, i am once again struck by the problems of not living in 'murica. See, i'd like to buy a big bunch of dice for roleplaying, and this seems pretty much perfect (there's also a half-size mound, though i'm not quite sure if that's enough since it'll be shared with some others), and i would be able to handle price... If not for the $25 shipping. It'll also likely take a long time before it gets here. I'd LOVE to get this, but it's a bit too expensive right now, and again, shipping's too much. There are roleplaying stores over here, but none of them seem to offer a big fat bag of dice, instead "just" selling individual sets, which would push the price way up for a big bunch of them. I'll have to ask my GM if he knows any non-murican places to buy a shit ton of RPG dice. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 15, 2016, 07:19:07 am »

You should totally try Mat Cauthon Ltd.

Many dice - he seems to just be giving them away.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:32 am »

Well it's why I suspect I just have a bad attitude. I'm not inexplicably sad. I know I'm sad because things never meet my standard of being good enough. It's exhausting being an overly critical asshole.

Ach, i am once again struck by the problems of not living in 'murica. See, i'd like to buy a big bunch of dice for roleplaying, and this seems pretty much perfect (there's also a half-size mound, though i'm not quite sure if that's enough since it'll be shared with some others), and i would be able to handle price... If not for the $25 shipping. It'll also likely take a long time before it gets here. I'd LOVE to get this, but it's a bit too expensive right now, and again, shipping's too much. There are roleplaying stores over here, but none of them seem to offer a big fat bag of dice, instead "just" selling individual sets, which would push the price way up for a big bunch of them. I'll have to ask my GM if he knows any non-murican places to buy a shit ton of RPG dice. :I

Generally speaking, a good solution for the price of a shit ton of dice is to use electronic ones, but I can understand why you'd want real dice.

But then in that case you shouldn't complain about the price you purist buttock. :v
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 08:26:45 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 15, 2016, 08:33:45 am »

Well it's why I suspect I just have a bad attitude. I'm not inexplicably sad. I know I'm sad because things never meet my standard of being good enough. It's exhausting being an overly critical asshole.
I know I'm not in much of a position to speak about the subject of depression but people say I'm depressed and I feel I have reasons to be sad too.

...god, I wish I had the ability to help anyone.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 15, 2016, 08:39:44 am »

BHK, you're helping right now.

Cinder:Just because you have a reason to feel bad doesn't mean you're not depressed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1760 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:26 am »

Generally speaking, a good solution for the price of a shit ton of dice is to use electronic ones, but I can understand why you'd want real dice.

But then in that case you shouldn't complain about the price you purist buttock. :v
Ain't the dice price i'm complainin' about. ;o
But really, i'm totally fine with electronic, it's just that rolling dice in meatspace feels better than *click* *number*. That, and i kind of want a collection. :P (... and a violently oversized d20)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:20 am »

Violently oversized d20 is best d20.

Now I want to make a mace out of a hyperviolence-sized d20 and d4s for spikes.  Just because it'd be cool.

Or maybe a flail?  Something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 15, 2016, 11:06:17 am »

I'm still not sure if I have depression.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:08:04 am by Solifuge »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 15, 2016, 03:09:06 pm »

But then the players will think you're using code-fu treachery to finagle the dice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 15, 2016, 06:31:15 pm »

@What is depression: Maybe it doesn't apply to everyone, but AFAIK for most folks it's not so much 'sadness without reason' but rather 'crushing, soul-sucking emptiness' (or a milder version of that). When you wake up, swing your legs to the side, and then just sit there for ten minutes because you just can't manage to get up and brush your teeth or put on some socks or have a shower - that's depression. When the concept of purpose has vanished from the world, taking life and color and coherence with it. Indifference towards everything, but most of all yourself.

Rule of thumb: If you think you're depressed, go see a doctor. It certainly won't do any harm*.

*Unless you end up taking medication unnecessarily, but that can usually be avoided by telling the doc that if possible you'd rather not take medication. There is the type of person that goes to that kind of doctor and is not content until they're prescribed something - make sure you're not taken for one of those folks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 15, 2016, 11:55:53 pm »

Sickness. Being sick is annoying.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 16, 2016, 01:37:45 pm »

Bleh. Second time in the last few months we've noticed grandparent forgot to pay a bill for... a few months. Last payment in july, just put one in the mail today. Lost the mail from 'em, didn't remember they were behind, etc. Starting to look like someone else (probably me) will need to start keeping track of that instead of giving the person the benefit of the doubt that they're on top of things. Another sign of a mind going to rot from age, which is as unpleasant as ever :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 16, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »

That's not so bad. My granny thought I was a gypsy invader for a while. Before that, she simply thought I wasn't part of the family.

But I suppose that's different - dementia.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 16, 2016, 01:49:54 pm »

... there being worse doesn't mean it's not particularly bad.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't, sorry.

Just sharing the sad your comment recalled.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 792